Buttons and knobs inverted

Redglyph

DCS 1.5.4.57288.170

Some 3-way buttons and knobs have their left- and right-click inverted, which makes it very confusing.

This is the reference, to avoid such confusion :)

I haven't checked them all, but here are a few ones:

RV:

SOD wave selector (right-click should be up, left-click should be down, here it's the opposite)

Radar off/prep/on (same)

Low altitude off/comp/on (same)

SOD modes (should rotate clockwise with right-click, here it's the opposite)

CU:

Weapon selector

CL:

C69, dangerous altitude warning set

Actually I think most of them are reversed :huh:

Hope you can fix this, there is a similar problem in the A-10C and it's always a nightmare not to click buttons in the wrong direction. That's why they set a standard (linked above) to avoid that problem.

Thanks! :)

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Alrighty, now that I fixed the A-10C I could fix this one, would anyone be interested by such a fix, so that all switches behave the same as other aircraft?

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the fix, you can download it from the user files.

Much better now, a right-click moves switches up, and knobs clockwise as expected. The few controls which were already correct were left untouched of course ;)

It does not fix

- the "Marker Far/Near" broken switch (it's possible to switch it, but the animation is wrong and you have to guess where the switch actually is),

- the broken red flood light knob which turns the wrong way (and doesn't produce light in 2.0.x)

- the navigation lights, since some people may actually prefer it like it is now

- 1.5.6.3690 and 2.0.5.3889 fixed the red flood light knob, that's the only difference with the previous versions.

- 1.5.6.4818 changed the localization and did some clean-up of the file.

Edited by Redglyph

Thank you!

Is it compatible with Integrity Check?

edit

It is! Super!

Edited by zaelu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

• 4 months later...

Updated for DCS1.5.6.3690 and DCS2.0.5.3889 (and later versions).

The direction of the flood light knobs was fixed by Magnitude 3 LLC, hence the new file.

Enjoy :)

And another update:

- 1.5.6.4818 changed the localization and did some clean-up of the file.

• 5 weeks later...

They changed everything again in 2.1...

I'm not sure I'll maintain this fix anymore, if they don't want to integrate it at some point.

EDIT: apparently the file reverted to what it was in 1.5.6, without the LOCALIZE (weird). So using the latest 1.5.6 fix in 2.1 should work.

Edited by Redglyph