Main Rotor Flying Off

desqjockey

Your throttle (joy Z) should be bound to" flight control collective" not "throttle".<This was just a guess but maybe this is issue...

d) Throttle − Slowly advance past the engine idle stop ([PgUp]) to the engine idle position. Manually check the engine idle stop by attempting to close the throttle ([PgDwn]). Ensure the throttle is kept in idle power as the engine is being spooled up. Setting the throttle past idle during engine start can result in engine damange or fire!

pg112-113 cover throttle settings during startup

Edited by cthulhu68

• ED Team

attach a track showing the issue

also use Rctrl + enter to show your controls axis, you maybe getting axis spikes?

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

The rotor will also come off when the cyclic is deflected fully forward. You could open the controls indicator (rctrl + enter) to make sure the cyclic axis are centered during startup.

Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)  | AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 4,5Ghz | 128Gb DDR4 3200Mhz | beQuiet! Dark Power 12 1200W | 2 x 2Tb M.2 Samsung SSD | 2 x 4 Tb M.2 Samsung SSD |  Aorus RTX3090 Xtreme 24Gb | Windows 10 Pro x64 | HOTAS Cougar (heavily modified) | MFG Crosswind pedals | CH Throttle Quadrant | TrackIR5 | Oculus Quest 2 | VoiceAttack

Aviate Navigate Communicate

do you have same centering problem with other planes?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Looks like your stick is forward and to the left. Check in Options/Misc tab and uncheck syncronise controls with Hotas at mission start.

Also as I mentioned previously check no axis assignments are conflicting, rudder pedals should only have one entry in the axis asign as should collective and the cyclic 2 axis assigned only.

Failing that run a repair or try to emulate the behaviour from a cold start

My cents/pennys worth:)

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Looks like your stick is forward and to the left. Check in Options/Misc tab and uncheck syncronise controls with Hotas at mission start.

Also as I mentioned previously check no axis assignments are conflicting, rudder pedals should only have one entry in the axis asign as should collective and the cyclic 2 axis assigned only.

Failing that run a repair or try to emulate the behaviour from a cold start

My cents/pennys worth:)

That would be the problem. Synchronize HOTAS at start does that for some people, including me, mission starts with throtte/collective full forward/up and the stick full forward and left. Uncheck the box and the problem goes away.

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer