Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 9

gregzagk

I do not think that mixing strikers would make it more like 104th. I am all for realistic scenarios.

But DCS is not the place for realistic scenarios at the scale of blueflag imho. If you had "realistic" scenarios we would at least need convoys to make it from one airfield to another or to a farp or whatever to be captured and be usable. But DCS Engine at core simply would die.

Blueflag imho is more of a multiplayer game mode. Thus I would advocate for mixing strikers again, and if it is only one round to test if it has any measurable influence on team numbers.

And honestly when RVE was red the last two times we were standing at tblisi doorstep within days the last two times. Thats no fun either. Its really weird that squads disappeared and somehow the intent shifted from "to have some quality MP time" to "to win" when considering side choice.

One Idea that just sparked, mainly for the rounds, maybee not so much for testing.

Have the server running a few days with an empty mission, so no flying, just signing up for red or blue. In that phase you are free to choose whatevar side you want. Since no side has an advantage yet the advantage driven joining should be mitigated.

Once that part of the sign up phase is over, the round starts and sign ups may only be made on the side which is in the number disadvantage. that should probably in the beginning raw sign ups and then over the few first days shift to average relation between team numbers over24 hours.

Groups which fly together can sign up in pre round phase, cards can be kept covered or not, once the round start you can only join the side which is in the disadvantage the last few days.

Might balance the numbers because honestly, when one side is massively outnumbering the other, its most often a mass of random names which gives one side the edge over the other.

Just an Idea. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

Greg, Mig-21 loadouts, no flare pods in maykop and novorossisk that we tried, Also whats wioth the limitations on fuel for Mig-21 and Mirage? That kindda makes things hard for those small birds, cannot load any extra fuel on Mirage (maykop and Novo tested) and only th esmaller fuel tank on the 21's plus a lot of ground ordanance prevented. Any change log that specifies these changes, because it was pretty rubbish to just get to Sochi have 120 seconds AB and then RTB.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Greg, Mig-21 loadouts, no flare pods in maykop and novorossisk that we tried, Also whats wioth the limitations on fuel for Mig-21 and Mirage? That kindda makes things hard for those small birds, cannot load any extra fuel on Mirage (maykop and Novo tested) and only th esmaller fuel tank on the 21's plus a lot of ground ordanance prevented. Any change log that specifies these changes, because it was pretty rubbish to just get to Sochi have 120 seconds AB and then RTB.

Same here was wondering about it as well. Flying the M2k without a centerline tank is rather pointless range wise

Daniel, when the server gets reset, we occasionally switch factions.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Ah alright! :) Just hoping some other squadron switches to the other team aswell everytime you guys switch team... (balance) but currently seems ok, our team (red) still has many airfields :)

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

I've dodged a 120 fired at 5nm, over flat desert in Nevada. In fact I've dodged such shots, more than once unaided by terrain in the Caucus.

Ok, was it 120C for sure, and what aircraft were you in? (also firing ac and your ac altitude at time of launch are important)

I was referring to not possible dodging an AIM-120C when you're/I'm in a MiG-29S while the enemy fighter launches from at least 4000 meters altitude (or it was even 8000m or higher those times...) and you're/I'm below 2500 meters in the MiG-29S at the moment he launches... but that was few months ago, things might've changed since the last 3-5 patches or so.)

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Ok, was it 120C for sure, and what aircraft were you in? (also firing ac and your ac altitude at time of launch are important)

I was referring to not possible dodging an AIM-120C when you're/I'm in a MiG-29S while the enemy fighter launches from at least 4000 meters altitude (or it was even 8000m or higher those times...) and you're/I'm below 2500 meters in the MiG-29S at the moment he launches... but that was few months ago, things might've changed since the last 3-5 patches or so.)

I can dodge 120s pretty consistently on the deck below 50 feet with the enemy 10-30k ft above me. Its all about knowing when to turn and run and how to run the missile into the ground or out of energy or miss you entirely. This can be done with any plane including the Mig. Just because you can't do something does not make it impossible.

Edited by M0ltar

several questions

Hi,

as a helo pilot I have several questions, havn't done a lot of Blue Flag yet.

1. why not capture comm stations? When I look at the live map I see most things blue, but comm2,3,4 are usually red. Why do you not capture it?

2. What does comm do? Is it a long range radar? Do you get intel on all aircraft in that PAK?

3. Are EWRs useful? Are tey useful when there is no GCI? Because I don't see many GCIs. As a matter of fact the radio seems to be rather quiet. In the youtube videos a whole lot more information exchange is happening.

4. Can you rearm the Sa6? Once it has launched all its 9 missiles from its 3 launchers will it rearm? Can/must I put a weapons truck next to it to rearm?

5. Are the Sa6 useful at all? Do they bother the yets?

6. does the GCI see on the map where friendly EWRs and SA6 are located?

7. Which troops to deploy? When taking an objective which troops should I take it with? Regular, mortar, anti-tank?

8. Can you take an objective with the Stinger guy? Or does he count as AA, not as toops? (Guess so, because he's in the AA section of CTLD)

Thank for enlightening me (not for lighting me up :smilewink:)

You know what worse than a 120 a mirage 2000 racking up kills in that thing i swear its invisible them aim 120s are not that dangerous the m-2000 is :D adapt and over come wait til the f18 that shed will still have spamrams.

Hehehe...I saw few days ago someone with Chinese name ? scored full 10 kills without being killed in M2000C. But then on blue side mostly strikers with only couple of fighters. But still it was impressive, something I couldn't do it in Flanker / Eagle

Edited by Oceandar

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

1. why not capture comm stations?

Ideally, the comm station would be neutralized first/simultaneously, but it depends on the assets and time available. Sometimes, you will see a lot of people on your side, but no coordinated effort to do anything other than what individual guys, or groups, want to do. With a small group of people and a limited time frame, the airbases seem the logical choice.

2. What does comm do?

Provides the enemy with radar coverage out to the limit of the radar type, limited by terrain occlusion, of course.

3. Are EWRs useful?

Yes, they are extremely useful. There are a lot of holes in the radar coverage, and placing a unit in these areas will allow GCI to *sometimes* see contacts. If you have Combined Arms, you can act as GCI for your team, and you will be able to communicate what you see to your teammates. A good GCI is worth his weight in gold.

Some GCIs act as Side Commanders as well. With a solid idea of the BF game mechanics, a GCI will be able to coordinate CAP and direct strikes to the target(s) he has determined to be a priority. I'd say out of all the GCI's I have ever encountered - there are maybe... three that are of that caliber.

4. Can you rearm the Sa6?

CTLD menu - Kub Repair will do it.

5. Are the Sa6 useful at all? Do they bother the yets?
I assume you meant vets. I, personally, find them extremely useful as a deterrence against unopposed violation of airspace. You force the enemy to become vigilant, and little more cautious. Combined with friendly CAP, a well placed SA6 grid (multiple overlapping sites), will halt an enemy in it's tracks.

6. does the GCI see on the map where friendly EWRs and SA6 are located?
yes. If you mean freindly GCI seeing friendly EWR/SA6. Sometimes you can see enemy sites, but don't **** with them - it is bad form to turn off enemy radars. Don't be that guy.

7. Which troops to deploy? When taking an objective which troops should I take it with? Regular, mortar, anti-tank?
Mortar

8. Can you take an objective with the Stinger guy? Or does he count as AA, not as toops? (Guess so, because he's in the AA section of CTLD)
Can't capture with Stinger guy.
Edited by Panhead

I already got bored of Blue Flag since flying same thing over an over nothing really new no change in Frap locations or objectives or airbases location and so on an so on.

Right now i know by heart where everything is every ground targest are at every sam so on makes it unfun an not very challangeing.

So i find my self flying Deadbeef server that diffeant all the time even open conflict every location diffeant every objective is dynamicly changed for example your on a bombing mission get pulled from orginal mission and deverted to assest Transport choppers with TARCAP to take a outpost in the dense moutains etc etc makes it rewarding an most challangeing becuase never know you run into in every task.

I already got bored of Blue Flag since flying same thing over an over nothing really new no change in Frap locations or objectives or airbases location and so on an so on.

Right now i know by heart where everything is every ground targest are at every sam so on makes it unfun an not very challangeing.

So i find my self flying Deadbeef server that diffeant all the time even open conflict every location diffeant every objective is dynamicly changed for example your on a bombing mission get pulled from orginal mission and deverted to assest Transport choppers with TARCAP to take a outpost in the dense moutains etc etc makes it rewarding an most challangeing becuase never know you run into in every task.

Yes, Blue Flag was not built to run all the time but launch specific rounds. So we launched 9 rounds with different concepts during the last ~1.5 year. Now the server is open with the 9th round setup for the people that asked for.

Will introduce changes once we have available time.

Greg

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

Personally Im glad they keep it running. You dont have to join the testing round if its repetitive for you.