Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 9

gregzagk

Learn the location of the targets from SOP document. Mirage has a great navigation system - INS. Use GPS coordinates to create the flight plan and mark the targets. MiG-21 - RSBN, ARC and dead reckoning.

In reality the targets in BF are static. After getting experience with time visual navigation may be enough. Hate to say it but the once knowing where the targets are the easiest way is the own location mark on F10 map and the bearing tool.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

They have combined arms and act as GCI (forward observers).

JD

AKA_MattE

I have CA also. I will check this out further. I have not noticed being allowed to see enemy movements on the F10 map as forward observer. Do these guys take up JTAC roles?

Too bad they don't have a Tactical Commander role or two offered. Fun hopping into GV's and killing stuff or have strategic goals moving stuff around into enemy areas.

Thanks.

=======

Later Edit:

=======

OK, played with CA tonight and once the enemy aircraft get within Red's radar detection zones, sometimes they become visable, but not consistently. Left this same message following to the Buddyspike Forums concerning this same topic. :

"I found this video to YouTube where a Mirage was acting as an AWAC with 3 other Su-27s. This is what I think I was listening to on TS3 a few days ago, something like this. I have Combined Arms and the F10 map as a Forward Observer position is not giving consistent, timely radar returns in a very accurate means of accomplishing the task necessary to be useful."

Play all of the video.

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

How do you guys navigate to ground targets in something like the Mirage or MiG 21?

I use the F10 map, the additional Kneeboard thingy. Ka-50 has a moving map in its ABRIS as long as it does not get damaged. On the Blue Flag server my ABRIS map shows enemy positions in small blue circles.

I just setup the Mi-8 yesterday to do supply runs and don't see an internal map, yet---still learning.

Been learning Mig-21 for about a week, still a work-in-progress.

Have not flown the Warthog in a long time, I think it too has an internal map.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So I just killed a FARP in the KA-50 and was sitting there watching it, waiting for an Mi-8 shows up.

After about 5 minutes it INSTANTLY became repaired 100%, with no incremental messages.

Went from destroyed to 100% without warning. Everything came back at once and I was killed before I could even rifle.

Is this intentional? Isn't it supposed to repair in 30 minutes? plus give messages saying the % its repaired?

I can safely get kills using Vikhrs at 8K out without enemy ground vehicles getting me; don't get in too close. Use the terrain to hide in.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

How do you guys navigate to ground targets in something like the Mirage or MiG 21?

The server has the own aircraft icon cheat enabled, which allows you to see your current position on the F-10 map which makes navigation a no-brainer.

Apart from that, the Mirage has a very sophisticated INS-navigation system which you can use for navigation.

In any case, you need to know the position of your targets which can be found here: http://gadget.buddyspike.net/

You can hover over each location with your mouse to get it's position.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Are you sure? I mean it only uses one core....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried that, it uses two since it oursources the sound to a different core.

Running it on just one core makes performance tank.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

GCI: "Control to SEAD: Enemy SAM site 190 for 30, cleared to engage"

Striker: "Copy, say Altitude?"

GCI: "....Deck....it´s a SAM site..."

Striker: "Oh...."

Fighter: "Yeah, those pesky russian build, baloon based SAMs."

-Red-Lyfe

Best way to troll DCS community, make an F-16A, see how dedicated the fans really are :thumbup:

To be honest ever since Round 1 through Round 5 Was the king the best fun best experince best stuff we remember and the moments but now Blue Flag has lost its fun and rep reason is that nothing has really changed and also everyone by now knows every place by heart and there are more blue flying aginst hardly no red team just flying aginst AI planes and AI ground planes also havent seen any squadrons or the IAF and 104 or xcom or greg as much flying anyway Blue Flag has becoming a dying breed like Ace of spades went.

To be honest ever since Round 1 through Round 5 Was the king the best fun best experince best stuff we remember and the moments but now Blue Flag has lost its fun and rep reason is that nothing has really changed and also everyone by now knows every place by heart and there are more blue flying aginst hardly no red team just flying aginst AI planes and AI ground planes also havent seen any squadrons or the IAF and 104 or xcom or greg as much flying anyway Blue Flag has becoming a dying breed like Ace of spades went.

I would have to disagree, for me and many others, lack of communication and tactics is what dampens the expirience. Sure the mission could be improved, but the players themselves could do alot more to improve the gameplay.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"DCS World is the main public build, it has nothing to do with being stable" -Bignewy

Hey fellas how long is this one going? Ill finally be home next week need to get some Blue Flag action in.

Round 9? It already ended ... one month ago.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

why did blue go back to the F4?

So now that BlueFor gets the MI-8 too, Gazelles should not transport troops. Right?

Due to less free time we push changes slower. Gazelle will stop tranport troops. The F-16s are back in the Blue side. ;)

Greg

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP