Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 9

gregzagk

This is what kills me with blueflag. Do I login to a gang bang or circle jerk? Maybe we need a PVE setup for blue players.

I just don't understand why blue is so dedicated to one side. I would like to fly the gazelle sometime but cant justify going blue with the numbers being so one sided. But then there is days like this where I don't want to even log on.

Next round Ill be selfish and go blue and play PVE

Whine complete!

uShpqnSh.png

Just join, wait a minute or so and someone else will join. Someone has to go first but others usually follow quite quickly. :)

The above is something we can't solve unfortunately.

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

From the logs i checked last night, it looked like you hadn't destroyed everything so you couldnt capture. The fact its now captured seems to confirm :)

DCS controls repair & rearm at an airfield so it possible that you can do that, even if its not in your coalition depending on DCS. Should be rare though.

The final say on if there are defenders or not is PAK info. If it says defenders present there are troops of some kind in the capture area.

Thanks for the reports though - can you do a Pak Info screenshot if you want to report possible future bugs? helps me debug as well :)

Another good test is bombers, they will find targets no matter what. Jtac is also very helpful but it must have line of sight to report an enemy.

I'll check, should be a pair of TFs at every airfield (but not roadbases by design :) (

Anapa was literally the first base added to the new scripts so there is probably a wrongly named group. I'll check.

The capture code is the same for all bases - I can also see Uckulan just got capped so its working in general which is good.

Server will be updated shortly to the new 1.5.7 so dont forget to update if you cant see the server

Thank you! This is super helpful info! Thank you for all your hard work!

TJ

Server is back up

Takes a little longer to load up the map with the update so dont connected unless 2 minutes have passed (you wont be able too and you'll just get frustrated!) to give the map time to setup everything :)

Interesting to see if performance is better or worse, nothing changed map wise so its just DCS thats changed.

Edit: the Pure Client system seems a bit stricter, check you've got a green shield before connecting. Click the shield to see what made it angry - likely terrain mod as thats now a little more protected I think

Seeing quite a few kicked by it:

[19:57:34] NEUTRAL player =RvE=Snowman disconnected Reason:Client is tainted
[19:57:45] NEUTRAL player DIAMOND 2-1 | Kozar disconnected Reason:Client is tainted

Edited by Ciribob

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Hey guys, lag got a lot better, now it only occurs when there is A LOT of players online.

I´m sure this has already been talked about, but what about weather? Flying in Summer clear skies little to no wind all the time is getting a bit boring, I want some crosswind landings and clouds :D

And another thing, why are there currently no tankers in the missions? There has been a couple of times where a tanker would have been very handy on those long cap missions in particular.

Thanks,

Fritz

Server is back up

Takes a little longer to load up the map with the update so dont connected unless 2 minutes have passed (you wont be able too and you'll just get frustrated!) to give the map time to setup everything :)

Interesting to see if performance is better or worse, nothing changed map wise so its just DCS thats changed.

Edit: the Pure Client system seems a bit stricter, check you've got a green shield before connecting. Click the shield to see what made it angry - likely terrain mod as thats now a little more protected I think

Seeing quite a few kicked by it:

[19:57:34] NEUTRAL player =RvE=Snowman disconnected Reason:Client is tainted
[19:57:45] NEUTRAL player DIAMOND 2-1 | Kozar disconnected Reason:Client is tainted

I think this is a nasty 1.5.7 bug... My multiplayer client was giving me the green shield. then I joined and after about a minute I got kicked with the "Tainted" message. Deverium's Gazelle English Mod caused the issue for me.

TJ

Server having issues staying up - not sure why.

As a quick test, turned off Pure Client enforcement. Please don't make us regret it.... :)

Yeah, I believe there are some issues with the integrity check at the moment. Im getting an error for "textures/moon" I have no idea where that file is as that directory doesn't even exist in my JSGME setup. Tried removing what I thought it was and am still having the same issue. Hopefully, if its an ED issue, it gets fixed quickly.

Terrain mods are now non grata in 1.5.7 IC..

Yep, looks like tainted client, at least on my end, is being caused by texture packs. Had green shield on Integrity Check, loaded a server, and then BAM "Tainted Client" listing a ton of texture files.

Very good, at least NOW everyone plays with same textures (std DCS ones) and everyone has same bad chance of spotting a plane over a forest. No more advantages for texture mod users :)

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Yes its intended, dcs facebook group claims mustangs new texture pack passes IC.

Apart from that the hash they implemented probably just takes long over the entire set of textures.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

any link for Mustangs new mod version? I missed them right away

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Very good, at least NOW everyone plays with same textures (std DCS ones) and everyone has same bad chance of spotting a plane over a forest. No more advantages for texture mod users :)

Any terrain texture pack adds more detail and noise to the ground and actually makes it more difficult to spot things against the ground.

Which texture mod do you know of that gives an advantage when spotting a plane over a forest??

Changing over to Mustang's new pack has fixed my issues. If anyone is encountering problems with "Tainted Client" and is running a texture pack try his.

Does it fix the issue or is it that Ciribob turned off integrity check on the server?

Server having issues staying up - not sure why.

As a quick test, turned off Pure Client enforcement. Please don't make us regret it.... :)

I sure hope you don't play with your trees and clutter sliders all the way down and still complain about not being able to spot.

Terrain mods commonly used are to enhance the detail, add more realistic (and cluttered) scenery, and make spotting much more difficult. Have you tried Mustang's mods or Starway's?

I got up this morning to see that Red had finally captured Krymsk, so Im wondering if we just needed to take a JTAC to find the troops. I have a real sneaking feeling that someone is setting an object to ROE green and hiding it in the building or trees.

Can blue try to take Krymsk again today? :)

TJ

There was nothing blue on Krymsk. I played the replay with labels on. Somehow it bugged out. No troops spawned but everything was destroyed. The airfiled turned red because a red huey dropped a igla before all blue units were destroyed. After blue units died airfield became red before blue troops spawned. Not sure if that hurt the script or not. Also noticed pak intel said airfield was at 6% but there was nothing left on airfield.

Edited by mia389

Can you let me know which places you've seen it happen at?

I'll double check but they should always spawn at the "center" of the base (where the marker puts it on the online map) but I think I added a radius around that spawn. Either way if you let me know, i'll move the center to ensure they dont spawn in trees.

Thanks for the report! :)

Oh, sorry I didn't read the reply! it was in Uckulan FARP (Pak 4) :thumbup:

That's why planes sometimes disappear from clean sight and you see only missile coming from nowhere, losing eye tracked target or you cant spot IR signatures on thermal vision devices. Near and far clipping also screw vision. That sucks and now we know why. Moded games shouldn't go on competitive MPs. Period. I would introduce CRC check for hard cored servers of this kind.

Suddenly, everybody is worried about textures? If you don't have anything to hide play on original ones. Otherwise go for SP and push space shuttle mods as long as you like.

Why would someone be special in any kind in MP? Mods, no way. Ciribob, push the limits even more on this.

My support to ED about this little nasty feature.

That's why planes sometimes disappear from clean sight and you see only missile coming from nowhere, losing eye tracked target or you cant spot IR signatures on thermal vision devices. Near and far clipping also screw vision. That sucks and now we know why. Moded games shouldn't go on competitive MPs. Period. I would introduce CRC check for hard cored servers of this kind.

Suddenly, everybody is worried about textures? If you don't have anything to hide play on original ones. Otherwise go for SP and push space shuttle mods as long as you like.

Why would someone be special in any kind in MP? Mods, no way. Ciribob, push the limits even more on this.

My support to ED about this little nasty feature.

Nasty feature? There is nothing wrong with starway, barthek, mustang, or pickskings textures. People like them because EDs default map looks like crap.

You guys can be on the hate train all you want, but a lot of people use them. There are tons of other mods that are allowed. Furthermore it should be up to the server teams to decide what is allowed and what is not and not ED. If the BF admins wanted to say no more texture packs, fine, but having the devs say that is pushing the line.

There are obvious reasons why. In RL we all have the very same textures and DCS is Simulator, right?

Let me give an example: Every major sport event have same strict rules for all - no exceptions. Everything else is manipulation and prone to disqualification.

So I say: No mods on BF! Dislike and go change the server. Simple as that - No hard feelings.

• Like 1

There are obvious reasons why. In RL we all have the very same textures and DCS is Simulator, right?

Let me give an example: Every major sport event have same strict rules for all - no exceptions. Everything else is manipulation and prone to disqualification.

So I say: No mods on BF! Dislike and go change the server. Simple as that - No hard feelings.

You can't compare BF and other DCS servers to pro sporting events. Hell, you can't even compare them to little league.

People pay money in both of those environments for a far playing field and they know what they are getting when the pay. We don't pay for BF or any other servers. We get on to have fun. There are tons of other multiplayer games including games like Arma that allow servers to choose what they want.

Just because you think its manipulation based on what you have seen does not mean it should go how you want it. Most people that use mods do it to better their experience and make it so that the game is closer to real life. If you want to use real life as an example go ahead, but I could counter and say I could get lasik eye surgery to get 20/10 vision so I can spot targets further away. Is that mod cheating? Hell, not every person is going to see the world the same way even in your comparison to real life.

Just let people do what they want and if, again, the server admins want to tailor an experience let them do it, but don't enforce it from the devs that is bullshit and leads to nothing but issues. I know people push the limits on what textures like snow etc are used, but ED could have found a way to enforce certain seasons instead of just taking everything away.We are playing a game, that for a long time has been built on the ability to use mods. It allows people to get things how they want it for planes and experiences that they want. taking that away is going to cause issues in the DCS community whether you like it or not.