Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 9

gregzagk

Very sad that the other BuddySpike members had to retire and that Xcom isn't recruiting new admins and not letting his moderators take care of player-related actions, but that he instead feels the need to personally act on his own quite limited knowledge of player-related actions. (quite limited due to him apparently not having the time to read the discord chat if a specific situation occured.) Please let the moderators handle things, they have the time to get the bigger and entire picture of player-actions, and act accordingly.

Edited by D4n
DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

5 hours ago, DanielNL said:

Very sad that the other BuddySpike members had to retire and that Xcom isn't recruiting new admins and not letting his moderators take care of player-related actions, but that he instead feels the need to personally act on his own very limited knowledge of player-related actions. (very limited due to him apparently not having the time to read the discord chat if a specific situation occured.) Please let the moderators handle things, they have the time to get the bigger and entire picture of player-actions, and act accordingly.

What happened? :huh:

• Thanks 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• ED Team

I will remind you all 

1.6 No multiplayer disputes on the ED forums, including inter-squad flamewars.

thank you

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

On 1/27/2021 at 10:18 AM, BIGNEWY said:

I will remind you all 

1.6 No multiplayer disputes on the ED forums, including inter-squad flamewars.

thank you

I replied to QuiGon in a private message because of that, thank you.

The good thing is that ED is working on improving multiplayer-experience for everyone (with new server-hosting terms of service), so not too long from now on Xcom hopefully (and most likely) will open at least 1 (better 2 probably) additional new job vacancies (as volunteers or maybe even with some pocket money from BF Patreon, if that financially works out 🙂) for the position of "BlueFlag managers", to assist him (Xcom).

Edited by DanielNL
DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Why is JF-17 added to 80's caucasus map? It looks as if MiG-15 was added to a ww2 server, it just shouldnt be there. What's more, why do we have 4 spawns in F-16 and only 3 in MiG-29? I know, 16 lacks aim-7s, but Mig lacks datalink making a2a challenging as well

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/31/2021 at 1:12 AM, TotenDead said:

Why is JF-17 added to 80's caucasus map? It looks as if MiG-15 was added to a ww2 server, it just shouldnt be there. What's more, why do we have 4 spawns in F-16 and only 3 in MiG-29? I know, 16 lacks aim-7s, but Mig lacks datalink making a2a challenging as well

Hopefully tagging @xcomhere will make him notice & read your post (and maybe my previous 2 posts here aswell. I just edited the previous one, now it is even more polite.).

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/31/2021 at 1:12 AM, TotenDead said:

That's very unfortunate that the server-owner does not reply in here to the feedback of his supporters (last time was june last year) 🤨. Let's hope that this will improve in the very near future. Also, it would help the community a lot if someone would assist him in managing his player-base.🇨🇭🔄

Edited by D4n

• 3 weeks later...

Hope to see better relations in near future, as some of these servers regularly are the only servers to enjoy specific DCS-maps in PvP.

Edited by D4n

• 2 weeks later...

What happened to the Caucasus server? It was an amazing server!

Edited by D4n

Please add TF-51 slots for red. Blue has Su-25T, red doesn't have any free DCS aircraft.

On 4/5/2021 at 9:11 PM, D4n said:

Please add TF-51 slots for red. Blue has Su-25T, red doesn't have any free DCS aircraft.

Isn't the TF-51 available as a recon plane on the server?

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

2 hours ago, QuiGon said:

Isn't the TF-51 available as a recon plane on the server?

Not anymore, it was available in the past but was removed for reason unknown to everyone (afaik).

Edited by D4n

2 hours ago, D4n said:

Not anymore, it was available in the past but was removed for reason unknown to everyone (afaik).

Oh cool, I always found it rather off putting to have a WW2 prop aircraft circling around modern fast jets.

Tornado3 small.jpg

I always found it very user-friendly to have a free2play aircraft on both teams and not just on one, because that makes both teams equally accessible to new DCS players and that way makes teambalancing easier. And landing on 30° slopes to deploy Stingers on hills (or night landings on one of shortest runways with Stinger on board) was hella fun 1 year ago before ED broke the Stingers. ✝️

Edited by D4n

16 hours ago, xcom said:

Quigon you can always checkout the wiki for the latest info on each scenario - 

http://wiki.buddyspike.net/

Thanks, I wasn't sure how up to date the wiki is :thumbup:

• Like 1

Tornado3 small.jpg

@xcomHi! Why lock a pilot to a side for the duration of campaign? This makes side balancing harder and prevents me from flying with friends on different airframes. Locking until mission restart would be better, especially if done automatically (joined red first, stay on red until restart).

Edited by impalor
  • Like 1

12900KF@5.4, 32GB DDR4@4000cl14g1, 4090, M.2, W10 Pro, Warthog HOTAS, ButtKicker, Reverb G2/OpenXR

17 hours ago, impalor said:

@xcomHi! Why lock a pilot to a side for the duration of campaign? This makes side balancing harder and prevents me from flying with friends on different airframes. Locking until mission restart would be better, especially if done automatically (joined red first, stay on red until restart).

Because then then a lot of people would just swap to the winning side, when their side is going to loose.

Tornado3 small.jpg

On 4/13/2021 at 5:49 PM, xcom said:

Quigon you can always checkout the wiki for the latest info on each scenario - 

http://wiki.buddyspike.net/

This isnt very updated... The different maps (Flyable aircraft) are all outdated

Edited by Rhinozherous
  • Thanks 1

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

9 hours ago, QuiGon said:

Because then then a lot of people would just swap to the winning side, when their side is going to loose.

If it were for fame or money, maybe. Many just join once in a while to have fun. And when there is a choice on other servers I always join to balance sides.

• Like 1

12900KF@5.4, 32GB DDR4@4000cl14g1, 4090, M.2, W10 Pro, Warthog HOTAS, ButtKicker, Reverb G2/OpenXR

Basic administration policy like the following is usually common sense within the multiplayer-server-hosting communities throughout the entire gaming-industry, but due to my past experience with BlueFlag administration (which was mostly positive btw.), it seems it's for the best of all to make those MP-pilots (those who either never knew or forgot) aware of those again (the following, in fact, is a scaled-down version of actual guidelines of a Forbes-featured gaming-company):

- Admins should make an effort to promote a culture of teamwork and communication through their actions on the server and through the creation of written server rules which do likewise.

- Admins should encourage a fair, friendly and sportsmanlike atmosphere when mediating interaction between pilots (between "lonewolfs" and squadron-pilots for example).

- Server owners and admins should ensure that they and their communities are conducting themselves in a reasonable and respectful manner, server owners and/or admins should be acted on accordingly (by DCS customers or ED staff) for any offensive behaviour in their server, chat/text, kick/ban reason or in bias/discrimination to these points through their actions.

- Admins should only kick a player after an initial warning and giving the player sufficient time to comply to the warning, and only expected to ban if the player continued to not comply after a kick.

- Admins should never suddenly impose rules that at the time are not in written form in either the mission-description or in the DCS-server's Discord-server (or another social platform).

‏‏‎ ‎

- Servers should make clear how players should conduct themselves while on the server and make clear how players can appeal a ban and via which platform (ED forum or Discord for example).

Edited by D4n
Added "squadron"-part.

On 4/23/2021 at 10:45 AM, D4n said:

- Admins should never suddenly impose rules that at the time are not in written form in either the mission-description or in the DCS-server's Discord-server (or another social platform).

‏‏‎ ‎

most servers have a "dont be a dick" and "use common sense" rule somewhere. if you explicitly need every thing written out it only shows that you are looking for loopholes to exploid. If you exploid such loopholes and get slappet on tha hand ....dont act surprised

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

28 minutes ago, Nero.ger said:

most servers have a "dont be a dick" and "use common sense" rule somewhere.

Exactly 🙂 And most players in most DCS squadrons also adhere to those, but there are some DCS squadrons in which quite a few of their members fully ignore those rules, and yet get away with it, what a bizarre world we live in, eh, Nero?

if you explicitly need every thing written out it only shows that you are looking for loopholes to exploid.

Negative, it only shows that I strive for clear rules for everyone, to minimize the risk for others to trap into the same s..t that I trapped into and to counter the risk of abuse of DCS server-admins (abuse-example: "whoa whoa, I don't like what this one player is doing, I don't give a  ***** what other players on my server think about it, bam, insta-ban, ha!" out-of-nowhere... :doh: )

And you ignoring my mentioning of the super-super basics of ruling (1. warning, 2. kick, 3. ban) and you not giving your opinion on it doesn't help the DCS-community either, Nero...

Edited by D4n
[abuse, not abusal]