Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 9

gregzagk

Id assume f5 and mig21 and some of the trainers. A10A and su25A from fc3. Not much else if one is being strict which i kinda doubt for BF.

This is actually the setting of Blue Flag Nevada which ran for quite some time in the past, but has been removed a while ago and hasn't come back so far. It had F-5, MiG-21, F-86 Sabre, MiG-15, UH-1, Mi-8, Su-25, A-10A and Viggen IIRC.

I would love if it would come back!

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

That sounds cool. But 95% of the time cauc seems deader than a doornail.

Which airframes are included?

Id assume f5 and mig21 and some of the trainers. A10A and su25A from fc3. Not much else if one is being strict which i kinda doubt for BF.

Off the top of my head. F-5, A-10A, heuy, MI-8 Viggen. MIG-21, MIG19, MIG15, F-86 and a couple of the WW2 birds I'd have to double check.

One other feature request for the PG map, I don't think the tanker Taccans work? Could that be fixed/added?

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

• 2 months later...

Update -

During the current situation world wide, we are opening more Blue Flag scenarios to allow everyone to enjoy the BF persistent campaign 24/7 with the scenario you want - Modern (Persian Gulf), 80s (Caucasus), WWII (Normandy) Cold War (Nevada), Korea (Caucasus)

Currently Blue Flag Normandy WWII has been started again and is running now 24/7 -

http://gadget.buddyspike.net/map/normandy

Blue Flag Nevada Cold War will be opened next, afterwards if time allows, Blue Flag Korea will be opened on Caucasus.

For information about the scenario and any questions, you are welcome to our Discord and website -

Discord - https://discord.gg/8VPX9wk

Website - https://www.buddyspike.net

There's a full SOP here - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tJpHmhKyP8xYuXPCFx6x9rRplhE7WqolghEyhChBCxU/edit

A new Wiki in the works - http://gadget.buddyspike.net:8085/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

You are welcome to join us on Discord for any question and assistance to get started.

Cu in the skies!

That's absolutely incredible!!! I was hoping for Blue Flag Cold War to return for many years as it has been absent for such a long time. The addition of Blue Flag Korea is the icing on the cake!

Thanks a lot @buddyspike, this is absolutly awesome news!

I can't stress this out enough how much I appreciate this move! :thumbup:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Any chance we get rid off spawning without fuel? Back in the day it was good, when the only fighters were F15s, but now you need to differentiate between FC3 and fullmodules...

getting real tired of starting my F14 up countless times a day :P

on this topic, why is there no Aim54 on the 80s scenario?

Any ETA for Blue Flag Nevada? :)

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 1 month later...
It's been on for a couple of days (weeks?) now, but it's pretty abandoned by players...

Yeah, I've been on there a couple of times since it went online, but it's no fun flying alone :(

It's really unfortunate, that there seems to be so little interest in a Cold War setting and the players who are interested are mostly flying on Alpenwolf's Cold War server.

Tornado3 small.jpg

Yeah, I've been on there a couple of times since it went online, but it's no fun flying alone :(

I think I'll be there more often. Blue only though.

The planeset is partly hilarious for a sixties setting with A-10 and Su-25 on it, but well...

It's really unfortunate, that there seems to be so little interest in a Cold War setting and the players who are interested are mostly flying on Alpenwolf's Cold War server.

Hmm... Alpenwolf's server is great, but after having flown on it for a few weeks now I really hope some players stay there and never take a look at Blue Flag :music_whistling: This constant "spawn-scramble-kill-get killed-respawn" cycle gets tiring easily. On that note, suggestion for Blue Flag: Decrease number of virtual lifes even further. People should be nugged to being more careful with their virtual lifes. People should 'feel' losing it, and it would make winning air superiority something that lasts longer than just five minutes.

On that note, suggestion for Blue Flag: Decrease number of virtual lifes even further. People should be nugged to being more careful with their virtual lifes. People should 'feel' losing it, and it would make winning air superiority something that lasts longer than just five minutes.

I absolutly agree! :thumbup:

Tornado3 small.jpg

When I put up a SAM site, how long does it persist in missions?

I think it persits for one additional round after the round you placed it. So it will be deleted at the second server restart after you placed it.

Tornado3 small.jpg

Can someome provide the various Dropbox-links to the TacView files for all the current Blue Flag servers?

I only have the links for Persian Gulf Modern and Caucasus 80s. I'm missing the links for Caucaus Modern, WW2 and Nevada.

Also, the Caucasus 80s Dropbox doesn't seem to get updated anymore, as the last TacView file there is 5 days old. :huh:

Tornado3 small.jpg

Do you guys know the TACAN for the Tankers in Persian Gulf? It is really frustrating having to land with missiles left due to no fuel left and not being able to find the tanker. Also all of them are named the same, really confusing.

i7 12700KF | MSI Z690 A-PRO | Corsair Vengeance 2x16 gb @ 3200 Mhz | RTX 3070 Ti FE | Acer XB271HU 1440P 144HZ | Virpil T-50 CM throttle | Virpil WarBRD Base + MongoosT-50 CM2 Grip | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | HP Reverb G2

Bf 109 K-4 | Fw 190 A-8 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | P-51D | Fw 190 D-9 | P-47D | Mosquito FB VI | F/A 18C | F-14 A/B | F-16C | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | M-2000C | A-10C | AJS-37 Viggen | UH-1H | Ka-50 | Mi-24P | C-101 | Flaming Cliffs 3

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | The Channel | Syria

The 80's is my preferred time for air combat so I'm on there often but unfortunately, the red players always outnumber the blue players and they kill AWACs right at the start. No AWACs spawns and anyone joining Blue is left without eyes because there arent enough of us to have a chance or a dedicated SRS controller.

Is there anyway to have the mission spawn another AWACs every, I dont know, 5 mins after one is downed?

I realize this should be a very realistic scenario, but we need to account for an unrealistic gamer thing: being completely outnumbered from the start and no friendly GCI. The reds are such high in numbers and almost always have a dedicated guy doing GCI for them.

Can someone provide the various Dropbox-links to the TacView files for all the current Blue Flag servers?

I only have the links for Persian Gulf Modern and Caucasus 80s. I'm missing the links for Caucaus Modern, WW2 and Nevada.

Also, the Caucasus 80s Dropbox doesn't seem to get updated anymore, as the last TacView file there is 5 days old. :huh:

Anyone? :(

Tornado3 small.jpg

Hey QuiGon,

Currently only PG has the Tacview saved.

Later on we will add the rest of the servers.

Stay tuned in the Discord updates

Hey xcom,

thanks for the reply!

Looking forward for Tacview support for the other servers :thumbup:

I'm not into discord unfortunately #reasons

Tornado3 small.jpg

Here are some updates for those who are not in our Discord -

We currently have these scenarios running -

Persian Gulf - Modern

Caucasus - Modern

Caucasus - 80s

Nevada - 60s (Cold War)

Normandy - WWII

Each scenario has it's own spectrum of activities, objectives and ongoing persistent dynamic PvP.

Here are some of the changes/features that have been going into the different scenarios -

New objective Repair mechanics - Objectives no longer have an automated repair, repairing requires a repair compound and can be eliminated at any time to stop the objectives from repairing.

Commander commands - Commander who are selected by voting can have additional options to command the on going scenario - setting coalition objectives, spawning awacs, tankers, cap, attackers, helos, reinforcements and more... Commanders can control the assets locations along with the newly carrier groups to allow great naval ops.

Persistent Naval Ops - With the new Super Carriers included in BF, we have added persistence of the carrier group locations between server restarts, so if the commanders have moved the carrier groups to any location, it will be there after the server restarts.

EWR markings - Only available in the Cold War and WWII scenarios, Early Warning identifications are presented as F10 map markings.

Reinforcement Balancing - In times when the scenario favors one coalition specifically, reinforcements are in place for every objective to allow balancing.

Statistics - The statistics pages in our gadget (http://gadget.buddyspike.net) have been updated, each scenario includes statistics for each round which is split by a monthly tour, you can see statistics for each coalition and more information including Logistics runners stats and Ace Factor stat which is calculated on every kill.

This is just the tip of the iceberg, you are welcome to join the scenarios and experience the live fights.

Cu in the skies!

Buddyspike

Thanks, I really appreciate the info update here! :thumbup:

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 3 months later...

PLEASE start enforcing SRS on the realistic Syria server! Having 5 Hornets on the team and NONE of them on 264 MHz is plain frustrating

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Please remove the view settings, Server.lua and SnapViews.lua from the mission file. Those override user settings and are quite annoying.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all