Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 9

gregzagk

I have a question that has nothing to do with the new mission mechanics (honestly not in a position to give proper feedback on that, as I'm kind of a a noob and also haven't played transport roles).

I've now learned that you can have a pretty good idea of what every player is doing, including enemies, just by looking at the "Choose Role" screen. This happens for all servers I've played so far and might be not possible to change, due to DCS's limitation. But I was wondering... Would it be possible to not show what airbase and aircraft each enemy player is using?

My DCS modding videos:

Modules I own so far:

Black Shark 2, FC3, UH-1H, M-2000C, A-10C, MiG-21, Gazelle, Nevada map

I have a question that has nothing to do with the new mission mechanics (honestly not in a position to give proper feedback on that, as I'm kind of a a noob and also haven't played transport roles).

I've now learned that you can have a pretty good idea of what every player is doing, including enemies, just by looking at the "Choose Role" screen. This happens for all servers I've played so far and might be not possible to change, due to DCS's limitation. But I was wondering... Would it be possible to not show what airbase and aircraft each enemy player is using?

In ten years maybe... You see, ED is neglecting MP environment development big time, or if they don't and I'm wrong it doesn't show in performance and usability anyway. But your thoughts are on track.

I think it could be possible by putting slots “on ground” instead on ramps and that way it shouldn’t say what airfield is it at,, but there is other side of coin aswell - you also wouldn’t know where will you spawn when you choose slot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it could be possible by putting slots “on ground” instead on ramps and that way it shouldn’t say what airfield is it at,, but there is other side of coin aswell - you also wouldn’t know where will you spawn when you choose slot.

Well, I currently don't know where my plane will spawn anyway... Does it matter?

My DCS modding videos:

Modules I own so far:

Can't the "took off from" and "landed at" messages be turned off, that will pretty much make it a guessing game, what the opponent will do

I don’t remember seeing those messages ever on blueflag.

This is kind of the same but a step further.. he is talking about.. for example - you join in and there are 3 blue A-10s slots taken at Vaziani.. so you will automatically asume they are going to strike east flank, if you are going to do CAP, it will be out of Mozdok or Beslan and you will probably be able to intercept them before they even reach their target - you won’t take fighter out of Anapa and patrol around Sochi..

Well, you can say that is just having intelligence(information).

This would be the case on a low populated server I guess, tho you can always start from Kutaisi and bamboozle him :lol:

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

Can't the "took off from" and "landed at" messages be turned off, that will pretty much make it a guessing game, what the opponent will do

We dont have those enabled on Blue Flag

Random start time trial

From the next restart - time will be randomly set at *every* restart

Start time can be any hour between 4am and 11pm

The briefing text should also be updated automatically to add the starting time so you can check for the server select screen (if the briefing loads)

It could be dark.... Be prepared to get out NVGs for those that can

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

More Dynamic time stuff

Month and time are now randomised - so you might get a different season and night

Look in the Mission Description / Briefing Text for:

Mission Start Time: 15:00 - Month: March for example

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Well, I currently don't know where my plane will spawn anyway... Does it matter?

Lol, I thought you meant we wouldn't know what spot on the airfield we would spawn, only now I realized we wouldn't know which airfield/FARP we would spawn at all!

My DCS modding videos:

Modules I own so far:

I know this is slightly off topic, but for those that can join this server, can you tell me what your rig setup is? I’ve been really frustrated since 2.5 went into beta as I can’t join any MP server due to the memory leak. Joining this server DCS uses 15 gig of memory and then crashes.

I don’t have a slouch of a rig by any stretch, but was curious what hardware seems to be the “winning” combination to get onto Blue Flag.

Appreciate any input, even if that’s a DM to me to avoid cluttering up the thread.

Specs:

Win7 pro

4770k oc’d a lot

16gig ddr3

SSD

780TI oc’d a lot

Running hotfix 4

Thx

TJ

Appreciate any input, even if that’s a DM to me to avoid cluttering up the thread.

A method that works for a lot of people is loading the mission in Single Player first.

Ask the server admin for a copy of the mission, then open the mission up in the Mission Editor from the DCS main menu.

Launch the mission and wait for it to load up (may a few mins), then exit back to the main menu without quitting DCS and join the server from the Multiplayer Lobby.

Good luck!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

An i5 3570k @4.4, GTX560Ti, 12Gb of RAM @1333Mhz and DCS on an SSD lets me join any of these servers. I don't even have to load up the mission prior anymore.

Have you deleted those folders that people keep talking about ?

What I do is, load the mission editor once, let it load the whole map.

Go to MP, join a server, don't touch anything, get a book if you have to. Let it spit you out to the main menu and join again and voila

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

I know this is slightly off topic, but for those that can join this server, can you tell me what your rig setup is? I’ve been really frustrated since 2.5 went into beta as I can’t join any MP server due to the memory leak. Joining this server DCS uses 15 gig of memory and then crashes.

I don’t have a slouch of a rig by any stretch, but was curious what hardware seems to be the “winning” combination to get onto Blue Flag.

Specs:

Win7 pro

4770k oc’d a lot

16gig ddr3

SSD

780TI oc’d a lot

Running hotfix 4

Thx

TJ

I have a system similar to yours, but a bit inferior (see my signature), and I have an HD drive (argh!!) instead of an SSD, and I have Win10 instead of Win7.

My DCS never conects to servers like Blue Flag or 104th Phoenix on 1st attempt. First attempt is always a crash or a return to DCS initial screen. Then on second attempt it usually connects, but not always.

My DCS modding videos:

Modules I own so far:

Seems Nalchik was stuck on about 48% (or so) for us until the server restarted then it was closed after server restart. We assume the same is happening for Min Vody right now, it's at 41% and we can't find any more targets..

Edit: Server restarted and Vody is now at 0% health.

Edited by StandingCow

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

Server is flooded by blues these days. Even blue side gets bored and just go for random a-g.

I'd like to suggest to switch Mirage to red side (and add F-5 with aggressor skins).

These two aircraft will possibly encourage the use of SRS, which red side always lacked

| A-10C | MiG-21bis | Hawk T1.A | L-39 Albatros | F-5E | Ka-50 | Mi-8 | NTTR | CA | SU27 | M2000C | F-86F | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Mig 15 | Mig 19|

Specs

Intel i7-9700k

msi GTX 2060 Gaming Z

msi Z390 Gaming PLUS

16gb RAM

Hotas Warthog

Server is flooded by blues these days. Even blue side gets bored and just go for random a-g.

I'd like to suggest to switch Mirage to red side (and add F-5 with aggressor skins).

These two aircraft will possibly encourage the use of SRS, which red side always lacked

Already switched, but numbers aren't increased so much.

IndiaFoxtEcho Textures Artist

My DCS liveries on UserFiles page here

Seriously need to cut back the number of night missions. Especially back to back night missions.

ED brings out a visually spectacular map and you hobble it with missions where all you see looking out the window is black.

Flying at night is more than just black in real life...in DCS it's just boring..

Edited by Sierra99

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Hey guys has anyone ever thought of making the rule so that you announce takeoffs and landings on the actual tower frequency, which is different for each airfield, found on the F10 map?

I just find it'd be more realistic we tuned into XXX.XXX freq for one airfield and YYY.YYY freq for a different one, instead of one frequency for all airfields in the Caucasus region which is a bit unrealistic imo

Hey guys has anyone ever thought of making the rule so that you announce takeoffs and landings on the actual tower frequency, which is different for each airfield, found on the F10 map?

I just find it'd be more realistic we tuned into XXX.XXX freq for one airfield and YYY.YYY freq for a different one, instead of one frequency for all airfields in the Caucasus region which is a bit unrealistic imo

Love this idea, but it'll never happen. It's obviously for safety in real life, but in sim world "ain't no body got time fo dat". I've been a Harrier pilot of late and I land any, and everywhere.

Also, it unenforceable. I fly in real life and we even have trouble get THOSE pilots to use the radio sometimes.

Head on swivel, Men!

(and ladies, just haven't heard any yet. Not saying they don't exist, either.)