Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 9

gregzagk

Thanks a lot Ciri! Its great to have a low-ish tech Blue Flag going.

We spent a bit of time trying to attack Creech and like you said, it is very very difficult to do any damage. Basically, without any guided weapons, with the Shilkas and the Strelas (and I guess the same will apply for red), there is almost no reasonable way to get rid of the AAA and SAM, besides using Mortar troops.

Suggestion from my side:

1. Replace all Shilkas with ZSU-23-2.

2. Replace IR SAMs at airbases with SA-3 (maybe, or decrease the amount of IR SAMs by a lot and add more harmless targets to make up.

3. Viggen!

4. Limited guided munitions on A10 / SU25

5. See 3.

I think it's awesome!

A GCI-slot or two would be nice to have though.

Glad you like it :)

GCI Slot is in

Bombers are fixed

Defence Units Tweaked

Fixed L39 Radio Frequencies

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Have to say - love the setup :thumbup:

It's really so needed fresh air. Hope there are plans to run a complete round with it.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

This aircraft setup is what I've wanted for literally 2 years now.... but not on Nevada.

God damn it.

same here! :(

I am sure, that u did pretty good work Ciribob as u did allways. I am only up, by the fact, that they really made it that far, that i have to buy Nevada now to take part. All they needed to do is "update" it to scrap...

Edited by BIGNEWY

:poster_spam:

same here! :(

I am sure, that u did pretty good work Ciribob as u did allways. I am only ****ed up, by the fact, that they really made it that far, that i have to buy Nevada now to take part. All they needed to do is "update" it to scrap...

..and I suddenly have a valid reason to spend money on Mi-8 :D

I hope I see AJS37 there as well.

Skickat från min GT-S7275R via Tapatalk

Intel i7-7700K @ 5.1GHz, Gigabyte Z170XP SLI

32 GB Corsair Vengeance @ 2666 Mhz (Stock 2400 Mhz), Gigabyte GTX 1080 Windfoce OC , PSU 650W Seasonic

EK Watercooling (Open loop)

Windows 10 Pro x64

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog + MFG Crosswind + Thrustmaster MFD

This aircraft setup is what I've wanted for literally 2 years now.... but not on Nevada.

God damn it.

How exactly is the new aircraft setup made up?

I don't have the Open Alpha, so I can't try it out.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

How exactly is the new aircraft setup made up?

I don't have the Open Alpha, so I can't try it out.

Haven't made dedicated post yet so details here:

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Blue

• F5
  • A10a
  • Hawk - recon + fuel
  • UH1

Red

• Mig21
  • Su25a
  • L39 - recon + fuel
  • Mi8

Damn, really??

That's exactly what I was waiting or all the time and now it's here and I can't play it :(

I hope this setting will find it's way to the Stable Release branch at some point (merge, where are you?).

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Having to invest in Nevada to fly in BF is for sure something that not all will appreciate but IMO it's great to at have at least just for a sake of change a single round there. Already since some time flying Caucasus feels like beating the horse to death as we had been flying it constantly for a number of years.

...I hope to see M2k as well

Please don't add any modern fighters. This will ruin the setup. I hope that BF team will be hard on maintaining current concept.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

I don't think anyone has to buy anything to fly Blue Flag (mostly). Presumably at some point the Caucases version will be stable enough to run and the modern era will be back.

Can anyone give some advice as to how to attack an airfield covered by 4-6 Shilka + ±4 Strela using only dumb weapons? So far the best way for me to get rounds on target without dying is firing volleys of rockets (76 rockets) from the F5-E but they are ineffectual against moderately armored vehicles like we have here. Do I have to learn to bomb accurately from above 10000ft in the A10A (or Su25)?

Maybe instead of shilka you should switch to zu23 open aa? It makes more sense during that time frame and is easier to kill.

I would argue for something similar, but maybe something more like the targets on the Normandy BF where there is something substantial (in size) to aim for like bunkers, groups of trucks, roadblocks and AA positions with ammo trucks.

No A-10C? WTF....

My Rig: Windows 11 Pro, Intel i7-13700k@5.4GHz, 64GB DDR5 5200 RAM, Gigabyte Z790 AORUS Elite AX, 1TB Samsung EVO 970, RTX4080, Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG + Saitek Pro Flight Pedals, LG 32" 4K 60FPS, ACER 30" 4K 60FPS GSync Display, HP Reverb G2 V2

The A10C is far too new for this time period isn't it? Didn't the C come out like 10 years ago?

Yea, maybe. But only flying non clickable aircrafts is like driving a nerfed Ferrari... :cry:

I know. F-5 and Mig21 as well are clickable but nothing for CAS junkies like me :huh:

My Rig: Windows 11 Pro, Intel i7-13700k@5.4GHz, 64GB DDR5 5200 RAM, Gigabyte Z790 AORUS Elite AX, 1TB Samsung EVO 970, RTX4080, Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG + Saitek Pro Flight Pedals, LG 32" 4K 60FPS, ACER 30" 4K 60FPS GSync Display, HP Reverb G2 V2

Works great except this weird long lag for about 10 seconds.. happened few times every 20 min or so (maybe someone can correct me).. first I didn't give it much notice because it was in level flight but later I lost Mig I was sneaking up to in F5 and next round allmost hit ground when it happened while strikeing in A10.. Then I realised its not so irrelevant.. if it happened while taxing behind someone/takeing off/landing.. could be deadly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk