Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 9

gregzagk

Just read my post. Yeah, it sounds like I'd act the part and kinda come off too. No harm was meant by that. Guess I just can't have it with more requests for planes being on both sides. I only mentioned the Hind, the F-4, the possible MiG-23 to only illustrate how the server should be like in the future every time a module arrives.

I agree on having the ER's back while giving Blue the Mirgae.

The reasons for imbalance as you have mentioned I can only underline.

I think F/A-18 on Blue, Harrier and F-14A on Red. Leave the F-14B out for the moment.

Capabilities are definitely an issue in balancing, but more often than not, it's mostly the number of people active at any given time that makes the bigger difference. 3 MiG-21s and a GCI will be killing 2 F-15s who aren't well coordinated much of the time.

I think the goal should be separation of airframes so each side is unique, but split up the new options between the two sides so that we don't have a 40 blue vs 5 red situation. With the new arrivals in the coming year, keeping it East vs. West just doesn't seem reasonable in my mind. Or else, I'm going to be flying exclusively blue for quite some time...

So with the Su-33 Update can that become the majority of the Red fighter slots instead of the Su27?
I'd still like to see both. The 33 doesn't carry near as much fuel if I remember right. I think it's also less counter measures. Maybe split the numbers? Just cut the current number of Flanker in half?

I'd still like to see both. The 33 doesn't carry near as much fuel if I remember right. I think it's also less counter measures. Maybe split the numbers? Just cut the current number of Flanker in half?

Su-33 has more armament, more fuel, better engine now, canards...

*Edit* Don't get me wrong the Su-27 should still be on the server, but I'm pretty sure it will be antiquated by comparison.

Edited by Hollywood126

Pretty sure it doesn't carry more. I thought 9 tons and it's 1000lbs heavier, but I guess I could be wrong. I'd wait to see what the 33 is like with the knew pfm too before we make a decision to scrap the Flanker.

Pretty sure it doesn't carry more. I thought 9 tons and it's 1000lbs heavier, but I guess I could be wrong. I'd wait to see what the 33 is like with the knew pfm too before we make a decision to scrap the Flanker.

I mean even with it's current flight model being a basic one, I still find myself flying it often just on sheer looks, I think it's much cooler than the standard 27, and the extra missiles are nice :megalol:

I mean even with it's current flight model being a basic one, I still find myself flying it often just on sheer looks, I think it's much cooler than the standard 27, and the extra missiles are nice :megalol:
I stand corrected on my fuel assumption. It carries 100kg more than the Flanker. It just weighs more. Not sure if the added weight included weapons though.

I agree that it's a cool plane. I just want to see how it performs. I've stayed away from it mostly because of it's simple flight model at this point. I think that will change when the new one releases.

I stand corrected on my fuel assumption. It carries 100kg more than the Flanker. It just weighs more. Not sure if the added weight included weapons though.

I agree that it's a cool plane. I just want to see how it performs. I've stayed away from it mostly because of it's simple flight model at this point. I think that will change when the new one releases.

Get ready to see red in all su33s soon :-). And then red die in su33s soon haha

The Su-33 can take on two more missiles. Ok, cool. The engine has an emergency mode used for take-off. It doesn't have that much more thrust compared to the Su-27.

The Canards are great for slow-speed control, mainly intended, AFAIK, to help with landings, but useful elsewhere.

And it has a lot more weight for accommodating beefier landing gear, the wing folding mechanism, arrestor hook etc. So all this ends up with more weight that the engines will not make up for.

Still think the Su-27 will be antiquated? :)

*Edit* Don't get me wrong the Su-27 should still be on the server, but I'm pretty sure it will be antiquated by comparison.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

The Su-33 can take on two more missiles. Ok, cool. The engine has an emergency mode used for take-off. It doesn't have that much more thrust compared to the Su-27.

The Canards are great for slow-speed control, mainly intended, AFAIK, to help with landings, but useful elsewhere.

And it has a lot more weight for accommodating beefier landing gear, the wing folding mechanism, arrestor hook etc. So all this ends up with more weight that the engines will not make up for.

Still think the Su-27 will be antiquated? :)

The plane is also literally older than the Su-33, so yes, by definition, antiquated.

It would be more helpful for the makers of Blue Flag if you would report bugs instead of discussing balance for the millionth time.

How does discussing the 27/33 TW ratio help in any way?

EDIT: Server is down

Edited by levanoga

I think F/A-18 on Blue, Harrier and F-14A on Red. Leave the F-14B out for the moment.

Capabilities are definitely an issue in balancing, but more often than not, it's mostly the number of people active at any given time that makes the bigger difference. 3 MiG-21s and a GCI will be killing 2 F-15s who aren't well coordinated much of the time.

I think the goal should be separation of airframes so each side is unique, but split up the new options between the two sides so that we don't have a 40 blue vs 5 red situation. With the new arrivals in the coming year, keeping it East vs. West just doesn't seem reasonable in my mind. Or else, I'm going to be flying exclusively blue for quite some time...

I never said we should separate aircrafts to obtain balance. I'm into realism first and just as it's weird to see the Red side having the F-15 it is no less inaccurate to receive the F-18 or the Harrier etc. As to balance, well... we've been discussing that for ages and I don't think we'll be able to do much about it. I kinda learned to live with the fact being many times excessively outnumbered flying Red. Was only asking for optimisation as in terms of adding the ER's and/or DL. I prefer the ER's though.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

I can't find a DL link on BF for downloading the gadget app again. Any link available ?

Thank you ;)

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

The plane is also literally older than the Su-33, so yes, by definition, antiquated.

THE BLUE FLAG THREAD HAS DECLARED: Your opinion is incorrect.

THE BLUE FLAG THREAD HAS SPOKEN!

OMG!!! You guys crack me up.

TJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Server is down again. It's crashing periodicly.....

Don't know why. But its no joy to fly there...

My Rig: Windows 11 Pro, Intel i7-13700k@5.4GHz, 64GB DDR5 5200 RAM, Gigabyte Z790 AORUS Elite AX, 1TB Samsung EVO 970, RTX4080, Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG + Saitek Pro Flight Pedals, LG 32" 4K 60FPS, ACER 30" 4K 60FPS GSync Display, HP Reverb G2 V2

I can't tell if it's a bug yet, but in the huey, i'm getting this "heartbeat" like frame stutter on the server. I'm waiting on more players to confirm this. It happens, then 15 secs later (according to the cockpit clock) it happens again, then a minute or so will go by and then "hit," then 15 secs, and another "hit".

The other pilot with me said it was happening to him in the huey and MI-8, but not the a-10, or M2k

Edited by Thrud

I can't tell if it's a bug yet, but in the huey, i'm getting this "heartbeat" like frame stutter on the server. I'm waiting on more players to confirm this. It happens, then 15 secs later (according to the cockpit clock) it happens again, then a minute or so will go by and then "hit," then 15 secs, and another "hit".

The other pilot with me said it was happening to him in the huey, but not the a-10

Same happens on the MI-8 impossible to play transport.

#I've been dreaming about an unlicensed version of the MIG-31...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]