Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 9

gregzagk

Blue Mirage won't refuel or rearm at Gudauta...

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Does the Gadget no longer show what's on SRS?

It should, we will look into it.

I am so glad that BF is back. But why there is no AIM9P5 for F5E?? Can any admin add AIM9P5 for F5E. thank you.

Will be added.

Hi Guys,

How do you handle navigation currently in blue flag ? Do you create flight plans (obviously for the AC which allows you to do it) or just by f10 map ?

I am planning to join probably with the Mirage, but I can do a10, ka50 or huey as well.

I do have some sorties in blue flag in the past but I might need someone to involve me into it again.

Thanks

You are welcome to our Teamspeak -

IP - 89.163.173.82:1337

Password - RayGun

I'm sure you can find people to fly with either there or through the simple radio which is in our website - http://gadget.buddyspike.net/

Had a Massive (20sec) stutter when someone joined a Viggen (more then usual when someone grabs one). And see constant warping and stuttering of planes around me. The same stuff you see when a server has been running for hours with 60 people. Not with 12.

SimpleRadio is broken. Red & Blue can hear each other again, just tested it with a few different players.

Not broken.... Just a setting I didnt turn off from testing :)

You wont be able to hear either side any more. Takes immediate effect

Thanks for reporting

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

So patch didn't improve warping/stuttering? Not a little bit?

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

WARNING: Starting SRS AFTER DCS will CRASH your game. Don't start SRS while your flying.

I joined the Mirage fest today and here is what I experienced.

1. Lag is still here. So many missiles missed due to lag. I had 3 M2000s on me and I think I drained all their missiles.

2. Helicopters seem to have stutters when flying them.

3. Imbalance. Everyone wants to be a reaper and steam roll the map. Can we just make a player vs environment for these types. Was 2 vs 12 and guys were typing BLUE in chat. We saw this same thing at one time with RVE until they started going red and splitting. Need incentive to join red.

4. M2000 fest is still here. When red did get some numbers there were only 2 su27s, 1 F15 and about 14 m2000s. Not sure how ya fix this other giving su27s ERs . Would then give red a small advantage but not a bad thing with number imbalance. This setup works pretty good on Bison in 104th. I suggest either DL or ERs but not both. Or take m2000 out completly(think of mission units it would save). Giving red the m2000 is not helping getting blue to go red. Its only making more su27 pilots fly the m2000 for the 530.

5. Viggens had some loadout issues. Will need to talk to viggen guys about that.

3. Imbalance. Everyone wants to be a reaper and steam roll the map. Can we just make a player vs environment for these types. Was 2 vs 12 and guys were typing BLUE in chat. We saw this same thing at one time with RVE until they started going red and splitting. Need incentive to join red.

full.png

Yeah, look at that massive imbalance

c6b7ff0c40d70ae36544422fe69c9952.png

My helicopter with troops got splashed twice during the push. And raptor's A-10 at least 3 times. There was plenty of red resistance during the roll. Don't blame reapers for your lagfest.

I think the issue smokey is talking about is more people jumping on the steam roller while its in motion. When there is a 3x1 or 4x1 or even 5x1 on the server actively playing, on red or blue, people have a tendency of joining the side with the much higher numbers. This is something that was happening when RvE was more active on Blue Flag. There would be 30 people on blue and 5 people on red and every new person that would join during that restart while the number were like that would go blue.

I really don't think there is a way to fix it, but I think that is more of what smokey was referring to.

4. M2000 fest is still here. When red did get some numbers there were only 2 su27s, 1 F15 and about 14 m2000s. Not sure how ya fix this

...develop other fully simulated aircraft ;)

Edit: ...and by the way: you will never ever see me in an aircraft which is not simulated to that extend like the Mirage is. I guess a lot of other pilots thinking the same way. So you will simply lose that pilots from Blueflag when eliminating the M2k, but they will not join red when you eliminated the M2k.

Edited by -Painter-

Regards

REAPER 31 | Painter

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I can see players on the gadget. I can also see quite a few clients on SRS. But I don't see anything on the server browser. typing IP 92.205.184.66:10308 (from the bottom of the gadget) returns, "server offline".

Are you running today's update?

Edited by CrashO

I think the issue smokey is talking about is more people jumping on the steam roller while its in motion. When there is a 3x1 or 4x1 or even 5x1 on the server actively playing, on red or blue, people have a tendency of joining the side with the much higher numbers. This is something that was happening when RvE was more active on Blue Flag. There would be 30 people on blue and 5 people on red and every new person that would join during that restart while the number were like that would go blue.

I really don't think there is a way to fix it, but I think that is more of what smokey was referring to.

Ill never understand this. Are they afraid they may have to shoot something down? Its fun, trust me. Where's the fun in having no opposition, flying trail behind everyone else..

In a selfish way I'm genuinely happiest when my side is outnumbered. Regardless of side. Sure, we may lose the map. But at least its fun.

Edited by ///Rage

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

You can launch the updater manually and a lot of times that is what needs to be done.

Open a command prompt in the bin directory of DCS by opening a Windows explorer window and navigating to the DCS root directory and finally by holding shift and right clicking the bin folder. Select the option for open command prompt or power shell. If you open power shell you will need to first type CMD in the new power shell window to change to command prompt mode. Once done, type

dcs_updater.exe update

This will start the updater and update DCS for you.

...develop other fully simulated aircraft ;)

Edit: ...and by the way: you will never ever see me in an aircraft which is not simulated to that extend like the Mirage is. I guess a lot of other pilots thinking the same way. So you will simply lose that pilots from Blueflag when eliminating the M2k, but they will not join red when you eliminated the M2k.

Being simulated has nothing to do with it. The mig21 and F5 are simulated but you dont see them them in high numbers. Its the advantage it has over its counter parts. If you ever fly 104th you see the same thing depending on mission. Numbers go to the side with advantage. If there is AMRAAMs, everyone goes F15. You see few M2000s. When red gets DL and ERs, everyone goes red. Your kidding yourself if you think the M2000s is that much different than a FC3 aircraft in blueflag. Until you have to use all the navigation there isnt that much different. Still takes two three buttons to work radar and missiles. You don't need to use ins/tacan/adf or ils. Maybe clicking buttons with your mouse gets ya off.

@Crasho, registered means nothing. A guy that comes in and types blue/red and leaves for good is registered. Monitor the server for 8 hours and you will see that blue has 2:1 mostly. There is a small period where red gets numbers but only last for one rotation.

@Moltar, I was saying and trying to get at is there is no incentive to go red. Right now its go red and get steamrolled. If the community inst going to balance the numbers.

Maybe the mission should give something more to red.( ERs or DL.) Right now red can not compete with 4 ships of M2000s. They will get slaughtered. Until they can match them with a 4 ship of M2000s they will always die. Due to numbers they cant. The su27s are a joke vs M2000 as you know. The 27R only adds to payload. The 73 can barely hit the M2000s. This also leads to the M2000 fest. I enjoy fling the Mirage but it outclasses the fc3 fighters in this setup. I liked the balance the way it was before the M2000 was introduced. You seen more of a Red vs Blue setup. Now its fly Mirage or die! The hard core Mirage guys know this. You dont see them flying their Mirages on other servers. They come here where they have all the advantage. Until I see them flying su27s and mig29s they will not understand. The mirage guys were upset when DL was introduced. They knew they were losing the big advantage they have. The guys that do fly both know the issues the Russian planes are facing. They have no BVR capabilities and the fact the 73s can barley track a m2000 kills thier WVR capability. The F15s are a much better match for them in the current setup. None of this would matter if we seen 2:1 in favor of red. We do not though.

This is coming from a guy that plays on both sides. Its hard for me to go blue atm because I will just be adding to the problem. I also want to fight against players but not a hoard of them.

You can launch the updater manually and a lot of times that is what needs to be done.

Open a command prompt in the bin directory of DCS by opening a Windows explorer window and navigating to the DCS root directory and finally by holding shift and right clicking the bin folder. Select the option for open command prompt or power shell. If you open power shell you will need to first type CMD in the new power shell window to change to command prompt mode. Once done, type

dcs_updater.exe update

This will start the updater and update DCS for you.

Thanks. I was attempting with the manual updater without success. I then closed the Oculus app and it finally worked. Like most things PC, I have no idea why.

Being simulated has nothing to do with it. The mig21 and F5 are simulated but you dont see them them in high numbers. Its the advantage it has over its counter parts. If you ever fly 104th you see the same thing depending on mission. Numbers go to the side with advantage. If there is AMRAAMs, everyone goes F15. You see few M2000s. When red gets DL and ERs, everyone goes red. Your kidding yourself if you think the M2000s is that much different than a FC3 aircraft in blueflag. Until you have to use all the navigation there isnt that much different. Still takes two three buttons to work radar and missiles. You don't need to use ins/tacan/adf or ils. Maybe clicking buttons with your mouse gets ya off.

@Crasho, registered means nothing. A guy that comes in and types blue/red and leaves for good is registered. Monitor the server for 8 hours and you will see that blue has 2:1 mostly. There is a small period where red gets numbers but only last for one rotation.

@Moltar, I was saying and trying to get at is there is no incentive to go red. Right now its go red and get steamrolled. If the community inst going to balance the numbers.

Maybe the mission should give something more to red.( ERs or DL.) Right now red can not compete with 4 ships of M2000s. They will get slaughtered. Until they can match them with a 4 ship of M2000s they will always die. Due to numbers they cant. The su27s are a joke vs M2000 as you know. The 27R only adds to payload. The 73 can barely hit the M2000s. This also leads to the M2000 fest. I enjoy fling the Mirage but it outclasses the fc3 fighters in this setup. I liked the balance the way it was before the M2000 was introduced. You seen more of a Red vs Blue setup. Now its fly Mirage or die! The hard core Mirage guys know this. You dont see them flying their Mirages on other servers. They come here where they have all the advantage. Until I see them flying su27s and mig29s they will not understand. The mirage guys were upset when DL was introduced. They knew they were losing the big advantage they have. The guys that do fly both know the issues the Russian planes are facing. They have no BVR capabilities and the fact the 73s can barley track a m2000 kills thier WVR capability. The F15s are a much better match for them in the current setup. None of this would matter if we seen 2:1 in favor of red. We do not though.

This is coming from a guy that plays on both sides. Its hard for me to go blue atm because I will just be adding to the problem. I also want to fight against players but not a hoard of them.

I wholehartedly agree with every words you wrote

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

I'd like to see what would happen if the mirage was moved to blue and the Flanker given the ER with no data link since it seemed like the admins were saying data link was causing lag.
Personally, I prefer DL over ER.

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze