Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 9

gregzagk

Sorry Daniel, still no for now. ED are working on it - I posted a link to it before but it's not an easy task (splitting the work over threads from an existing codebase)

Some Stats for you, if you're interested:

Total Units: 2795

Total AI Units:

Paratrooper AKS-74: 8

UAZ-469: 21

FARP: 21

SKP-11: 21

Ural-375 PBU: 21

SA-11 Buk CC 9S470M1: 36

A-10A: 1

TF-51D: 1

SA342Mistral: 1

M6 Linebacker: 50

Su-25T: 1

SA342L: 1

houseA_arm: 28

M978 HEMTT Tanker: 33

Ka-50: 1

M-2000C: 1

F-15C: 1

snr s-125 tr: 20

TV tower: 43

M 818: 96

F-5E-3: 1

MiG-29A: 1

HEMTT TFFT: 12

Kub 1S91 str: 6

outpost_road: 12

Vulcan: 100

Soldier M4: 8

Tu-22M3: 1

Su-33: 1

p-19 s-125 sr: 20

Bunker: 225

Su-25: 1

Strela-10M3: 49

B-1B: 1

Windsock: 1

Kub 2P25 ln: 12

ATMZ-5: 21

MiG-21Bis: 1

5p73 s-125 ln: 40

Mi-8MT: 1

M1097 Avenger: 50

house2arm: 22

ZSU-23-4 Shilka: 99

house1arm: 222

A-10C: 1

Osa 9A33 ln: 2

Su-27: 1

Ural-375 ZU-23: 1

Strela-1 9P31: 50

SA-11 Buk SR 9S18M1: 36

SA342M: 1

Ural-4320 APA-5D: 21

Sandbox: 78

1L13 EWR: 36

AJS37: 1

SA-11 Buk LN 9A310M1: 108

UH-1H: 1

Hummer: 54

Total Slots: 1091

Su-25T: 105

Su-25: 14

A-10A: 26

TF-51D: 28

SA342L: 35

M-2000C: 72

A-10C: 59

Su-27: 40

Su-33: 6

F-15C: 46

SA342Mistral: 61

SA342M: 98

Ka-50: 128

F-5E-3: 35

Mi-8MT: 64

AJS37: 90

MiG-29A: 24

UH-1H: 127

MiG-21Bis: 33

Total Capturable Assets: 52

Edited by Ciribob

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Sorry Daniel, still no for now. ED are working on it - I posted a link to it before but it's not an easy task (splitting the work over threads from an existing codebase)

Some Stats for you, if you're interested:

Total Units: 2795

Total AI Units:

Paratrooper AKS-74: 8

UAZ-469: 21

FARP: 21

SKP-11: 21

Ural-375 PBU: 21

SA-11 Buk CC 9S470M1: 36

A-10A: 1

TF-51D: 1

SA342Mistral: 1

M6 Linebacker: 50

Su-25T: 1

SA342L: 1

houseA_arm: 28

M978 HEMTT Tanker: 33

Ka-50: 1

M-2000C: 1

F-15C: 1

snr s-125 tr: 20

TV tower: 43

M 818: 96

F-5E-3: 1

MiG-29A: 1

HEMTT TFFT: 12

Kub 1S91 str: 6

outpost_road: 12

Vulcan: 100

Soldier M4: 8

Tu-22M3: 1

Su-33: 1

p-19 s-125 sr: 20

Bunker: 225

Su-25: 1

Strela-10M3: 49

B-1B: 1

Windsock: 1

Kub 2P25 ln: 12

ATMZ-5: 21

MiG-21Bis: 1

5p73 s-125 ln: 40

Mi-8MT: 1

M1097 Avenger: 50

house2arm: 22

ZSU-23-4 Shilka: 99

house1arm: 222

A-10C: 1

Osa 9A33 ln: 2

Su-27: 1

Ural-375 ZU-23: 1

Strela-1 9P31: 50

SA-11 Buk SR 9S18M1: 36

SA342M: 1

Ural-4320 APA-5D: 21

Sandbox: 78

1L13 EWR: 36

AJS37: 1

SA-11 Buk LN 9A310M1: 108

UH-1H: 1

Hummer: 54

Total Slots: 1091

Su-25T: 105

Su-25: 14

A-10A: 26

TF-51D: 28

SA342L: 35

M-2000C: 72

A-10C: 59

Su-27: 40

Su-33: 6

F-15C: 46

SA342Mistral: 61

SA342M: 98

Ka-50: 128

F-5E-3: 35

Mi-8MT: 64

AJS37: 90

MiG-29A: 24

UH-1H: 127

MiG-21Bis: 33

Total Capturable Assets: 52

Judging by those stats were you able to get the aircraft added to the server as one offs to see if it decreases lag? Looks like you did based on what units are on the server. I believe I see one of each of the aircraft.

If you did add them are they off of the airfields?

Sorry if I missed a post where you explained this.

Thank you for the updates, Ciribob.

I notice that Red can still sortie 4 troops ships from any place that has choppers and Blue only 2 (now 3, since update). Are there plans to make the amounts equal?

**You answered my question with a "no" ** n/m

Edited by Thrud

Judging by those stats were you able to get the aircraft added to the server as one offs to see if it decreases lag? Looks like you did based on what units are on the server. I believe I see one of each of the aircraft.

If you did add them are they off of the airfields?

Sorry if I missed a post where you explained this.

Yup definitely seemed to help. Was on when bombers where spawned earlier, no pause now.

I spawn all the units that exist on the map, then despawn them. For aircraft and choppers, they spawn in the top left of the map as AI and are removed after 5 seconds once they've all loaded.

There will always be slight judders when spawning but should be massively reduced now for nearly every kind of unit

Edit: Ambrolauri farp had bugged spawns, should be fix at next restart (nowish)

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Yup definitely seemed to help. Was on when bombers where spawned earlier, no pause now.

I spawn all the units that exist on the map, then despawn them. For aircraft and choppers, they spawn in the top left of the map as AI and are removed after 5 seconds once they've all loaded.

There will always be slight judders when spawning but should be massively reduced now for nearly every kind of unit

Edit: Ambrolauri farp had bugged spawns, should be fix at next restart (nowish)

So the server just needs the vehicle loaded only once? I was under the impression it had to be on the server at all times.

Guess I was mistaken.

Once map is totally finalised, we'll probably add the weather rotation we had before.

Including night missions? I miss the darkness! :)

Thanks for all you do. I'm looking forward to spend a few hours on the server this week.

TJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys I just noticed the troops in the farps (which I think are a great idea) sometimes spawn on forests and can be really hard to find... what do you think about it?

Find a mod where it changes troops camo to desert. Same goes for vehicles.

Hey guys I just noticed the troops in the farps (which I think are a great idea) sometimes spawn on forests and can be really hard to find... what do you think about it?

Can you let me know which places you've seen it happen at?

I'll double check but they should always spawn at the "center" of the base (where the marker puts it on the online map) but I think I added a radius around that spawn. Either way if you let me know, i'll move the center to ensure they dont spawn in trees.

Thanks for the report! :)

Can you let me know which places you've seen it happen at?

I'll double check but they should always spawn at the "center" of the base (where the marker puts it on the online map) but I think I added a radius around that spawn. Either way if you let me know, i'll move the center to ensure they dont spawn in trees.

Thanks for the report! :)

Playing on Red lastnight I seen our troops (red) spawned from Urup on the back side of hill in a heavy green area. I thought man, blue is going go have a heck of time finding these troops in the future.

ANfkHX9h.png

To use the Oni FARP as an example, They seem to spawn in amongst the buildings, which I have no problem with, but do we know that they don't spawn IN the buildings?

Playing on Red lastnight I seen our troops (red) spawned from Urup on the back side of hill in a heavy green area. I thought man, blue is going go have a heck of time finding these troops in the future.

ANfkHX9h.png

Thanks! Thats very helpful. Will change the logic so they always spawn at the center of the zone, and i'll make sure that the center of all the zones is in an open area. Does make them slightly easier to find but it's better than losing them in the trees / buildings/

Are the persistent sams now turned off?

They shouldn't be.... I'll double check. They will be removed over time now, as will JTAC and Stingers / Iglas.

Times are below in minutes:

JTAC - 380

Ammo Truck - 220

IGLA / Stinger - 220

Kub - 180

EWR - 380

Units are only removed at the start of a 3 hour round so if a unit is set to live for 4 hours, it'll be present in two 3 hour rounds and removed in the 3rd round (so after 9 hours max)

Edited by Ciribob

Thanks! Thats very helpful. Will change the logic so they always spawn at the center of the zone, and i'll make sure that the center of all the zones is in an open area. Does make them slightly easier to find but it's better than losing them in the trees / buildings/

They shouldn't be.... I'll double check. They will be removed over time now, as will JTAC and Stingers / Iglas.

Times are below in minutes:

JTAC - 380

Ammo Truck - 220

IGLA / Stinger - 220

Kub - 180

EWR - 380

Units are only removed at the start of a 3 hour round so if a unit is set to live for 4 hours, it'll be present in two 3 hour rounds and removed in the 3rd round (so after 9 hours max)

If we set a KUB at 20 mins into round 1, it will stay until the end of round 2, right?

What if halfway before the end of round 2 we repair it? Will that reset its spawn timer?

TJ

If we set a KUB at 20 mins into round 1, it will stay until the end of round 2, right?

What if halfway before the end of round 2 we repair it? Will that reset its spawn timer?

TJ

Correct on both. Repair will reset timer :)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Originally Posted by Ciribob --- I spawn all the units that exist on the map, then despawn them. For aircraft and choppers, they spawn in the top left of the map as AI and are removed after 5 seconds once they've all loaded.

Loaded for whom? Is it possible to not despawn them and leave them on the map always?

If player joins the server at the end of 2nd hour, i'd expect that when he joins, he'll get all AC models loaded to him. If they've despawned 5 secs into the mission, you haven't helped.

Edited by Thrud