Laughing to the point my head hurts.

I especially like the comments.

Agent Bill Wilson3 years ago

BE ADVISED, AM ADVISING YOU TO BE ADVISED OVER AVDIDSED. WILL ADVISE, OVAR

Generic Medic5 years ago

BE ADVISED, I HAVE BEEN ADVISED, OVER.

BAMFreeman5 years ago

I am now advised

It makes me happy hearing people jump on 126/264 and ask questions like "how do I align my INS?" and "how do I start my engines?". You couldn't figure those out but you managed to figure out the radio's and SRS? I applaud you good sir's.

The few times I get stuck in CGI, I get players saying "Uzi 1-1, request picture" even though the player name that he's logged in as is "Whatever". Like we're supposed to look at the player icon names and guess which player is calling himself Uzi 1-1.

request; if your player name is "Helen Keller" , say this is Helen Keller requesting picture. Don't make stuff up.

The few times I get stuck in CGI, I get players saying "Uzi 1-1, request picture" even though the player name that he's logged in as is "Whatever". Like we're supposed to look at the player icon names and guess which player is calling himself Uzi 1-1.

request; if your player name is "Helen Keller" , say this is Helen Keller requesting picture. Don't make stuff up.

I asked a blue player why he was calling himself uzi 1-1. He said when he requested startup, taxi and takeoff that the in game ATC was calling him Uzi 1-1. I'd bet it's the call sign of the slot assigned in the mission editor.

TJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But people that do rename to easy and known callsigns help a lot. I might not know how something is pronounced, weird number/letter combos where I have to think first etc.

Also it enables the GCI to quickly grasp who is working/communicating together on seperate radios.

About the F10 map again, I don't think if we try it, many people will get frustrated/really hindered by it. As pilots of all airframes stated it's not really an issue for anybody but really new guys who don't know their navigation aids.

On the other hand I really enjoy the flightplanning/nav stuff, especially in my long transport flights and would enjoy some more challenge there. I think nobody is really set on it either way, but it would be neat to try it out. :)

Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 9

I don't think you can. People who want to learn already do. People who don't care, don't, And just mimic what they hear on the radio. And even the other Reapers give me shit when I ask people (after they have done a radioCheck 264, after every startup...) to move that stuff over to 251. Most players just don't care.

Be advised that I am requesting a comm check on 264. Advise if you can hear me. Over.

While we're on the subject of F10 map...I just want to say there's a special place in hell for people that delete map markers that other people take the time to plot out coordinates for and label in a helpful way for the rest of the team.

That does suck, but I do wish the markers were smaller. They do tend to get in the way, especially for GCI as the ruler doesn't work when your cursor gets close to the markers.

Sukhumi is 100% red, with tons of fuel. Unable to rearm/repair. Engines are off, canopy is open....

Запросить дозаправку

Did you try putting your landing gear up?

Omg! Hahahhaa. You guys are too funny.

Gear up or down does not matter for rearming.

It was a joke. Hollywood takes offense to red using the lower landing gear and raising landing gear trick on the su27 to refuel slightly quicker. Like from seven mins to four.

He is poking jabs that Caffeine was trying to repair after raising and lower the landing gear to refuel faster and he couldn't.

TJ

Omg! Hahahhaa. You guys are too funny.

It was a joke. Hollywood takes offense to red using the lower landing gear and raising landing gear trick on the su27 to refuel slightly quicker. Like from seven mins to four.

He is poking jabs that Caffeine was trying to repair after raising and lower the landing gear to refuel faster and he couldn't.

TJ

After all the bitching about equal refueling times why wouldn't anyone take offense if the same guys that are bitching are using an exploit in the first place? Why should Ciribob waste the time to go to every Su27 slot at every base and make fuel levels the same just so they can cheat and not give a damn about it?

After all the bitching about equal refueling times why wouldn't anyone take offense if the same guys that are bitching are using an exploit in the first place? Why should Ciribob waste the time to go to every Su27 slot at every base and make fuel levels the same just so they can cheat and not give a damn about it?

The times are not equal. To fully fuel a Su-27 takes about 8 minutes. To fully fuel an F-15 IIRC takes about 5 minutes. I believe for the Mirage/Mig-29 it takes around 3/4 minutes.

The F-15, Mirage, and Mig-29 have the option to carry drop tanks. The Mig-29 at the expense of its long range (if you can call them that) missiles. All these aircraft can put a drop in the main tank, put their bags on, and go.

The exploit allows the Su-27 to be fueled in the same time window as the Mirage, and Mig-29 if they were to top off. Honestly I think this is about as even as it's ever going to get with the zero fuel load.

Instead of going the zero fuel route, I wish BuddySpike had gone the full fuel route, and then this would be a moot point. Zero fuel does nothing to curb air quake. It only prevents your fun for however long it takes you to fuel, and wastes the time you have with your real life.

The times are not equal. To fully fuel a Su-27 takes about 8 minutes. To fully fuel an F-15 IIRC takes about 5 minutes. I believe for the Mirage/Mig-29 it takes around 3/4 minutes.

The F-15, Mirage, and Mig-29 have the option to carry drop tanks. The Mig-29 at the expense of its long range (if you can call them that) missiles. All these aircraft can put a drop in the main tank, put their bags on, and go.

The exploit allows the Su-27 to be fueled in the same time window as the Mirage, and Mig-29 if they were to top off. Honestly I think this is about as even as it's ever going to get with the zero fuel load.

Instead of going the zero fuel route, I wish BuddySpike had gone the full fuel route, and then this would be a moot point. Zero fuel does nothing to curb air quake. It only prevents your fun for however long it takes you to fuel, and wastes the time you have with your real life.

Why do you guys spend time trying to justify things that are wrong? Let me break it down for you all to a level that is easily comprehensible.

Cheating is wrong yes? Most games in fact ban/kick you for this kind of offense.

Exploitation of a mechanic is using something that was not intended by its creator to help with personal gain yes? To put you ahead of your competitors in some type of way.

Exploiting in that regard would be synonymous with cheating.

So if cheating is bad, and exploiting is cheating.... Well you do the math.

Why do you guys spend time trying to justify things that are wrong? Let me break it down for you all to a level that is easily comprehensible.

Cheating is wrong yes? Most games in fact ban/kick you for this kind of offense.

Exploitation of a mechanic is using something that was not intended by its creator to help with personal gain yes? To put you ahead of your competitors in some type of way.

Exploiting in that regard would be synonymous with cheating.

So if cheating is bad, and exploiting is cheating.... Well you do the math.

I think you missed the point. Let me highlight it below.

Hear, hear.

I've made the argument a hundred times but people seem to think that fuel does something on FC3 planes, aside from forcing you to browse reddit for 7 mins.

Hear, hear.

I've made the argument a hundred times but people seem to think that fuel does something on FC3 planes, aside from forcing you to browse reddit for 7 mins.

It does something. Among others it does reduce fighter spam, so airbases can actually be captured. That was pretty frustrating in the first few BlueFlag rounds, because every of the defending FC3 jockeys that got shot down was airborne again a minute later.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

No sir I think this entire forum has missed the point that the reason behind the 0 fuel start is basically a respawn timer, you're supposed to value your life and be punished when you don't..

I think we've proven time and time again that this doesnt work. This is what the LIVES system is for.

You limit airquake by forcing people to value their in game LIFE, not waste their real world life. The existing lives system does this quite well. After three airquakes you can no longer quake.

I've recommended numerous improvements to help enforce this strategy; none of which include wasting your real life... I'd like to see how you would recommend to improve it.

TJ

I think you missed the point. Let me highlight it below.

That's 100% airquake mentality.

"Let me get right back to shooting missiles when I get killed because it's boring to have penalties when losing."

6-8 minutes an opponent that you shot down has to wait to refuel is another 6-8 minutes your ground attackers and people actually playing the objectives have to get their job done. 6-8 minutes is not a long time in the time frames that Blue Flag has for its various windows to get things done.