Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 9

gregzagk

Why do you think the A10 was added to red in the first place ? We have had several months of gameplay where we had the most possible seperation of blue/red units and eventually people started to want more units on both sides for several reasons.

I'm aware of that, but I was not one of them. I actually liked the strict seperation and the West vs. East concept. :)

In general I like the fact that people still think about what can be done to change the mission, make it more interesting, more balanced or what have you, but we have to face the reality that we do not have enough airframes to make a complete east vs. west scenario.

I know it might not resemble a real conflict that could have happened some time during the cold war, but as a mission designer in DCS you just cannot provide that within the spirit of a fair multiplayer match where both sides have the same goals.

I was about to ask why it has to be that why, but you pointed that out already:

Keyword is asymetric balance here, I bet one can come up with a concept that seperates units as much as possible and still make it fun for everybody, but the current BlueFlag is not that concept. Our good friends at team BuddySpike have their hands full right now with life and stuff, things that scream "unfair!" have been reported by me for months and there are no changes in sight, so I think we should just all accept that in general, this is what we have to play with until the BuddySpike team have timeto implement thei "major changes" and "new concepts"

An asymetric BlueFlag would be really nice (I would love to have more asymetric scenarios in MP in general), but as you said, it's not that easy, unfortunately :(

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

A few issues I'm having at the moment:

- Online map/gadget is stuck

- Same with the "-time" command in the server

- The forward observer is really really bugged, it has never been so bugged before

:thumbup:

.. and intensive game crashes on various events (missile hits, change from regular to gci slot, etc.)

Gamemasters, could you take a look at this idea called 'life balancing feature'?

- egg. 20xRED(80lives) vs 10BLUE(40lives) could become 20xRED(80lives) vs 10xBLUE(80lives) meaning that each BLUE could have 8lives and each RED 4lives,

- base factor is one side max life count. that calculated in dynamic form means extra lives given to the side that has fewer players.

Fair enough?

Edited by jackmckay

"Houston, We've Had a Problem"

20:00 ZULU

sb1.JPG.250b1ff8779c82047e0b5d7aa29e43a2.JPG

https://www.youtube.com/@KAG-RubyN

Су-27 Flanker| Су-33 Flanker-D| МиГ-29 Fulcrum|Су-25 Frogfoot| Ка-50 Hokum| Ми-24П Hind| Ми-8МТВ Hip| F/A-18C Hornet| F-16C Viper| F-15C Eagle| UH-1H Iroquois

H/W - CPU:i7-13700KF|MB:Z790|RAM:64GB DDR5 Kingston|GA: MSI NV RTX-4090|Oculus Quest 3| SSD:Kingston SFYRD2000G

"Houston, We've Had a Problem"

20:00 ZULU

If you play blue, which I do, whats the point of even connecting when its like that?

I don't even bother connecting if teams are like PVE mode. Yet as you can obv see others don't mind sadly.

A lot of REAPER hasn't played blueflag in 48 hours, thus red grossly outnumbering blue and pushing deep south. All day, there were barely any blues and only reds on.

And now we are grabbing something back since 90 minutes ago a bunch of us came back on (we captured Gudata, Sochi, LN71 and MM05 within those 90 minutes), and immediately the crying starts again about unbalance.

Amusing.

A lot of REAPER hasn't played blueflag in 48 hours, thus red grossly outnumbering blue and pushing deep south. All day, there were barely any blues and only reds on.

And now we are grabbing something back since 90 minutes ago a bunch of us came back on (we captured Gudata, Sochi, LN71 and MM05 within those 90 minutes), and immediately the crying starts again about unbalance.

Amusing.

Yes of course because earlier in the week Blue took all the way to Anapa with balanced sides.:doh:

I don't think Blue can handle balanced, they tend to fold like paper with balance but they excel at 20v0.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

Amusing.

If you think that everything is ok with the balance, you will see this spectacle again and again. With equality, blue can not capture anything. :megalol:

https://www.youtube.com/@KAG-RubyN

Су-27 Flanker| Су-33 Flanker-D| МиГ-29 Fulcrum|Су-25 Frogfoot| Ка-50 Hokum| Ми-24П Hind| Ми-8МТВ Hip| F/A-18C Hornet| F-16C Viper| F-15C Eagle| UH-1H Iroquois

H/W - CPU:i7-13700KF|MB:Z790|RAM:64GB DDR5 Kingston|GA: MSI NV RTX-4090|Oculus Quest 3| SSD:Kingston SFYRD2000G

Yes of course because earlier in the week Blue took all the way to Anapa with balanced sides.:doh:

I don't think Blue can handle balanced, they tend to fold like paper with balance but they excel at 20v0.

Its true. Blue has a lot of lone warriors and inexperienced pilots. Without a couple of groups who fly together, blue will lose every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As a pilot on Blue Side, unfortunately, I agree with you. I am always amazed, that with such imbalance we not simply roll over red. And I am always amazed how fast CAP support disappears :cry:

But for me it is quite simple why I pick Blue: no SRS on Red. And SRS is a big bit of "flavor" for me.

That's my observation also. Most of red team consist of Blue Flag veterans. I have seen with only 3-4 players they could capture anything from Sochi to Sukhumi in only one round. Something that only RvE guys could rival it when they played on Blue side. Darn....I missed that moment....:D

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

Server offline?

Btw when people discuss wether or not some features of blue flag are good and what can be done to improve the experience I like the discussion on this forum. But when there are people that start to make fun of players on one side and comment on their skill level, I don't think we get anywhere. Let's not forget that we are all on the same team - dcs pilots.

That is so true. And if you do use SRS on redfor, then you get shouted at for not beeing at comms, because apparently only teamspeak is considered "on comms" for redfor...

• Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

It depends, but people on red somehow have the opinion that using SRS akes you a try hard. Personally I disagree with that notion. No one demands perfect brevity, but just giving information that is relevant for other people on the same channel in a clear&compact manner would go a long way on red side. Sadly it may never happen. I have resorted to being on all the coms channels, I try to ignore the blabbering and really need to focus on what is relevant to me, sadly that does not give you a feeling of flying in a team that often.

SOMETIMES IT IS HAPPENING THOUGH !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"DCS World is the main public build, it has nothing to do with being stable" -Bignewy

Originally Posted by Asset View Post

But for me it is quite simple why I pick Blue: no SRS on Red. And SRS is a big bit of "flavor" for me.

!!!

Also a BIG bit of flavor for my proc taking humble 10-13% of my 4790k. That's no thanks from me.

!!!

What, you don't have the CPU cores to spare? :D

It's 4 true and 8 HT cores. DCS uses two cores at best right now. That was just a funny non-issue issue :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Yes SRS is a big miss on Red but i'm sure it will come around eventually.

Server offline?

Btw when people discuss wether or not some features of blue flag are good and what can be done to improve the experience I like the discussion on this forum. But when there are people that start to make fun of players on one side and comment on their skill level, I don't think we get anywhere. Let's not forget that we are all on the same team - dcs pilots.

I don't think there is anything serious to worry about it is just light banter to keep the edge in what is a face off, lets not try and pretend we are all enjoying get shot down by one another. In all seriousness Blues and Reds always bring a good fight.

Edited by Frostie

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

SRS is not simple as TS is. SRS kicks you out on game crash (and they are often lately) and also on instant kill so you get banned from SRS easily. On TS you stay constantly. There should be feature on SRS to auto load general comms channel by default action, something like lobby channel. Then SRS could be more useful so player is about to setup extra freqs (for CAP or CAS etc.) and not base (lobby) one.

Guys, what about life balancing feature?

So the only times SRS doesn't work is when you are dead ? That doesn't sound too bad.

Keep in mind that you can connect to SRS at any time, no need to restart the game or reconnect to servers.

Edited by kobeshow

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"DCS World is the main public build, it has nothing to do with being stable" -Bignewy

The only way Redfor is ever going to use SRS is if they stop using TS period. There is always one player who can't get SRS to work, and in instead of fixing it they just use TS. This in turn causes everyone else to use TS.

The only way Redfor is ever going to use SRS is if they stop using TS period. There is always one player who can't get SRS to work, and in instead of fixing it they just use TS. This in turn causes everyone else to use TS.

Thats because theres an SRS update every 5 mins as good as it is, I cant be bothered to keep updating or fix it or copy i.p addresses book over then test it before i get into game.

Edit: Its a shame ED cant implement it into dcsw full stop with permission from Ciri of coarse.

Edited by Coxy_99

Well, you can use both. Most of the times on blue we do all general planning on TS, but BRA's, popups, rifles etc are all given through SR. TS is just for the general banter. If someone on teamspeak asks for specific in-flight intel, or when we got a controller working. We usually just tell guys asking for bearings and stuff (on ts) "there is a GCI on 264".

So the only times SRS doesn't work is when you are dead ? That doesn't sound too bad.

Keep in mind that you can connect to SRS at any time, no need to restart the game or reconnect to servers.

Even the blue Reapers would disagree with you. SRS becomes a pain in the rear when you are trying to coordinate and the server is down. Or when the server just came back up and everyone is trying to figure out what to do. Unless you join a slot and power up, you can't talk to others (there is no lobby feature.)

Enter Teamspeak and this problem is solved. I prefer SRS, but I also sit in teamspeak because sometimes I want to coordinate next steps without having to be in a slot. I love SRS and the immersion it adds, but it complicates the coordination before the attack.

For the blue players who won't switch sides because red doesn't use SRS: I joined red this time and the red teamspeak is kept to brevity. It can sometimes be hard because the Russians don't speak English, so we occasionally need a translator to play the middle man. It does work. You just have to be willing to give it a try.

TJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk