Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 9

gregzagk

That was worded much better than I did myself. Watered down is a good description. I will say that it's fun to have the A10 on red, but like you said, it waters it down. Each side has it's own capabilities that both have pros and cons. That's the fun and more realistic side of it for me. Having said that, I get that it's not that way for everyone, although I don't understand it since you can join the side that has the aircraft you prefer. I view this the same way I'd view, lets say IL2 Battle of Moscow. In there, if you have all aircraft on both sides, it's always viewed as a joke of a server. I know we're limited here in selection of aircraft so some compromises need to be made, but only with one or two aircraft, not all. In the end, as long as it's not every round, I'm flexible. No matter what you do, the sides are going to be lopsided at different times of the day.

I will say this, maybe a bit off topic; if ED doesn't figure out a way to make the full fidelity Russian counterparts, I have my doubts about DCS being headed in any positive direction. It's going to be a dead end. May as well call it NATO Strike or something. lol

Well said! I couldn't agree more.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As much as I like seeing the map entirely colored with my factions colors the server should really have a limit to how much of the map can be controled.

This weekend by Saturday morning blue controlled almost the entire map and it lasted all weekend. I saw plenty of people log on to play red yet when they saw the map status they just disconnected. It made for a boring weekend and I didn't play much because of it.

If a faction controls 75% of a map at the end of the 3hr round it should hard reset. If you wanna give a random bonus farp or something to the faction that had 75% as a consolation prize for pulverizing the other faction idc.

Is it possible to take control of AA units with CA in this server? I am considering to buy it..

| A-10C | MiG-21bis | Hawk T1.A | L-39 Albatros | F-5E | Ka-50 | Mi-8 | NTTR | CA | SU27 | M2000C | F-86F | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Mig 15 | Mig 19|

Specs

Intel i7-9700k

msi GTX 2060 Gaming Z

msi Z390 Gaming PLUS

16gb RAM

Hotas Warthog

Battle to the last stronghold is where the action is, people need to get out of that boohoo we've lost attitude and step up. You learn a lot more in hard fought defeat than you do from overwhelming victory.

That's true but sometimes as a lonewolf, if you connect and find yourself against 16 is feeling like a chicken in velociraptors cage

EDIT: can a server admin move to red please? That's the team where I am supposed to be, but it says I am blue. And cannot choose the blue side either.

Edited by Bersagliere81

| A-10C | MiG-21bis | Hawk T1.A | L-39 Albatros | F-5E | Ka-50 | Mi-8 | NTTR | CA | SU27 | M2000C | F-86F | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Mig 15 | Mig 19|

Specs

Intel i7-9700k

msi GTX 2060 Gaming Z

msi Z390 Gaming PLUS

16gb RAM

Hotas Warthog

Battle to the last stronghold is where the action is, people need to get out of that boohoo we've lost attitude and step up. You learn a lot more in hard fought defeat than you do from overwhelming victory.

You can wish people to have that attitude all you want but it wont change the reality of how most people act/think.

If you find being stuck in one of 3 bases with 15 cap on your door step fun... You should realize that you're not a majority opinion. Especially with the low amount of lives fighters get.

There is nothing to learn about being blasted out of the sky at wheels up btw.

I'll take dealing with people giving up over a lack luster weekend of playtime.

You can wish people to have that attitude all you want but it wont change the reality of how most people act/think.

If you find being stuck in one of 3 bases with 15 cap on your door step fun... You should realize that you're not a majority opinion. Especially with the low amount of lives fighters get.

I'll take dealing with people giving up over a lack luster weekend of playtime.

It is how Blue Flag works, The idea is to take all the locations (at least the ones that spawn aircraft ) and win the map, then the map resets. As Frostie mentioned some of the best fights are when one side are on their heels flying from their last bases. Sometimes a few guys can hold back the horde, sometimes you get steamrolled, it is just how it works.

I dont think your opinion is in the majority, and if it is not to your liking perhaps you should fly on another server.

JD

AKA_MattE

It is how Blue Flag works, The idea is to take all the locations (at least the ones that spawn aircraft ) and win the map, then the map resets. As Frostie mentioned some of the best fights are when one side are on their heels flying from their last bases. Sometimes a few guys can hold back the horde, sometimes you get steamrolled, it is just how it works.

I dont think your opinion is in the majority, and if it is not to your liking perhaps you should fly on another server.

JD

AKA_MattE

The idea of Blue Flag like or dislike is not the matter of subject.

My opinion is based on what actually occurs. Outside small bursts for an hour or so when a faction is down to its last bases the number of people connecting for that faction will generally remain low until full reset.

The idea of Blue Flag like or dislike is not the matter of subject.

My opinion is based on what actually occurs. Outside small bursts for an hour or so when a faction is down to its last bases the number of people connecting for that faction will generally remain low until full reset.

I'm sure it would be totally different if it wasn't just a testing phase. If rounds only lasted to 75% then i'm sure they wouldn't last very long.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

As much as I like seeing the map entirely colored with my factions colors the server should really have a limit to how much of the map can be controled.

This weekend by Saturday morning blue controlled almost the entire map and it lasted all weekend. I saw plenty of people log on to play red yet when they saw the map status they just disconnected. It made for a boring weekend and I didn't play much because of it.

If a faction controls 75% of a map at the end of the 3hr round it should hard reset. If you wanna give a random bonus farp or something to the faction that had 75% as a consolation prize for pulverizing the other faction idc.

...couldn't disagree more and my experience is the opposite! Red was online with lots of pilots over the past two days and that is the result after they lost 2xKrasnodar+Gelendzik already - I think that shows that your statement and observations are simply wrong:

blueflag5cc0.jpg

Regards

REAPER 31 | Painter

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There's always something to learn about that. Let's be optimistic. Being outnumbered is one of the situations I like the most because lonewolf like myself need to practice as hard as I can and personally I don't mind to be shot down over and over. It doesn't change anything in my real life :D. After all that I found myself playing on other server quite easy and have a great scores.

Blueflag shaped my skill :D

Cheers

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

Please remove troops from the Gazelle, this is nonsense, it can capture airfields and farps alone. Bomber + Troops is too much, if no enemies are on the server one single Gazelle pilot can capture anything, then move a little bit, capture an other thing etc etc.

Blueflag is supposed to be designed for teamwork, but this eliminates all teamwork: imagine if a KA-50 had troops, that would be nonsense as well.

If you remove the troops from the gazelle no one is gonna fly the thing. ever.

It's the slowest aircraft in DCS.

Just say Russia started a alliance with Syria (who operates gazelles) and give RED the option to fly them too to level the field. It's less of a stretch then A-10's for red.

Edited by CrashO

If you remove the troops from the gazelle no one is gonna fly the thing. ever.

It's the slowest aircraft in DCS.

Just say Russia started a alliance with Syria (who operates gazelles) and give RED the option to fly them too to level the field. It's less of a stretch then A-10's for red.

Agree :thumbup:

[sIGPIC]Luftgangsta[/sIGPIC]

Don't need to bother with that just give recon/bomber to Mi8 and Huey then we can all be non team playing one man armies. :)

Seriously though the M and Mistral need to be recon only while the L should be troop only.

Edited by Frostie

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

In the Huey using conservative loadouts I usually get 125 - 130 knots (level).

In the Gazelle, 90 - 95. :cry: 120 only while diving of a mountain at 30'..

You're not flying it correctly then. That's not realistic cruising speeds and I guarantee you that if you look at your EGT you're way over the limits. The reason you can do that is because they have yet to had the engine limitations to the huey. Hopefuelly, one day...

Edited by BSS_Sniper

I9 9900k @ 5ghz water cooled, 32gb ram, GTX 2080ti, 1tb M.2, 2tb hdd, 1000 watt psu TrackIR 5, TM Warthog Stick and Throttle, CH Pedals

As far as Blue taking over the map...the truth of the matter is that the ONLY time blue pushed and took ground is when red only had 3-4 or less on and Blue had 20-30. Everyday for a while now, during the evening my time (mountain/US) that's what the player list looked like. It's really boring that blue can't really do much unless they have those kinds of numbers. In fact, more than a few times there were no red on at all and that's really the only time blue actually captured things.

I9 9900k @ 5ghz water cooled, 32gb ram, GTX 2080ti, 1tb M.2, 2tb hdd, 1000 watt psu TrackIR 5, TM Warthog Stick and Throttle, CH Pedals

Guys it's not a matter of faction, having scouting + troops is just against what Blueflag is made for. As always Greg knows everything and will fix it :thumbup:

BTW, blue guys why didn't you finish it? you captured all airfields and farps 4 hours ago!

Make it possible to call a bomber for red helicopters, do not you see how unfairly done now?

https://www.youtube.com/@KAG-RubyN

Су-27 Flanker| Су-33 Flanker-D| МиГ-29 Fulcrum|Су-25 Frogfoot| Ка-50 Hokum| Ми-24П Hind| Ми-8МТВ Hip| F/A-18C Hornet| F-16C Viper| F-15C Eagle| UH-1H Iroquois

H/W - CPU:i7-13700KF|MB:Z790|RAM:64GB DDR5 Kingston|GA: MSI NV RTX-4090|Oculus Quest 3| SSD:Kingston SFYRD2000G