Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 9

gregzagk

Can anyone provide me simple radio link/details?

| A-10C | MiG-21bis | Hawk T1.A | L-39 Albatros | F-5E | Ka-50 | Mi-8 | NTTR | CA | SU27 | M2000C | F-86F | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Mig 15 | Mig 19|

Specs

Intel i7-9700k

msi GTX 2060 Gaming Z

msi Z390 Gaming PLUS

16gb RAM

Hotas Warthog

Guys, im announcing simple radio day. Friday march 10 will be simple radio day. Encourage everyone in chat to be ready to use simple radio on march 10th. If they ask why tell them that no server lag and good calcium for strong bones will come to those who use simple radio on march 10th.

Happy simple radio day on march 10th.

Users who does not use simple radio on friday will be made fun of for knitting socks and playing with dolls.

I have it.

How do I use it?

Why I dislike using a radio chat utility, like TS3, and (Simple Radio, I suspect also) is people don't talk strictly mission ops business and guys chit-chat nonsense---the equivalent of knitting dolls and playing with socks...

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have it.

Why I dislike using a radio chat utility, like TS3, and (Simple Radio, I suspect also) is people don't talk strictly mission ops business and guys chit-chat nonsense---the equivalent of knitting dolls and playing with socks...

How I (and most others at blue) generally use it, is SR for OPS and the buddyspike TS for general banter. So usually i'm connected to both. When I am generally coordinating stuff with the squad (what are we hitting, when are we hitting, who's flying what? I use TS3. And for general banter.

And on SR (264) we just do BRA callouts and strategic stuff. (asking new pilots intensions, rayguns, setting up squads (and once thats done, have that squad switch over to a private SR freq for chat about that specific flight)

The GCI freq (264,- for blue) is usually just business. Although the brevity is quite informal, being a lot of the guys don't know the strict and correct way to make call-outs. The only thing that bugs me is the people doing radio checks on 264 instead of 251. I hate being in a fight and having someone with his mic boost set to over 9000 doing a radiocheck every 10 seconds on the GCI freq.

So as a practical example (for people who never used SR).

When I am flying a (blue) Huey with troops, with the intention of a base capture. I am tuned in to 3 frequencies (at the same time) on SR.

264,000AM for GCI

1xx,000AM for comms with my squad and/or cap

30,000FM for comms with other helicopters and A-10 doing the striking.

While also being on TS3 for cracking jokes and bitching about RED spawning in their SU33's again :D

Edited by CrashO

...here is an example of how it sounds on the blue side GCI frequency when we have a guy on duty as GCI. I would say everything else than chit-chat ;) :

PS:

My opinion: SimpleRadioStandalone is one of the most important factors for a successful mission on blueflag!

Reasons:

- GCI usually coordinates stuff (who, where, what, when)

- GCI has a picture of the whole situation and is the only guy who is able to provide a big-picture for the situational awareness of all pilots

- there is more or less 0 chit-chat on the frequency (opposite to teamspeak)

I would say GCI+SimpleRadio doubles the rate of success (at least).

Edited by -Painter-

Regards

REAPER 31 | Painter

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You do know you can nav plan the Ka50 in the air right. Plus you get god mode see all enemy targets just to make it easy.:)

Yes, my point was mainly to show the difference between startup procedure of a complex full fidelity module and flaming cliffs one, intentionally maybe in a bit exaggerated way as quite often there are complains that the FC planes have to be refueled. Anyway, something quite obvious.

Yes, it’s possible to streamline some of the activities, doing them when being in the air. As for the god mode Ka-50 ABRIS seeing all of the targets – I’m really braking my head why it is there. It’s something that really should be disabled. First it gives an unfair advantage (maybe not so big, location of targets in BF is not a secret knowledge), second it takes away a lot of fun from planning and mission execution.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

Lets make a deal. I convince my friends to use it, and you convince ED to make it part of the game since its a damn shame that the "premiere combat flight simulator" has 0 built in radio functionality. :smilewink:

Even a mod like BMS has it, and it works beautifully.

:D Deal :P

Although i need to do a lot more work to it. Should be able to start work again on it soon. :thumbup:

Thanks for being a great community and helping each other out with it, as I agree that is a shame that there is no built in comms, especially when the radios are modelled so well in game, hence this project.

It is by no means perfect, but I do have exciting plans to more heavily integrate it into DCS, but first I need to sort out RL issues :)

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

I can't get Simple Radio to work. It never connects to the Blue Flag SR server. Did you guys change the SR server IP?

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Yes, my point was mainly to show the difference between startup procedure of a complex full fidelity module and flaming cliffs one, intentionally maybe in a bit exaggerated way as quite often there are complains that the FC planes have to be refueled. Anyway, something quite obvious.

Yes, it’s possible to streamline some of the activities, doing them when being in the air. As for the god mode Ka-50 ABRIS seeing all of the targets – I’m really braking my head why it is there. It’s something that really should be disabled. First it gives an unfair advantage (maybe not so big, location of targets in BF is not a secret knowledge), second it takes away a lot of fun from planning and mission execution.

Lacking the ability to create a flight plan, set up and use datalink between a flight, have more dedicated modes is a hindrance imo.

The real crux of anyone starting up on the ground is organisation between the package or support flights, starting up the Ka50 for example once learned is relatively straight forward and a joy, not something I deem a chore or particularly time consuming.

I agree with your notion that complaints about refuelling are pretty poor in comparison to full fidelity start ups but the time it takes to rearm and start a Mirage is pretty quick also, pretty similar to a fully fuelled FC aircraft, plus you can align in flight.

Guys complaining about refuelling FC aircraft should be planning ahead (usually making tea and stocking biscuit supplies) instead of staring at the fuel counter, but primarily organising and being part of a flight and devising a pre flight briefing, this should be par of the course, you don't need a full fidelity module to do this. Likewise you don't need an FC aircraft to just take off and play airquake.

But at the moment it is long term testing phase so a large part of it is just hop in and have some free for all fun.

Edited by Frostie

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

I can't get Simple Radio to work. It never connects to the Blue Flag SR server. Did you guys change the SR server IP?

Did you put the port as well? 5.189.162.17:5014

Btw I can connect, but all the radios stay off when I log into the server..

• Like 1

Server just died 2 times in a row again (within 15 minutes from start). Coincidentally, a lot of people where using Viggens...

*edit*

and a third time, thats one way to lose 3 lives in an hour..

Mass disconnect this time. From 40+ people to 5. Pretty much everyone except the observers got connectionloss.

Edited by CrashO

Did you put the port as well? 5.189.162.17:5014

That was it! Thank you, it's working now. (At least I think it is, Im getting the radio overlays and everything, the frequencies are changed correctly, however I've yet to see someone else on RED actually using it :))

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

That was it! Thank you, it's working now. (At least I think it is, Im getting the radio overlays and everything, the frequencies are changed correctly, however I've yet to see someone else on RED actually using it :))

Usually, if there aren't enough people on to justify using SRS, we won't be on it. There are a handful that will get on even if they are alone, but normally, if there are just 5 or 6 people, TS is easier. Either way, you should always have at a minimum, TS up and running, even with SRS. I remember asking you to get on comms with the rest of us, through chat and it went ignored. Sometimes there are not enough people on to use srs and we're just on TS. I've also noticed that there are a lot of new people on red that refuse to get on any type of comms what so ever. The core group of red that have been flying red since BF started are always on comms, sometimes its just TS if there are only a handful of us and other times we're on both TS and SRS. At a minimum, we are always on TS. If you just get on SRS, you have no idea who is on what frequency, if anyone is on at all.

Edited by BSS_Sniper

I9 9900k @ 5ghz water cooled, 32gb ram, GTX 2080ti, 1tb M.2, 2tb hdd, 1000 watt psu TrackIR 5, TM Warthog Stick and Throttle, CH Pedals

It's also to set up channel commander or whisper (to channel) in TS...

Got a weapon loadout question on Gazelle Mistral here btw (help appreciated): https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3073662#post3073662

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Ok still having problems with SRS. Not sure whats up. I can't hear anyone on the channel, nor can I transmit.

Are there specific keys I have to configure to transmit, or hear transmissions? I've noticed that the keys I bind in the Client software simply don't work. Through the overlay I can see that the frequencies I change in the cockpit change on the overlay, I tune to the required GCI channel that I see other people using on the buddyspike website, but can hear no comm chatter at all. Is there some PTT key for example I have to use or bind?

I've noticed also on the buddyspike website that my name pops up and next to it, the headphones that indicate Im using SRS, but unlike with the rest of the people online, there is no indication of the frequencies my radios are tuned to.

Ok still having problems with SRS. Not sure whats up. I can't hear anyone on the channel, nor can I transmit.

Are there specific keys I have to configure to transmit, or hear transmissions? I've noticed that the keys I bind in the Client software simply don't work. Through the overlay I can see that the frequencies I change in the cockpit change on the overlay, I tune to the required GCI channel that I see other people using on the buddyspike website, but can hear no comm chatter at all. Is there some PTT key for example I have to use or bind?

I've noticed also on the buddyspike website that my name pops up and next to it, the headphones that indicate Im using SRS, but unlike with the rest of the people online, there is no indication of the frequencies my radios are tuned to.

In SRS there is a settings tab where you set your PTT buttons for the different radios. On the main page there is an input and output device selector. There is also a 'Preview sound' or something button you can use to test your mic input volume. Set this to something like -70% and try the preview sound thing. Twiddle the devices here until you can hear yourself, then you should hear the others. YOu can also hear the radio going click click when you push your PTT button (if your plane's radio is set to go)

When using SRS you need to bind the application's COMMON PTT button to talk on radio, once you have entered the cockpit, you need to press it once to be able to hear people on the same frequency. Radio Changing is also done with the SRS Hotkeys, forget the DCS in-game keys.

Secondly some people have fixed similar problems as yours with the following steps:

Got to your C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\DCS\scripts folder and open the export.lua, it should look something like this:

local dcsSr=require('lfs');dofile(dcsSr.writedir()..[[scripts\DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua]]);

local Tacviewlfs=require('lfs');dofile(Tacviewlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/TacviewExportDCS.lua');

make sure the line for Simple Radio is on top, then save and try wether that fixed your problem :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"DCS World is the main public build, it has nothing to do with being stable" -Bignewy

Post a screenshot of your C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\DCS\scripts folder

Post your Export.lua here

Post a screenshot of the SRS Client window once you've connected to the server, you should see that there are other clients connected, shown at the bottom of the window.

Double check that the IP you're connecting to is 5.189.162.17:5014 the port 5014 is important as there are two other SRS servers running on that machine, if you connect to them you wont hear anyone :)

When using SRS you need to bind the application's COMMON PTT button to talk on radio, once you have entered the cockpit, you need to press it once to be able to hear people on the same frequency. Radio Changing is also done with the SRS Hotkeys, forget the DCS in-game keys.

Secondly some people have fixed similar problems as yours with the following steps:

Got to your C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\DCS\scripts folder and open the export.lua, it should look something like this:

local dcsSr=require('lfs');dofile(dcsSr.writedir()..[[scripts\DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua]]);

local Tacviewlfs=require('lfs');dofile(Tacviewlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/TacviewExportDCS.lua');

make sure the line for Simple Radio is on top, then save and try wether that fixed your problem

Always put it to the bottom now. It only went above when TacView was having issues with a DCS update which was fixed quickly :)

Always best to remove all the lines from your Export.lua and just leave

To make sure there are no conflicts, then add them back. Full troubleshooting guide linked in my signature

Hope this helps and thanks to all for helping to sort it :)

Edited by Ciribob

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

I have the exact same issue, frequencies don't show up when I log into the DCS server even though I'm connected to the SRS server and I see online clients

Since we're discussing SRS. I know there is a dedicated thread for it but the question is also related to BF.

To the point. The SRS allows to bind a PTT button. Same the in-sim cockpits have a bindings for PTT. I have those mapped separately. The obvious difference is that SRS-PTT activates the mike, while DCS-PTT opens selected radio/intercom menu but also activates mike in SRS.

DCS has also the communication menu, usually activated by '\' key (not to confuse with other radios or intercom). For some reason however it gets disabled once the aircraft leaves the ground. It even stays disabled when landing with helicopter outside of the AB or FARP. I guess the '\' comms menu may be in DCS to smiulate voice communication when on the ground. Is there any way to use the comms menu in BF while being connected to SRS without annoying a hell out of everyone with mike clicks? The comms menu is still needed - PAK intel, capturing intel, deploying troops, AA, etc.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

Since we're discussing SRS. I know there is a dedicated thread for it but the question is also related to BF.

To the point. The SRS allows to bind a PTT button. Same the in-sim cockpits have a bindings for PTT. I have those mapped separately. The obvious difference is that SRS-PTT activates the mike, while DCS-PTT opens selected radio/intercom menu but also activates mike in SRS.

DCS has also the communication menu, usually activated by '\' key (not to confuse with other radios or intercom). For some reason however it gets disabled once the aircraft leaves the ground. It even stays disabled when landing with helicopter outside of the AB or FARP. I guess the '\' comms menu may be in DCS to smiulate voice communication when on the ground. Is there any way to use the comms menu in BF while being connected to SRS without annoying a hell out of everyone with mike clicks? The comms menu is still needed - PAK intel, capturing intel, deploying troops, AA, etc.

Not sure I quite understand but are you asking, Can you disable the PTT Mic switch in the cockpit (UH1 Mi8 etc) from triggering the PTT on SRS?

If so, sure!

Edit the file - DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua in Saved Games/DCS/Scripts

Change:

_data.ptt = true

to

_data.ptt = false

On this line https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone/blob/master/Scripts/DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua#L629 for the UH1 as an example :)

The normal hotkey set via SRS will still work, it just wont pick up the ingame incockpit physical switch

Edited by Ciribob

Gadget website offline AGAIN... please, why?

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence