Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 9

gregzagk

No, it couldn't. You can imagine it being that, but it just doesn't happen. Most radars in this category are an ABM radar and it isn't looking at your dogfight.

AWACS aircraft equipped with some form of A/PESA don't spend cycles trying to track things that are irrelevant to the big picture either - their jobs are battle management, not 'this guy's MLWS'.

These types of radars aren't magical either. While they are far superior to MESA, they still have scan time limitations.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

their jobs are battle management, not 'this guy's MLWS'..

"AWACS" - A(ir to air missile) Warning And (over-)Controlling System.

But yeah, the SA that Blue Flag GCI gives you is....Interesting...

If used correctly...

If...

Lord of Salt

Impossible to play on the server, constantly emits from the server is interrupted contact.

Resolve server errors, or discontinue this round to resolve this situation.

This is not a BuddySpike problem. Use a VPN which doesn't redirect you through Cogent to connect, and your problem will be solved.

I find it funny that Red (Russia) gets France mirage, while Blue (USA/Nato) gets UAE mirage.

UAE Mirages flying side by side with Israel F-15 lol

MiG-21 skins still finland for some reason?

MiG-29's still all S's with only two bases having A.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IP addresses are public, there is no law saying you cannot post someones IP online.

True, as IP adresses change every 24h xD (At least with german DSL ISPs)

Buddyspike already own their own domain name, they run the TS server on port 1337 so i would recommend a SRV record so you dont have to put in the port number after say; ts.buddyspike.net

Awesome!!!

This is not a BuddySpike problem. Use a VPN which doesn't redirect you through Cogent to connect, and your problem will be solved.

Thanks, now I don't need to repeat/repost myself for the 4th time for the users who are too lazy to read follow all posts in this thread xD

Edited by DanielNL
DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

can we see about a life reset? Since Greg restarted the server for a fix, we've lost 3 of our 4 lives due to the server crashing or disconnects.

I9 9900k @ 5ghz water cooled, 32gb ram, GTX 2080ti, 1tb M.2, 2tb hdd, 1000 watt psu TrackIR 5, TM Warthog Stick and Throttle, CH Pedals

I find it funny that Red (Russia) gets France mirage, while Blue (USA/Nato) gets UAE mirage.

UAE Mirages flying side by side with Israel F-15 lol

MiG-21 skins still finland for some reason?

MiG-29's still all S's with only two bases having A.

This, +1.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I reposted this from the Buddyspike forums, hopefully that's alright.

I'd like to start out by saying I love playing on Blueflag and it is a very fun multiplayer experience for DCS. I know that Blueflag isn't supposed to necessarily be the most realistic scenario but I think with these liveries it would make a lot more sense with the lore in blueflag and make player's experiences more immersive and enjoyable. Most of these suggestions have to do with liveries. It would appear that the lore to Blueflag is USSR + Allies vs The West in a fight to take control of the Caucasus, set in the 80s.

In all of these pictures red text=what's currently in Blueflag and blue text=suggestions

It would seem that there isn't always one designated livery in Blueflag that's why I have included 2 livery choices for some of these, 1 primary and 1 alternate

MiG-21:

aqYnppA.png

The current livery which is named "Finland - HavLLv 31" should be changed because of the country of origin which is Finland. It would make much more sense and players to be happier if the MiG-21 flies for Russia. I believe VVS Camo and VVS Grey would make great livery replacements for all the Finnish MiGs, seeing that Red Star won't confuse anyone.

MiG-29:

eedLhSc.png

The problem with the MiG-29 isn't necessarily the livery but the model. Ask anyone who flies the MiG-29 in DCS and they'll tell you without a doubt that the MiG-29S's model is old, ugly, and a downright eyesore to look at. The lack of R-77s in Blueflag makes the S have no advantage. On top of this given the timeframe Blueflag takes place the MiG-29S would not even be fighting. I know players who will fly all the way from Anapa just to fly the MiG-29A because they hate the S model so much. I feel the MiG-29S should be replaced with the A. If for some reason there is a reason to keep the S, replace half of the S models with MiG-29As.

Su-27:

tbBNbKE.png

y7JfiXT.png

I love the Su-27 a ton but I feel the Primary livery "Kilpyavr AFB (Maresyev)" is a very odd choice to use. For starters, everyone has the same number '11' which makes communication between players on a sortie annoying. Secondly, this is a livery dedicated to Alexey Petrovich Maresyev, a Soviet WWII Ace, you wouldn't be seeing this livery on the battlefield. The alternative livery for the Su-27 currently in Blueflag which I have only encountered at Beslan is a fairly decent livery "Air Force Standard," the only problem with this livery is it's a modern Russian livery compared to a Soviet one which would be used around the 1980s. You can tell because of the Blue within the stars. I feel Air Force Standard Early and Air Force Standard Old would be the best choices for the Su-27s in Blueflag. These soviet patterns would have most definitely universally used in any air conflict that involved the Su-27 and are a staple of the Su-27. Some people might think Su-27s are a solid light blue like they are currently in Blueflag, but very few are actually painted this way as they are usually the faded soviet pattern like "Air Force Standard old".

M2000:

VbyWrRI.png

Finally, the Mirage. People seem to enjoy having the Mirage on both sides which is totally fine. What makes it strange is that we're flying Russian Su-27s with French Mirages, and Blue is flying F-15s with UAE Mirages. I know that the problem is the fact that the UAE livery can only be used on France however. The fix would be to make France red and use UAE mirages on Red and make the Blue Mirages USA with the default French Livery. There has already been a lot of confusion this round about who's Mirages are who's because people normally would associate France with BLUE.

Thanks for reading, I know I'm not the only one who would prefer it this way.

But doesn't the MiG-29A cockpit look FAR worse (older, no HD) than 29S ?

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Oh nice, when I tried 2 years ago the A cockpit looked less fidelity.

This does not fix anything, there are no latency and loss issues on the cogent link.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

UAE Mirages flying side by side with Israel F-15 lol.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normandie-Niemen

like this? :)

7KK3pPA.jpg

UAE is second greatest US allies and Israel first.

just saying...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

I reposted this from the Buddyspike forums, hopefully that's alright.

Thanks! We will check out the skins after we will find a permanent solution for the user timeouts which is the highest priority for now.

A new round will follow once we fix it.

Greg

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

For people complaining about mirages on red being french and such, this is due to things that are going on in the mission editor. Currently only the french mirages can select all skins (as in they need to belong to the country france), so the red "iranian" mirages only have one selectable skin...which is a french one ): and switching coalition manually for a country after you have creatted a mission is a bitch, so unless someone is expirienced with the editor, just hold your horses, it is sadly very limited in some respects.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"DCS World is the main public build, it has nothing to do with being stable" -Bignewy