Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC ×
Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC

why don't we have any vibration feedback sticks?

even on carappy 3rd party console pads have this feature. so can't be an expensive thing. why don't producers add this their non cheap in fact pricy products?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Probably because you don't usually hand hold a joystick?

I agree, something inducing vibrations would be an excellent feature, as would a top end joystick with force feedback - something that is way way overdue in my opinion. You'd think that force feedback rudder pedals and joysticks would have hit the marketplace long ago - a serious gap in the technology I feel.

Game consoles sell in the millions of units. We are a very small group, asking for our own types of toys.

You don't hand hold a joystick(?)

I'll just let that one go...

A bass shaker mounted near you stick base does wonders for those shakes you want.

Edited by JG14_Smil

There was a lawsuit between MicroSoft and another company who sued MS over copyright issues which effectively killed FFB. Logitech did make the G940 which had great potential only to be let down with very poor quality pots and wires that were too short in the throttle. I dont think we will see a return soon.

it's very sad.

i would imagine that vibration feedbacks while landing, rolling on the bumpy runway or getting hit by a missile.

i know only stick vibration is way too unsufficent but more than nothing.

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

You don't hand hold a joystick(?)

I'll just let that one go...

No you don't hand hold it, it is mounted on a base plate, and that base plate sits on the desk top. Unlike a XBox type controller, which is hand held. To prove my theory, try letting go of a. a joystick, and b. an XBox style controller. Notice how the XBox one hits the floor?

If you vibrate the base of a joystick, it makes a noise, if you do the same with a hand held controller, you feel the vibrations, and not the noise.

I can't believe you failed to grasp that concept without the in-depth explanation! As for the suggestion of a bass shaker close to the joystick, I'd hate to be living in the same house as you!

NeilWillis, read that statement by JG14 again with your funny hat on.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

;)

joystick-manche-trust-gxt555-vibration-p-pc-simulador-voo-151021-MLB20692963475_042016-F.jpg?square=false

These "generic" joysticks use the same controllers of generic gamepads, their throttle axis have middle curse deadzone. :P

Get or borrow one of these cheap "vibration" gamepad, test in game simultaneous with your joystick, if work, remove their unbalanced motors, extend the wires and fit inside your joystick grip. Brrrrrrrrrrrrr. :)

I see a CH stick with this "mod" in some page, time ago...

Edited by Sokol1_br

it's very sad.

i would imagine that vibration feedbacks while landing, rolling on the bumpy runway or getting hit by a missile.

i know only stick vibration is way too unsufficent but more than nothing.

Have a look at SimShaker with its "Butt-Feedback"... Even the Sound Expansion is way more immersive, than any mediocre FFB-Stick solution.

The only thing where FFB-Sticks excel is helicopter trim simulation, as it can lock/recenter the stick.

For force feedback SimShaker is currently the best solution available and superior to any rumble pad or FFB joystick.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=144060

• Like 1

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

This is my 1st post ever in the ED forums after being a lurker for yrs. Thought a good time to pipe in as I have been creating my new VR chair HOTAS setup over the last couple of months. Actually CH produced a FFB jstick basically a FFB F-16 stick. I owned one for yrs and it was actually pretty decent and had a very strong FFB response. Not like a gamepad shaker/simple vibration at all. It really had varied feedback and was even at times a bear to handle it was so strong yet could slip into an almost non resistant state as well..pretty cool.

I no longer have mine unfortunately but this thread caused me to take a look and what do you know. Can still find one! Maybe someone might want to grab it and see if they can mod it or use the Iforce api to work with DCS or similar.

Check it out if you never have seen one or were aware of them.

https://www.amazon.com/CH-Products-Feedback-Multi-Purpose-Controller/dp/B0103AVNKM

Anyways. Thanks for causing me to not be a lurker any more.

Torso(since 1998)

Looks like this one doesn't support win 10

Btw I tried my xbox360 pad but saw no rumble at all

Youtube

Next time I go into the attic I will dig it out and if it still works If it does I will try it on my WH extention. I had forgotten all about this as it was done some time ago. Well Win 10 sees it but NO rumble and there are no Win 10 drivers on their website

Edited by DD_Crash

For a time, I kept hoping that TM would put out a decent FFB stick. Afterall, they make some good FFB racing wheels (my brother uses them) and they cost more than the Warthog, last I checked.

After so many years, though, I have given up hope.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

This CH Force FX has drivers only for Windows.... 95(98?)

I actually used mine up to WinXP before I moved on to other controllers. I read somewhere someone got it working with Win7 as well. I just see some very smart enterprising guys here in the forums who have done some cool one-off stuff and figured hey, maybe someone could mod it to work as all the mechanics are done essentially and it is just an issue of interface/drivers and maybe updating connection type I was guessing. Perhaps a much larger task than I was guessing.

What is wrong with the seat shakers or whatever they are called? Like these: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=134704

After all the normal control column does not really vibrate it moves when buffeting or not even then depending on the plane.

I think Logitech has on cheap Vibration Only Joystick too... These joysticks are the cheapest because they offer almost nothing. I have a G940 and the vibration it produces is the most annoying and I deactivate it from FFB tuning menu.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

What is wrong with the seat shakers or whatever they are called? Like these: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=134704

After all the normal control column does not really vibrate it moves when buffeting or not even then depending on the plane.

I think Logitech has on cheap Vibration Only Joystick too... These joysticks are the cheapest because they offer almost nothing. I have a G940 and the vibration it produces is the most annoying and I deactivate it from FFB tuning menu.

Yep, even if you are afraid of a delivery from Russia with customs, you can simply use the Simshaker sound mod.

One or two bass transducers, an amp and a USB soundcard and you have the most immersive "force feedback" directly in your seat...

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)