[Official] SimShaker for Aviators

4 hours ago, evilnate said:

I have the game paused right now after taking off from a carrier. The vibrations are still persisting through the butt kicker (analog output), and here's what I see when I enable verbose logging in sound module. Seems like it's p1_12_0_1? Should also mention that the vibrations persist even when i'm back at the main menu.

Reveal hidden contents

17:0:6.24 Received: p1_12_0_1~0~0~0
17:0:10.305 Received: p1_12_0_1~1~100~-1
17:0:10.449 Received: p1_12_0_1~0~0~0
17:0:13.863 Received: p1_12_0_1~1~100~-1
17:0:14.2 Received: p1_12_0_1~0~0~0
17:0:17.561 Received: p1_12_0_1~1~100~-1
17:0:17.696 Received: p1_12_0_1~0~0~0
17:0:21.833 Received: p1_12_0_1~1~100~-1
17:0:21.975 Received: p1_12_0_1~0~0~0

image.png

Strength settings for the hornet

image.png

Thanks for helping me with this! I LOVE this mod for DCS.

p1_12_0_1 is the flap effect. The f18 moves the flaps/slats all the time for small bits, you can add some filtering to the increase the threshold when the effect should be played.

grafik.png

3 hours ago, Hawkeye_UK said:

has anyone else updated past 2.28 open beta, i have tried 2.29 and 2.30 and both will not work with errors and says microsoft net.

Unistalled gone back to 2.28 and works fine! 

Also it would be good if there was somewhere with a changelog rather than when you just install it, have looked everywhere and cannot find one, or rather one that is not current.

What error did you get? Could you please be a bit more precise...

Regarding the changelog. There will be a new SSA website soon where you can see the changelog before downloading...

5 hours ago, evilnate said:

I have the game paused right now after taking off from a carrier. The vibrations are still persisting through the butt kicker (analog output), and here's what I see when I enable verbose logging in sound module. Seems like it's p1_12_0_1? Should also mention that the vibrations persist even when i'm back at the main menu.

Hide contents

17:0:6.24 Received: p1_12_0_1~0~0~0
17:0:10.305 Received: p1_12_0_1~1~100~-1
17:0:10.449 Received: p1_12_0_1~0~0~0
17:0:13.863 Received: p1_12_0_1~1~100~-1
17:0:14.2 Received: p1_12_0_1~0~0~0
17:0:17.561 Received: p1_12_0_1~1~100~-1
17:0:17.696 Received: p1_12_0_1~0~0~0
17:0:21.833 Received: p1_12_0_1~1~100~-1
17:0:21.975 Received: p1_12_0_1~0~0~0

Strength settings for the hornet

Thanks for helping me with this! I LOVE this mod for DCS.

What if you disable Verbose Logging in the SimShaker Sound Module settings and try again? Will the issue persist?

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On 11/9/2021 at 7:25 AM, f4l0 said:

Can you identify which effect is running crazy? You could check the logs to see what is going on... Does the effect stop if you pause DCS?

1. From the looks of it, it's the effect from retracting your undercarriage: the same happens in the F-16 and F-14.
2. Yes but it resumes later. Also, when turning off my Realteus ForceFeel (via the physical button on the controller), everything stops (obviously) but resumes when I turn it back on.

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

I received today two bass shakers + nobsound amp and paired these with SSA + sound module.

Is there any custom effect settings most people use or I have to find on my own?

I also notice a delay 1-2'' when I press the esc button, is that normal?

tbh it feels a bit weird with the shaking 🙂

Edited by tomeye

On 11/4/2021 at 10:08 AM, juimo said:

Hello everybody!

I have used JetPad nearly 1½ year. It is a amazing device! I can't fly (DCS, MSFS) without it. With JetPad sim flying experience is really immersive! I do recommend it everyone flight sim enthusiast! I did these two gaps to the seat (attached image) for even more comfortable flying🤗

20211104_115252.jpg

Thank You  =Andre=    !!

^juimo

same here , best piece of kit ive bought next to my ms ffb2 and crosswinds

• Thanks 1

sig sm.png

walshtimothyWW2 virtual flier - currently playing on 4ya ww2 - youtube channel here

https://www.ww2adinfinitum.blog -  https://projectoverlord.co.uk/

3 hours ago, tomeye said:

I received today two bass shakers + nobsound amp and paired these with SSA + sound module.

Is there any custom effect settings most people use or I have to find on my own?

I also notice a delay 1-2'' when I press the esc button, is that normal?

tbh it feels a bit weird with the shaking 🙂

if by delay you mean you are feeling vibration right after you press ESC, for example, I think that´s normal.

• Thanks 1

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

Using SSA beta version, I am getting the error below. I did some troubleshooting using MS procmon and I found that every time I start SSA using DCS Updater the SSA uses/searches in the folder of dcs updater.

image.png

Check the procmon errorsimage.png

Edited by tomeye

8 hours ago, tomeye said:

Using SSA beta version, I am getting the error below. I did some troubleshooting using MS procmon and I found that every time I start SSA using DCS Updater the SSA uses/searches in the folder of dcs updater.

image.png

Check the procmon errorsimage.png

Interesting...

SSA uses relative paths, so it might be confused it's started in/from a different location. Can you define in the DCS Update Utility that it should run SSA in the installation folder? I know, that you can specify this for shortcuts.

On 11/9/2021 at 10:12 PM, f4l0 said:

p1_12_0_1 is the flap effect. The f18 moves the flaps/slats all the time for small bits, you can add some filtering to the increase the threshold when the effect should be played.

grafik.png

Thanks, that makes the runaway vibration more tolerable during flights but it still keeps going even after I go back to the main menu. I have to restart DCS to get it to stop. I'm staring to wonder if a complete reinstall would work since the DCS export repair didn't. If I do reinstall, do I need to email another registration request?

On 11/9/2021 at 10:43 PM, =Andre= said:

What if you disable Verbose Logging in the SimShaker Sound Module settings and try again? Will the issue persist?

Hi Andre. That was the first time I enabled verbose logging (hoped it would help pin point the cause). The effect keeps going even with verbose logging off.

On 11/10/2021 at 9:23 AM, RealDCSpilot said:

@evilnate Check this first: during flight with constant vibration, turn the jet seat off and on again to see if the constant vibration comes back instantly.

Even though the constant vibrating is just coming out of my butt kicker, I tried power cycling the jet seat and unfortunately there was no change in symptom.

The other odd observation is that I would expect the runaway effect to reset when I respawn into another plane but this is not the case. When I spawn on deck from a fresh DCS game loading the effect isn't a problem. Only after I launch from the cat.

I also got the following error when I tried loading in again with verbose logging enabled to collect more data. Not sure what it means, or if it's just related to verbose logging since I don't normally get this error.

image.png

Spawned on deck, no runaway vibrations.

image.png

After take off, went back to main menu, and spawned back on the ship.

image.png

Edited by evilnate

5 hours ago, evilnate said:

Thanks, that makes the runaway vibration more tolerable during flights but it still keeps going even after I go back to the main menu. I have to restart DCS to get it to stop. I'm staring to wonder if a complete reinstall would work since the DCS export repair didn't. If I do reinstall, do I need to email another registration request?

Hi Andre. That was the first time I enabled verbose logging (hoped it would help pin point the cause). The effect keeps going even with verbose logging off.

Even though the constant vibrating is just coming out of my butt kicker, I tried power cycling the jet seat and unfortunately there was no change in symptom.

The other odd observation is that I would expect the runaway effect to reset when I respawn into another plane but this is not the case. When I spawn on deck from a fresh DCS game loading the effect isn't a problem. Only after I launch from the cat.

I also got the following error when I tried loading in again with verbose logging enabled to collect more data. Not sure what it means, or if it's just related to verbose logging since I don't normally get this error.

image.png

Spawned on deck, no runaway vibrations.

image.png

After take off, went back to main menu, and spawned back on the ship.

image.png

Ok, if the ship is moving (fast) you will get ground bump effect. The reason is, DCS does not report that you are on a ship thus SSA only sees that your gear struts are compressed and that you have some velocity, thus it assumes you are rolling/skidding down the runways...
However, this should stop once you are airborn... Can you provide me a mission file and exact instructions the reproduce this?

@all beta testers

Any issues with the latest beta? I would like to release a new stable today thus I can start working on some other cool features...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, f4l0 said:

Ok, if the ship is moving (fast) you will get ground bump effect. The reason is, DCS does not report that you are on a ship thus SSA only sees that your gear struts are compressed and that you have some velocity, thus it assumes you are rolling/skidding down the runways...
However, this should stop once you are airborn... Can you provide me a mission file and exact instructions the reproduce this?

@all beta testers

Any issues with the latest beta? I would like to release a new stable today thus I can start working on some other cool features...

Hi f410,

Here's the miz I've been using for testing. I still think it's odd that the vibrations continutest.mize even when I get back to the main menu.

Another data point is that this started when I updated either SSSM or SSA, can't remember which.

Edited by evilnate

Changelog

SimShaker for Aviators is free, if you like it, consider to support the project and donate.

All notable changes to this project will be documented in this file.

Version 2.3.0 – stable release

Added

• Mosquito added
  • DCS: Mi-24P Hind added
  • Engine effect damping/reduction if airborne added for jet and prop engines
  • New Turbulence Effect Editor, can be found in the Special Options tab

Changed

• Small modifications in data handling in export.lua for DCS
  • Jet Engine Effect slightly tuned
  • A4C AoA slightly tuned

Fixed

• A4C support fixed
  • Added .NET framework 4.8 as prerequisit for installer and application
  • Various small fixes
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, f4l0 said:

Changelog

SimShaker for Aviators is free, if you like it, consider to support the project and donate.

All notable changes to this project will be documented in this file.

Version 2.3.0 – stable release

Added

• Mosquito added
  • DCS: Mi-24P Hind added
  • Engine effect damping/reduction if airborne added for jet and prop engines
  • New Turbulence Effect Editor, can be found in the Special Options tab

Changed

• Small modifications in data handling in export.lua for DCS
  • Jet Engine Effect slightly tuned
  • A4C AoA slightly tuned

Fixed

• A4C support fixed
  • Added .NET framework 4.8 as prerequisit for installer and application
  • Various small fixes

Is there a difference between this version and the last beta? 

I used the beta consistently and wonder, if I update to this release version, if I still get informed by the app when a new beta is released. 

15 minutes ago, Lt_Jaeger said:

Is there a difference between this version and the last beta? 

I used the beta consistently and wonder, if I update to this release version, if I still get informed by the app when a new beta is released. 

beta 2.2.11 = stable 2.3.0

• Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, evilnate said:

Updated to 2.3.0, repaired DCS export folder, and still have this runaway vibration. I wonder if I should reinstall entirely?

image.png

I didn't look into your issue yet... Maybe, I've some time tomorrow...

I just loaded your test mission, spawned on the carrier and everything seems fine... Then I just added some thrust and the Hornet started to roll. Then I hit ESC and watched the SoundModule output, after a few seconds the output stopped. By the way, I use SoundModule 2.20...

Edited by f4l0
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, f4l0 said:

I didn't look into your issue yet... Maybe, I've some time tomorrow...

I just loaded your test mission, spawned on the carrier and everything seems fine... Then I just added some thrust and the Hornet started to roll. Then I hit ESC and watched the SoundModule output, after a few seconds the output stopped. By the way, I use SoundModule 2.20...

I flew some more today and died a few times. At one point the constant flaps vibration stopped persisting after a couple of respawns.

I guess it's case closed for now. If it comes back I'll uninstall and reinstall. Thanks @f4l0

• Like 1

Thank you f4l0 for this great software! I just got yesterday my system with tranducers up and running. I have a few questions about these filters in Miscellaneous Effect Settings. Is a bigger value bigger effect, or is it a bigger dampping to the effect? Does these act like multipliers?  What is the max value you can use in those filters.

When I tried the demo version first with F/A-18C, that stall shudder effect was much bigger and noticeable than what I can have now with the full version. It was much more conviencing. Why is that?

P8P67 Deluxe, i7 2700k@4700MHz, 32GB, GTX1080Ti, Win10, HP Reverb G2, TM Hotas from 2002 serial:03070.

6 minutes ago, F4ttyRider said:

Thank you f4l0 for this great software! I just got yesterday my system with tranducers up and running. I have a few questions about these filters in Miscellaneous Effect Settings. Is a bigger value bigger effect, or is it a bigger dampping to the effect? Does these act like multipliers?  What is the max value you can use in those filters.

When I tried the demo version first with F/A-18C, that stall shudder effect was much bigger and noticeable than what I can have now with the full version. It was much more conviencing. Why is that?

Hey F4ttyRider,

these are basically reductions in gain. E.g.: gain -= gain * dampValue / 100;

Regarding the Sound Module. I'm not the dev of the addon, its @=Andre=. Please contact him if you have any issues...

10 minutes ago, F4ttyRider said:

I don't think that's possible. But you can get back to the demo mode by temporarily renaming "\Documents\SimShaker for Aviators\Soundmodule.cfg" and re-check.

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

11 hours ago, =Andre= said:

I don't think that's possible. But you can get back to the demo mode by temporarily renaming "\Documents\SimShaker for Aviators\Soundmodule.cfg" and re-check.

Ok, I check this. 

P8P67 Deluxe, i7 2700k@4700MHz, 32GB, GTX1080Ti, Win10, HP Reverb G2, TM Hotas from 2002 serial:03070.