[Official] SimShaker for Aviators

On 8/2/2021 at 8:02 PM, wasyl00 said:

I maybe do not understand. I wish to be able to adjust different strength of effects on second channel, or switch some of them off. How do I do that? 

I have looked for that as well, but I didn't find any solution to it in the simshaker software. My plan would be to use multiple two-channel power amps and then use the gain-setting on them to adjust for different volumes for each 2-channel zone. It could be possible if you can adjust volume (or balance) on all the channels in windows, that you could use windows to do what you want.

I have looked for that as well, but I didn't find any solution to it in the simshaker software. My plan would be to use multiple two-channel power amps and then use the gain-setting on them to adjust for different volumes for each 2-channel zone. It could be possible if you can adjust volume (or balance) on all the channels in windows, that you could use windows to do what you want.
I was referred to the manual and I think the only way to do it at the moment is to edit every single file in audio software. Create and edit another channel and adjust volume levels like that. I imagine this will take a lot of time and some trial and error.
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 10 Pro x64, Asus PG279Q, i7-6700K, Nvidia GTX1080TI, 16GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, TM Warthog, Saitek Combat Pro Rudder Pedals, TIR5+Trackclip

Due to some changes I had to change the download link for SSA:

Stable: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AldPAmClTeGqb2_OiwXQI-3aVZY

Beta: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AldPAmClTeGqcPhSkJhHNXS4pRM

Andre will change the links on the simshaker website soon...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, f4l0 said:

Due to some changes I had to change the download link for SSA:

Stable: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AldPAmClTeGqb2_OiwXQI-3aVZY

Beta: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AldPAmClTeGqcPhSkJhHNXS4pRM

Andre will change the links on the simshaker website soon...

Thank you for your work, the app is an amazing factor for flying.

• Like 2

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

• 2 weeks later...

Since February I have been enjoying the added emersion the SimShaker Jet Seat and Aviator software has provided me when flying DCS. Recently I transitioned to the Quest 2 and added an Astro A40 gaming headset. Why am I telling all of you this? Well I'm concerned that my recent upgrades may be the reason why the SimShaker Aviator software won't run and Andre directed me here to all the experts.

I started noticing the USB thumb drive icon (photo attached) would pop up in the hidden icons menu and during a cold boot of my pc I received a warning that I used up all of my USB ports. This was something new, prior to my upgrade I had never seen this. I headed into Discord and asked some of the guys I fly with and one of the recommendations was to purchase a powered USB hub so I did. That freed up several USB ports on the back of my pc but sadly that still did not solve the problem.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the software, I've tested the seat in Gametrix and sent Andre my most recent firmware log. I've made sure that everything is properly plugged in including the seat itself which is plugged into my pc, etc. but the program still will not run. When I double click on the desktop shortcut the icon appears for a few seconds in the hidden icons menu and then disappears. Have any of you experienced anything similar? Any thoughts on how to correct this would be very much appreciated.

icon.jpg

Edited by navyao

12 hours ago, navyao said:

Since February I have been enjoying the added emersion the SimShaker Jet Seat and Aviator software has provided me when flying DCS. Recently I transitioned to the Quest 2 and added an Astro A40 gaming headset. Why am I telling all of you this? Well I'm concerned that my recent upgrades may be the reason why the SimShaker Aviator software won't run and Andre directed me here to all the experts.

I started noticing the USB thumb drive icon (photo attached) would pop up in the hidden icons menu and during a cold boot of my pc I received a warning that I used up all of my USB ports. This was something new, prior to my upgrade I had never seen this. I headed into Discord and asked some of the guys I fly with and one of the recommendations was to purchase a powered USB hub so I did. That freed up several USB ports on the back of my pc but sadly that still did not solve the problem.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the software, I've tested the seat in Gametrix and sent Andre my most recent firmware log. I've made sure that everything is properly plugged in including the seat itself which is plugged into my pc, etc. but the program still will not run. When I double click on the desktop shortcut the icon appears for a few seconds in the hidden icons menu and then disappears. Have any of you experienced anything similar? Any thoughts on how to correct this would be very much appreciated.

icon.jpg

Do you get any error messages? Is there an error log in the folder you've installed SSA? If so, could you please share it with me?

So it looks like after several hours of moving USB's to different ports in the back of my pc and my hub that everything, including my JetSeat is working again. I did a search re. the software issue and one recommendation I found was to download the beta version of SimShaker for Aviators rather than the the alpha which I may have done back in February but I'm not sure. I learned that not everything will work in just any USB port too. Thanks f410 for your response and question, I appreciate your willingness to help.

• Like 4

Hi all,

I like SSA a lot - it definitely adds a new dimension of feedback to the flying.

While flying with it I had an idea for a new effect: slipball.

Would it be possible for SSA to buzz me on side of the slip? For instance, if the slip ball is out-of-center to the right it means you need to add right rudder pressure to bring it back to the center. If SSA would buzz me on the right side (could be whole, or partial side buzz) and I would add right rudder pressure to correct it, that would be awesome. For people that would have trouble with "same side buzz" the SSA advanced setting could provide a way to invert the buzz to the opposite side - meaning, left side would buzz, and pilot would apply right rudder pressure to correct it.

Keep up the good work!

Hi all

I will receive my JETPAD in a few days and I wonder if there any guideline or advice to set SSA parameters per each aircraft in advance (I own the Harrier, the Tomcat, and the Hornet)

Thanks and regards
The installation process is fairly straight forward. There are some helpful materials on the Simshaker website.
The software comes with a generic settings for each aircraft and these setting you would need to tweak to your liking.
You can equally watch a few guides on youtube on setting those level of vibration for your aircraft.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Hello,

I recently own simshaker for aviator and its extension for the butkicker gamer 2 and I find it great with DCS and recommend it to everyone.
I would still have a little suggestion to further improve the experience:

I explain myself, I also use other vibration management software for example in simracing.

and one of them that I would not mention has an option that I think might be interesting to add to simshaker.
It is the notion of priority which is manifested by a small box to be checked in front of the effect that we want to have priority.
so if I give priority to an effect whose vibration is subtle and brief, all the others are cut off during its execution, thus avoiding overlays and making it perceptible in the game.

I am thinking for example of the shutter which are very well rendered in simshaker but which are completely masked by the vibration of the piston engin.

but the cannon, or the missile release, the landing stick ect .... are also part of its more subtle effects that I would like to fully feel.

here is a small idea that I share ...
that doesn’t take away the fun of flying with simshaker.
Regards.

a simshaker fan

1 hour ago, CacooLR07 said:
little question.
recently my cannon effect no longer works on the spitfire.
the rest works very well.
an idea?
thank you

unlimited ammo, sir?

• Like 1

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

21 hours ago, CacooLR07 said:
Yes indeed.
thank you i didn't know
cordially

glad it was solved

• Like 1

Hi

I have this working really nicely now in DCS, but one thing I'd like to be able to control is to select which sound file is played for each event. So I would like finer control over which sound file is played for the weapon release event for example, at the moment, I think the same sound files are used for multiple events and I would like to tweak the files a little bit for specific uses. 

If that makes any sense at all. Is this baked into the code at the moment, or is there a config file somewhere I haven't seen?

Thanks

10 minutes ago, AndyPeacock said:

Hi

I have this working really nicely now in DCS, but one thing I'd like to be able to control is to select which sound file is played for each event. So I would like finer control over which sound file is played for the weapon release event for example, at the moment, I think the same sound files are used for multiple events and I would like to tweak the files a little bit for specific uses. 

If that makes any sense at all. Is this baked into the code at the moment, or is there a config file somewhere I haven't seen?

Thanks

Hi, I think that's hardcoded in SimShaker for Aviators.

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ignore

Edited by markturner1960

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

Hi all, I've been troubleshooting performance issues all day with DCS Beta as I've been locked at 65FPS no matter what DCS settings I opt for. I know that I should be getting decent performance given I've a 6900XT paired with a 5900X and 32GB RAM. Once I've been getting in to the weeds and doing some research, I noticed others had scripts related issues such as winwing and helios. I removed WinWing from the export lua which increased FPS from 32 to 64 which was a major improvement but I went further and removed SSA and I then started to see 100+ on my 4K screen which is whereI'd expect the performance to be. I re-added the SSA scripts and LUA code in to the export lua and once again, back to 65 FPS locked.

Question, are there any scripting changes within the SSA script lua files that can unlock the FPS or is there a setting I'm not aware of to unlimit the FPS? I really want/need to keep the SSA working as I've invested in a lot of transducers and an AMP and really can't play vanilla with no feedback anymore.

Help given will be gratefully received!

PS I've the SSA and the Sound Module from Andre.

Cheers

Ward8124

Edited by ward8124

EVGA GTX1080TISC2 Black Hybrid Cooler, Asus Strix X399, Water cooled ThreadRipper 1920X, Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz,NVME Samsung 250/500GB SSDs, Corsair Air 740 case, Acer Predator 34' Gsync curved display + 3x Alienware 23inch 120hz monitors. TM HOTAS, RAZER - Tiamat,Blackwidow, Mamba, Tartarus and Oculus Rift CV1/DK2 + TrackIR5, MFG crosswinds

Oh and a very understanding wife.

9 hours ago, ward8124 said:

Question, are there any scripting changes within the SSA script lua files that can unlock the FPS or is there a setting I'm not aware of to unlimit the FPS? I really want/need to keep the SSA working as I've invested in a lot of transducers and an AMP and really can't play vanilla with no feedback anymore.

Have you tried playing with the frame rate limiter in special options?

Screenshot 2021-08-30 211539.png

I did mate, it was the first thing I checked - currently set to None so assume that must mean it's unlocked FPS wise unless I'm misunderstanding this performance option?

EVGA GTX1080TISC2 Black Hybrid Cooler, Asus Strix X399, Water cooled ThreadRipper 1920X, Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz,NVME Samsung 250/500GB SSDs, Corsair Air 740 case, Acer Predator 34' Gsync curved display + 3x Alienware 23inch 120hz monitors. TM HOTAS, RAZER - Tiamat,Blackwidow, Mamba, Tartarus and Oculus Rift CV1/DK2 + TrackIR5, MFG crosswinds

Oh and a very understanding wife.