[Official] SimShaker for Aviators

I've just bought a Jetseat, installed the Gametrix and SSA software but now get no joy - the seat is working but it doesn't fire up for DCS. Any helpful thoughts?

Thanks for your help

• The jetseat tests just fine using the test buttons in both Gametrix and SSA – vibrates as it should

• In SSA it is set to DCS and does show the three generic modes -jet, piston and heli – but no others even after I have flown each in DCS (AV8, F18, P47 and F5 so far)

• Gametrix is in USB mode

• Seat is plugged in and registers in the DCS control settings as a device along with my joy, throttle and pedals

• Seat power is on and turned up high

• I’ve scoured the manual for both the seat and SSA and then checked this forum page for clues but nothing is apparent

• Andre suggests that SSA is not receiving the telemetry data from DCS

• Snip of the debug log is attached but doesn't seem to suggest any obvious failures
  • I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled SSA 3 times now. Using the stable version of SSA and open beta of DCS. But I did try open beta of SSA too at one point – still no joy

Simshaker Aviators no working.JPG

18 hours ago, Ala12Rv-Tundra said:

Does SSA work with Mi8 helicopter? it doesn´t show on the list, so I guess I will have to adjust generic effects

Yes it should work...

8 hours ago, MrShooty said:

I've just bought a Jetseat, installed the Gametrix and SSA software but now get no joy - the seat is working but it doesn't fire up for DCS. Any helpful thoughts?

Thanks for your help

• The jetseat tests just fine using the test buttons in both Gametrix and SSA – vibrates as it should

• In SSA it is set to DCS and does show the three generic modes -jet, piston and heli – but no others even after I have flown each in DCS (AV8, F18, P47 and F5 so far)

• Gametrix is in USB mode

• Seat is plugged in and registers in the DCS control settings as a device along with my joy, throttle and pedals

• Seat power is on and turned up high

• I’ve scoured the manual for both the seat and SSA and then checked this forum page for clues but nothing is apparent

• Andre suggests that SSA is not receiving the telemetry data from DCS

• Snip of the debug log is attached but doesn't seem to suggest any obvious failures
  •  

I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled SSA 3 times now. Using the stable version of SSA and open beta of DCS. But I did try open beta of SSA too at one point – still no joy

Simshaker Aviators no working.JPG

Could you please show me your export.lua?

9 hours ago, MrShooty said:

These are the two export files I found in scripts/simshaker-export-core. Are these the ones you meant? Thanks for your advice.

ExportCore.lua 1.82 kB · 0 downloads ExportDevice.lua 1006 B · 0 downloads

There should be a Export.lua in your DCS profile folder.

8 hours ago, f4l0 said:

There should be a Export.lua in your DCS profile folder.

This is the only other export.lua that comes up with a search. It's in my saved games/dcsopenbeta/scripts folder but does contain mention of simshaker. Any good? If not can you be more specific about the directory I should be searching? Thanks again for your help.

Contents read:

pcall(function() local dcsSr=require('lfs');dofile(dcsSr.writedir()..[[Mods\Services\DCS-SRS\Scripts\DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua]]); end,nil);

local SimShakerlfs=require('lfs'); dofile(SimShakerlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/SimShaker.lua')

dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[Scripts\SimShaker-export-core\ExportCore.lua]])

Export.lua

16 hours ago, MrShooty said:

This is the only other export.lua that comes up with a search. It's in my saved games/dcsopenbeta/scripts folder but does contain mention of simshaker. Any good? If not can you be more specific about the directory I should be searching? Thanks again for your help.

Contents read:

pcall(function() local dcsSr=require('lfs');dofile(dcsSr.writedir()..[[Mods\Services\DCS-SRS\Scripts\DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua]]); end,nil);

local SimShakerlfs=require('lfs'); dofile(SimShakerlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/SimShaker.lua')

Export.lua 319 B · 0 downloads

Could you try to change the file to:

11 hours ago, f4l0 said:

Could you try to change the file to:

Thanks F410. I copied and pasted into a new export folder (and  renamed and saved the old one as a backup) but still no joy.

I checked in the Scripts/Hooks folder and noticed that both SRS and Tacview have a hooks lua file but SSA does not. Could that be the issue?

My flight log snip s attached

Any other ideas? This is killing me so thanks for your help.

Simshaker Aviators no working 3Jun21.JPG

On 6/3/2021 at 9:04 PM, MrShooty said:

Thanks F410. I copied and pasted into a new export folder (and  renamed and saved the old one as a backup) but still no joy.

I checked in the Scripts/Hooks folder and noticed that both SRS and Tacview have a hooks lua file but SSA does not. Could that be the issue?

My flight log snip s attached

Any other ideas? This is killing me so thanks for your help.

Simshaker Aviators no working 3Jun21.JPG

You might backup your export.lua and hit the "DCS Repair Export" button...

On 6/5/2021 at 7:55 AM, f4l0 said:

You might backup your export.lua and hit the "DCS Repair Export" button...

Thanks. I tried that too and no joy in DCS. I also tried turning off virus scans and still not working. Any other thoughts?

I've gotten IL2 working with Simshaker Wings so I know that the seat can do it.

On 6/6/2021 at 10:11 PM, MrShooty said:

Thanks. I tried that too and no joy in DCS. I also tried turning off virus scans and still not working. Any other thoughts?

I've gotten IL2 working with Simshaker Wings so I know that the seat can do it.

Can you show me you DCS log file?

This is today's log. Again, no joy from SSA with the jetseat directly plugged into the PC (no hub). Thanks again.

dcs.log 4.73 MB · 0 downloads

The log contains an error:

2021-06-08 19:56:09.590 ERROR   Lua::Config: Call error LuaExportStart:<LUA_TTABLE>
stack traceback:
	[C]: ?
	[C]: in function 'try'
	[string "C:\Users\qjman\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\SimShaker-export-core\Network.lua"]:110: in function 'send'
	[string "C:\Users\qjman\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\SimShaker-export-core\Network.lua"]:241: in function 'sendMessage'
	[string "C:\Users\qjman\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\SimShaker-export-core\Protocol.lua"]:62: in function 'newUnit'
	[string "C:\Users\qjman\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\SimShaker-export-core\Protocol.lua"]:18: in function 'init'
	[string "C:\Users\qjman\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\SimShaker-export-core\ExportCore.lua"]:14: in function 'init'
	[string "C:\Users\qjman\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\SimShaker-export-core\ExportCore.lua"]:26: in function <[string "C:\Users\qjman\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\SimShaker-export-core\ExportCore.lua"]:25>.

The Network.lua script tries to send a multicast message to 239.255.50.10 on port 12843. So, something is blocking the communication. Might be a firewall issue. However, you could try to fix the firewall issue or to add "--" in front of the code line 110 in the C:\Users\qjman\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\SimShaker-export-core\Network.luanetwork.lua file:

--socket.try(self.conn:sendto(msg, "239.255.50.10", 12843))

Maybe  I'll rework the network.lua in the future, the multicast is not necessary for SSA.

Hi all,

I am unable to get the SimShaker to work on DCS. I went into the Service tab in the SimShaker Version 2.2.0.0, and in there I can see all the code lines changing when I am in DCS, however it does not work when I am in the game. Any idea why? Thanks for your help!

Scrat

Yes, I confirm that SSA stopped working for me as well. Might that be something related to the latest patch?

I also get this error from SSA when DCS loads the mission:

image.png

If I then close and reopen SSA with DCS already loaded, it seems to work

Edited by =36=Witcher

14 hours ago, f4l0 said:

The log contains an error:

2021-06-08 19:56:09.590 ERROR   Lua::Config: Call error LuaExportStart:<LUA_TTABLE>
stack traceback:
	[C]: ?
	[C]: in function 'try'
	[string "C:\Users\qjman\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\SimShaker-export-core\Network.lua"]:110: in function 'send'
	[string "C:\Users\qjman\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\SimShaker-export-core\Network.lua"]:241: in function 'sendMessage'
	[string "C:\Users\qjman\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\SimShaker-export-core\Protocol.lua"]:62: in function 'newUnit'
	[string "C:\Users\qjman\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\SimShaker-export-core\Protocol.lua"]:18: in function 'init'
	[string "C:\Users\qjman\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\SimShaker-export-core\ExportCore.lua"]:14: in function 'init'
	[string "C:\Users\qjman\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\SimShaker-export-core\ExportCore.lua"]:26: in function <[string "C:\Users\qjman\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\SimShaker-export-core\ExportCore.lua"]:25>.

The Network.lua script tries to send a multicast message to 239.255.50.10 on port 12843. So, something is blocking the communication. Might be a firewall issue. However, you could try to fix the firewall issue or to add "--" in front of the code line 110 in the C:\Users\qjman\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\SimShaker-export-core\Network.luanetwork.lua file:

--socket.try(self.conn:sendto(msg, "239.255.50.10", 12843))

Maybe  I'll rework the network.lua in the future, the multicast is not necessary for SSA.

Sorry to ask but does that Network file autocorrect itself somehow? I've tried literally ten times to alter line 110 as you suggest using several different lua editors. When I save a open, the alteration (adding "--" to line 110 to make it a comment) then the edit it there. After I run DCS it is back as was. I've even deleted the line completely and it returns. So I'm thinking that the line in the network.lua file is getting written each time DCS runs and I need to edit a source file. Any thoughts as to where that source file is? Thanks again.

Sorry to ask but does that Network file autocorrect itself somehow? I've tried literally ten times to alter line 110 as you suggest using several different lua editors. When I save a open, the alteration (adding "--" to line 110 to make it a comment) then the edit it there. After I run DCS it is back as was. I've even deleted the line completely and it returns. So I'm thinking that the line in the network.lua file is getting written each time DCS runs and I need to edit a source file. Any thoughts as to where that source file is? Thanks again.

Hmm, yeah. SSA updates this file on each launch... You could set the file to "write protect".

11 hours ago, =36=Witcher said:

Yes, I confirm that SSA stopped working for me as well. Might that be something related to the latest patch?

I also get this error from SSA when DCS loads the mission:

image.png

If I then close and reopen SSA with DCS already loaded, it seems to work

I'll check on my side...

15 hours ago, -Scrat- said:

Hi all,

I am unable to get the SimShaker to work on DCS. I went into the Service tab in the SimShaker Version 2.2.0.0, and in there I can see all the code lines changing when I am in DCS, however it does not work when I am in the game. Any idea why? Thanks for your help!

Scrat

Could you please show me your export.lua and dcs.log file?

@f4l0Just stopping by to remind myself to say "Thank You!" for this great tool. It bumped my immersive experience up so much for DCS and those "full body" haptics really improve flying by enhancing informative feedback for each aircraft.

• Like 6

i9 13900K @5.5GHz, Z790 Gigabyte Aorus Master, RTX4090 Waterforce, 64 GB DDR5 @5600, Pico 4, HOTAS & Rudder: all Virpil with Rhino FFB base made by VPforce, DCS: all modules

On 6/10/2021 at 5:47 AM, f4l0 said:

Hmm, yeah. SSA updates this file on each launch... You could set the file to "write protect".

I'll check on my side...

Could you please show me your export.lua and dcs.log file?

I tried setting the network file to write protect but it just sends up an error and then doesn't fix the issue. Here's the log from doing that. As ever, any tips or tricks are most welcome - I really want to get simshaker running for DCS.

Export.lua dcs.log

10 hours ago, MrShooty said:

I tried setting the network file to write protect but it just sends up an error and then doesn't fix the issue. Here's the log from doing that. As ever, any tips or tricks are most welcome - I really want to get simshaker running for DCS.

Export.lua 325 B · 1 download dcs.log 232.93 kB · 0 downloads

The log looks clean to me. Which error did you get?

Good morning. I have a problem with simshaker aviator beta and release last version.

I had to disconnect the PC to change a faulty RAM module, I reconnected it and now both the simshaker for aviators beta and release are closed after a few seconds of starting it, I understand that it may be that it is not connected to the same USB as before the realteus pad.

I deleted all the remnants of the simshaker for aviators software and reinstalled it again but I still have the same problem. Any suggestions as to where the problem may come from?. thanks

Edited by Werewolf_fs

hace 13 horas, Werewolf_fs dijo:

Good morning. I have a problem with simshaker aviator beta and release last version.

I had to disconnect the PC to change a faulty RAM module, I reconnected it and now both the simshaker for aviators beta and release are closed after a few seconds of starting it, I understand that it may be that it is not connected to the same USB as before the realteus pad.

I deleted all the remnants of the simshaker for aviators software and reinstalled it again but I still have the same problem. Any suggestions as to where the problem may come from?. thanks

I answer myself. I had to reinstall in a different folder than the default or different from the previous installation and fixed. (V2.2.0 and 2.2.1/2.2.2 beta)

Curiously versions 2.0 and earlier if they worked without problems.

Edited by Werewolf_fs