[Official] SimShaker for Aviators

8 hours ago, =Andre= said:

In a case like this, when SimShaker for Aviators controls are not effective enough, I could recommend to try to reduce JetPad power voltage from 12 Volt to 9 Volts. You will need a power adapter which provides DC 9 Volts and current between 1.0 to 2.0 Amper with a proper connector (5.5 / 2.5 mm or 5.5 / 2.1 mm, positive contact inside). That will make the JetPad motors behaviour much closer to the old pad which SimShaker for Aviators developer (i.e f4l0) has.

@=Andre=: Brilliant!

I was hesitant to ask about other power adapters with different Amper ratings for fear of causing issues with the JetPad.

When I get a chance to try a 9V 1 or 2 Amp adapter I will.. Thanks! 

Edited by YSIAD_RIP
  • Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

14 hours ago, YSIAD_RIP said:

@=Andre=: Brilliant!

I was hesitant to ask about other power adapters with different Amper ratings for fear of causing issues with the JetPad.

When I get a chance to try a 9V 1 or 2 Amp adapter I will.. Thanks! 

Guys, please note that different Amper ratings is not the key factor here. It should be just enough to feed the device. As I mentioned above, something between 1 and 2 Amper should be quite enough. If one pays more for more powerful adapter, he just wastes his money.

But voltage (i.e. electrical potential ) is the key factor. If one prefer rather subtle vibration than strong, that may be a way to go. I would recommend to play around with values from 7 to 9 Volts. I could see in stores adapters featuring the variable output, which could be handy for fine tuning.

Edited by =Andre=

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

44 minutes ago, =Andre= said:

Guys, please note that different Amper ratings is not the key factor here. It should be just enough to feed the device. As I mentioned above, something between 1 and 2 Amper should be quite enough. If one pay more for more powerful adapter, he just wastes his money.

But voltage (i.e. electrical potential ) is the key factor. If one prefer rather subtle vibration than strong, that may be a way to go. I would recommend to play around with values from 7 to 9 Volts. I could see in stores adapters featuring the variable output, which could be handy for fine tuning.

I do have a variable power supply on my electronics bench that I could use to find the optimum value.  It would also tell me how many amps the seat is drawing at any given time to provide some guidance there.  I dont have the time to do all that today or tomorrow, but maybe towards the end of the week I could experiment and see what results I get. 

Edited by j9murphy
  • Like 1

I cannot get my JetSeat to connect for the life of me in either the JetSeat control panel or Aviator. Its powered on and connected via USB, but will not connect. Ive tried multiple USB extensions and power adapters. No go on all of them. Was working fine before about a month ago. Any advice?

I also cannot redownload aviator beta as all the links are down or broken.

3 hours ago, M0ltar said:

I cannot get my JetSeat to connect for the life of me in either the JetSeat control panel or Aviator. Its powered on and connected via USB, but will not connect. Ive tried multiple USB extensions and power adapters. No go on all of them. Was working fine before about a month ago. Any advice?

I also cannot redownload aviator beta as all the links are down or broken.

Hi @M0ltar ,  sorry to hear about your situation..  If I follow the pattern of troubleshooting JetSeats - Have you Tried the Reload The JetSeats Firmware Procedure? 

Edited by YSIAD_RIP
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

On 5/11/2021 at 6:37 PM, =Andre= said:

Guys, please note that different Amper ratings is not the key factor here. It should be just enough to feed the device. As I mentioned above, something between 1 and 2 Amper should be quite enough. If one pays more for more powerful adapter, he just wastes his money.

I have tried a lower voltage. Unfortunately I don't have variable voltage (yet) but some fixed ones. 7.5 volts seems to low, there is hardly anything happening then. 9 volts is much better (perhaps a bit too strong). Anyway it feels much better now than the original 12 volts. Perhaps the sweet spot, for me, will be around 8-8.5 volts. Have to try it out with a variable regulator after I have bought one 🙂

• Like 1

17 hours ago, qvdg said:

Hi, with clouds now affecting sensors, does 2.7 export an 'in cloud' type message that could be exploited by ssa to simulate a "cloud turbulence" effect ?

Cheers

For turbulence SSA uses force and wind changes, so if clouds are modelled correctly, the should trigger the turbulence effect. There is a turbulence effect editor in SSA which shows the wind changes in a visual graph, just try it out...

12 hours ago, dromer1967 said:

9 volts is much better (perhaps a bit too strong). 

Please have in mind the vibration strength dial at the remote control uini as well. You can enable it for USB mode as described in the User Guide https://simshaker.com/guides/jetpad

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1 hour ago, =Andre= said:

Please have in mind the vibration strength dial at the remote control uini as well. You can enable it for USB mode as described in the User Guide https://simshaker.com/guides/jetpad

I could not get this to work with the English version and was reluctant to install a version which I could not read 🙂

I have tried it conform the manual/pictures you referred to and this indeed works much better. The trick is that you have to reconnect the jetseat (using the button in the control panel) on every change of the dial. Otherwise the SSA control panel doesn't seem to pick it up. Once you know that, the dial works fine.

And it seems that turning it down to minimum also turns down the motors enough. So there is no need for a power supply with a lower voltage. I hope other people read this so they don't buy a lower voltage power supply for this as I have 😎

4 minutes ago, dromer1967 said:

I could not get this to work with the English version and was reluctant to install a version which I could not read 🙂

I have tried it conform the manual/pictures you referred to and this indeed works much better. The trick is that you have to reconnect the jetseat (using the button in the control panel) on every change of the dial. Otherwise the SSA control panel doesn't seem to pick it up. Once you know that, the dial works fine.

And it seems that turning it down to minimum also turns down the motors enough. So there is no need for a power supply with a lower voltage. I hope other people read this so they don't buy a lower voltage power supply for this as I have 😎

I think that both of these methods can complement each other, if one was not enough

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

2 minutes ago, =Andre= said:

I think that both of these methods can complement each other, if one was not enough

You are correct that of course everyone has it's own preference in how strong the motors should be. It's always good to have alternatives. People should start using the dial first (keeping in mind that at least for SSA you have to reconnect the seat after every change in the dial) and if that's not enough they can use a lower voltage power supply.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, f4l0 said:

For turbulence SSA uses force and wind changes, so if clouds are modelled correctly, the should trigger the turbulence effect. There is a turbulence effect editor in SSA which shows the wind changes in a visual graph, just try it out...

Hi ,

I did try by setting turb in DCS and played with the SSA thresholds but felt no effect in clouds.

Cheers

SOLVED ...

Tomorrow I expect my jetseat to arrive. Last week I installed Simshaker for aviators and the jetseat controller software to get to learn the software. However since I installed the Simshaker software I have a massive loss in performance in my DCS VR experience. Before installing the software I had no issues at all. I removed both SSA and the Jetseat control panel software. But my previous performance was not restored, I still find orphanage files from the Simshaker for aviators files in my Saved Games/Script DCS folder. Both in Open beta and normal DCS installation. I suspect these export.lua files slow down my DCS VR performance both in DCS open beta and stable DCS. Does anybody know which left over files could be causing my performance problems and how to get rid of them? Maybe if my jetseat arrives and is plugged in the problems will vanish?

Solved

The problem was indeed a new NVIDIA driver update (29-04-2021), after rolling back to previous one it all went smooth again.

Edited by buin

On 5/13/2021 at 5:30 AM, =Andre= said:

I ordered a 9V adapter and tried it out last night and I found it to solve the problem for me.  The lower end of the effects (Values less than 10 or 20) are much more subtle but they can still be cranked up to be strong enough to thump you.  Solves the issue for me.  I ordered this one from Amazon US if anyone else is interested in going this route.  Cord is a little shorter than I would have liked, but at under $10 was worth a go: 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01ASX6RBO

• Thanks 1

@WinOrLose, SimShaker for Aviators (SSA) automatically detects supported DCS Module Aircraft and Helicopters when you first fly them in DCS.

There is the following message in the SSA ->> Attention: Tailored aircraft entries are only added when a support aircraft is used in the simulation!

• That message is your reminder that the Current aircraft will be detected when the plane is loaded. You can hit the refresh button in the Model Field to have that updated if required.  
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, buin said:

Tomorrow I expect my jetseat to arrive. Last week I installed Simshaker for aviators and the jetseat controller software to get to learn the software. However since I installed the Simshaker software I have a massive loss in performance in my DCS VR experience. Before installing the software I had no issues at all. I removed both SSA and the Jetseat control panel software. But my previous performance was not restored, I still find orphanage files from the Simshaker for aviators files in my Saved Games/Script DCS folder. Both in Open beta and normal DCS installation. I suspect these export.lua files slow down my DCS VR performance both in DCS open beta and stable DCS. Does anybody know which left over files could be causing my performance problems and how to get rid of them? Maybe if my jetseat arrives and is plugged in the problems will vanish?

At the same time of installing the SIMshaker software there was a Nvidia driver update as well. I removed this driver update and went back to previous version however the problem remains so i have to pinpoint it back to the SSA software.

Please try again when you seat arrives...
However, you could attach you export.lua and I'll have a look...

• Like 1

Hi all,

ist there anyone from Germany here who can tell me how to get one of these seats or an anlogue?

It´s the last puzzle piece to my setup, but my Realteus ForceFeel order from 2019 never materialized and apparently there are no shipping options to Germany for this one.

Cheers!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deedle, deedle!

9 hours ago, YSIAD_RIP said:

@WinOrLose, SimShaker for Aviators (SSA) automatically detects supported DCS Module Aircraft and Helicopters when you first fly them in DCS.

There is the following message in the SSA ->> Attention: Tailored aircraft entries are only added when a support aircraft is used in the simulation!

• That message is your reminder that the Current aircraft will be detected when the plane is loaded. You can hit the refresh button in the Model Field to have that updated if required.  

Is there any way to get some effects on non-supported aircrafts, i.e. the Edge 540 mod?

I just get a error window saying "Oops something is wrong with SimShaker input data..."

• Like 1

@UlfBert, good question.  One short answer is today there is no "official way".

• There have been 2 instances, so far, where you can indirectly get some unsupported mods to work by flying a supported plane first then making sure the next plane you fly in DCS is the unsupported Mod.
    • Example 1:   Fly the M2000C.  Next fly the MB-339 Mod and you will get some SimShaker Affects.
    • Example 2:  Fly the A-4E-C. Next fly the excellent new VNAO T-45 and you will get some ShimShaker Affects.
    • Try to fly some other Supported Prop planes in DCS like the TF-51D, P51, Christen Eagle..etc. After each try the Edge 540 to see if you get a result.

Since none of this is supported and SimShaker for Aviators is Free in the first place, I do not expect any of the above to work consistently or after any updates. 

Good luck. 

• Like 1

Hi all - was wondering if there was something we could do to enable Simshaker to recognise an unsupported mod. Is there a file we could make or a name we could add? The T-45 is a wonderful mod and would love to add the Simshaker to the mix. Thanks

• Like 1

Hi all,

This is probably a silly question, but I have not been able to solve it yet. My setup consist on a BK gamer 2. I installed simshaker for aviators and test the basic demo effect of the simshaker sound module. After checking everything worked correctly (I could effectively feel the stall effects and taxi bumps) I decided to purchase the full licence for the simshakker module. My issue is that now, the engine rumble is overwhelming others effects, like for example using cannon. I tried to use the limiting compressor as well as to play with different sound levels (from the BK amplifier), but nothing really worked yet. Any advice, recomendation to reduce the engine rumble so I will be able to better feel others effects?

Thank you in advance, this is a wonderful community,

Eric

On 5/11/2021 at 4:36 PM, YSIAD_RIP said:

Hi @M0ltar ,  sorry to hear about your situation..  If I follow the pattern of troubleshooting JetSeats - Have you Tried the Reload The JetSeats Firmware Procedure? 

Followed your directions and we are up and running again! Thank you so much!