[Official] SimShaker for Aviators

simshaker_error.JPG

Any news on an update that will fix this?  Two of these messages pop up 'behind' DCS most of the time, and often I cannot click the ok button because it won't come to the top above DCS.  No rush.  Just want to make sure it's on the radar to be fixed.

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

5 hours ago, Snacko said:

simshaker_error.JPG

Any news on an update that will fix this?  Two of these messages pop up 'behind' DCS most of the time, and often I cannot click the ok button because it won't come to the top above DCS.  No rush.  Just want to make sure it's on the radar to be fixed.

Do you use the auto start feature? It's currently buggy... Maybe I've some spare time over the weekend to investigate this...

9 hours ago, f4l0 said:

Do you use the auto start feature? It's currently buggy... Maybe I've some spare time over the weekend to investigate this...

Oh.. yes I did.  I'll turn that off and do it manually.  Duh..  😜

EDIT: Not sure where to turn that off.  I have the SS Starter run at Windows Start and it sits in the System Tray.  Do you mean turn off the Start with Windows?  Or is there somewhere else to stop it from auto-launching SSA when I start DCS.  

Edited by Snacko

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

i used sounds and put them in the customized folder..and i was able to use wav files of my choosing..

i have to give many thanks for the simshaker developers.

it has given life to my minigun doorgun project.

❤️ @f4l0 @=Andre=

Edited by hannibal
  • Like 2

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

I have seen cpu spikes after shutting down DCS until I tell Simshaker for Aviators to exit, so prefer manual for now.

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

4 hours ago, Snacko said:

Oh.. yes I did.  I'll turn that off and do it manually.  Duh..  😜

EDIT: Not sure where to turn that off.  I have the SS Starter run at Windows Start and it sits in the System Tray.  Do you mean turn off the Start with Windows?  Or is there somewhere else to stop it from auto-launching SSA when I start DCS.  

Yes auto start with windows...

19 minutes ago, Uxi said:

I have seen cpu spikes after shutting down DCS until I tell Simshaker for Aviators to exit, so prefer manual for now.

SSA checks periodically if DCS or another sim is running, thus it wakes up...
The spikes should not be that large...

So I'm having a problem where using the F14A reuslts in a crash. It only happens in the 14A, B works fine. Is there a known fix for this? 

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

13 hours ago, Harlikwin said:

So I'm having a problem where using the F14A reuslts in a crash. It only happens in the 14A, B works fine. Is there a known fix for this? 

Do you get any error message? Which SSA version do you use?

9 hours ago, f4l0 said:

Do you get any error message? Which SSA version do you use?

Yeah its like a page long of gibbersih, its the SS for aviators. 

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

1 hour ago, Harlikwin said:

Yeah its like a page long of gibbersih, its the SS for aviators. 

Yeah, but that gibbersih does tell what the issue is, otherwise I've no idea what's wrong on your side...
I mean which SSA version, stable, beta, which version number?

The F14A was just added some releases ago, maybe you are on an old version...

On 3/17/2021 at 10:14 AM, f4l0 said:

Yeah, but that gibbersih does tell what the issue is, otherwise I've no idea what's wrong on your side...
I mean which SSA version, stable, beta, which version number?

The F14A was just added some releases ago, maybe you are on an old version...

I've installed the latest stable version. Here is the mile long error mesage.

simshaker error.PNG

Works with F-14A in mine. I was getting that error on the old beta that didn't support F-14A yet.  Can you do a screenshot where it shows the version? 

Edited by Uxi

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

11 minutes ago, Uxi said:

Works with F-14A in mine. I was getting that error on the old beta that didn't support F-14A yet.  Can you do a screenshot where it shows the version? 

I literally downloaded the latest stable yesterday and took that screenshot. Maybe I need to just delete the whole thing and start over.

The F14A was added in beta 2.1.5 and should be in the latest stable. But please verify that you are on 2.2.0. Otherwise you could try the current beta. And remember, it's always a good idea to take some backups of you settings...

• Like 1

Is there any source for custom „sounds“/ effects? Didn‘t found any in the user files section.

Don‘t get me wrong - I don‘t want to criticize the default sounds,

some of them just don‘t work for me.

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

3 minutes ago, Hiob said:

Is there any source for custom „sounds“/ effects? Didn‘t found any in the user files section.

Don‘t get me wrong - I don‘t want to criticize the default sounds,

some of them just don‘t work for me.

Hmm.... What do you mean under the source? You can use whatever you want as a source.

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9 hours ago, f4l0 said:

The F14A was added in beta 2.1.5 and should be in the latest stable. But please verify that you are on 2.2.0. Otherwise you could try the current beta. And remember, it's always a good idea to take some backups of you settings...

Aha, this was the problem, apparently I had 3 different versions installed and it was starting the oldest one by default. Thanks!

35 minutes ago, =Andre= said:

Hmm.... What do you mean under the source? You can use whatever you want as a source.

No I meant, is there a place where I can find custom effects?

For most aspects of DCS there are user-made enhancements, like textures or skins and so on - usually you can find this in the download section under user files.

But I didn‘t find any custom effects for simshaker.. 

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

1 hour ago, Hiob said:

For most aspects of DCS there are user-made enhancements, like textures or skins and so on - usually you can find this in the download section under user files.

I was playing around the other day and just searched for 'bass rumbling'.  Found some Youtube videos and recorded several seconds into Audacity.  Found many variations..  You need to know how to export them.  It's not hard, and google helped me figure it out.  Haven't gone any further with that yet, but I liked what found for engines, ground bumps, ab, and other effects.

2 hours ago, Hiob said:

I'm afraid there is no such a source.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I tried to modify the effects with a wave-editor on my own, but boy, am I uncreative... 😅

I thought by now, somebody more creative already had added to your fantastic project!

Doesn‘t matter, like it anyway! 👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The idea is definitely intriguing.  Where to start, though?  

For what categories would we want different wave files?

Specs & Wishlist:

13 hours ago, Hiob said:

I tried to modify the effects with a wave-editor on my own, but boy, am I uncreative... 😅

I thought by now, somebody more creative already had added to your fantastic project!

Doesn‘t matter, like it anyway! 👍

I think you can find a few files/file sets here in the related forum threads, but not much.

I'm sorry. I'm mostly focused on JetSeat/JetPad related issues.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]