[Official] SimShaker for Aviators

13 hours ago, Avenger31 said:

I didnt get any answer regarding Hercules mod? Any time or never? I know you @f4l0 are bussy even with regular dcs modules but i asume if a4 is gatting attention as a community mod than herc should too (on my planet of apes) 🙂 anyway thanks for your great work!

Usually I do not add support for mods, the A4C is different because in honour of the dev who passed away to soon, I decided to add support for this bird. It was already supported and I just needed to fix a few things...

Maybe I'll add there some other popular mods in the future but currently I've a lot of other todos...

• Like 2

Short feedback on the A4C mod.  I think the the high AOA shudders only kick in when they are already very intense as seen by cockpit shake. Also the slat « thumps » don’t seem to be reproduced. In any case it is a true joy to fly with your mod. Superbe. Many thanks again.

cheers

• Like 1

Maybe I'll add there some other popular mods in the future but currently I've a lot of other todos...

it is ok, i just was curious becouse herc is in good shape and have lot of systems as a4 does so i just wanted to know. But i am aware of your long list of tasks that need to be done before you start any other mod. Thanks anyway and keep going. 

Edited by Avenger31
  • Like 1

Asus TUF RTX 3080 10g GAMING; Intel i9 10900K; Asus B460 TUF GAMING PLUS;

2x32GB DDR4 3200Mhz HyperX Predator RGB; SSD 1TB Samsung EVO Plus

106_47.jpg

Hi guys...looking for a little help on F-18 afterburner settings. Even though I have the afterburner sound module and jet seat cranked all the way up to 100 in settings, the effect seems to rumble much less than at Mil power which I have set much lower. Is this working as intended or do I need to change something?  

I would expect a bumpier ride with the burners on but that doesn’t seem to be how it is for me. 

thanks, Jason

Win 10 Pro, Intel i9 9900k overclocked to 5.1 (water cooled), 64 gb Corsair Dominator platinum RAM (3444 MHz)

Titan RTX overclocked and water cooled

1.1 TB SSD 2 TB M.2 SSD

TM Warthog Stick and throttle

MFG Crosswinds

Reverb VR

Buttkicker LFE, SimShaker, Jetseat.

All DCS modules

On 2/16/2021 at 6:14 AM, f4l0 said:

Usually I do not add support for mods, the A4C is different because in honour of the dev who passed away to soon, I decided to add support for this bird. It was already supported and I just needed to fix a few things...

Maybe I'll add there some other popular mods in the future but currently I've a lot of other todos...

Is there anything one could do to help you implement support for a certain mod?

3 hours ago, Lombra said:

Is there anything one could do to help you implement support for a certain mod?

Gift me time 😄 Depending on the aircraft I need  2-6 hours for a basic implementation. Tuning etc. 10+ hours... For mods it's special because it's not clear how fast they change/break thus I hesitate to invest the time...

The A-4E-C is very special. In some ways it is already better than some payware modules despite not having official ED support and access to the SDK. I greatly appreciate f410 supporting this mod as I spend a lot of time in the A-4 and hate to fly without my seat vibrating.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

4 hours ago, Mango said:

I just tried to download the latest update of SSA but the OneDrive folder in the link is empty.  It only contains an empty subdirectory "Previous Version".  Do I need to do something special to see the actual files?

Should be fixed now...

Just a quick bump to my previous question regarding afterburner for the F-18. 

I can’t seem to get the afterburner effect to be more dramatic than normal military power even if I crank afterburner effect way up. 

any thoughts on where I may be going wrong???

thanks, Jason

Win 10 Pro, Intel i9 9900k overclocked to 5.1 (water cooled), 64 gb Corsair Dominator platinum RAM (3444 MHz)

Titan RTX overclocked and water cooled

1.1 TB SSD 2 TB M.2 SSD

TM Warthog Stick and throttle

MFG Crosswinds

Reverb VR

Buttkicker LFE, SimShaker, Jetseat.

All DCS modules

9 hours ago, jasonstory44 said:

Just a quick bump to my previous question regarding afterburner for the F-18. 

I can’t seem to get the afterburner effect to be more dramatic than normal military power even if I crank afterburner effect way up. 

any thoughts on where I may be going wrong???

thanks, Jason

As described in the manual, you can edit the effect files...

On 2/16/2021 at 1:18 AM, qvdg said:

Short feedback on the A4C mod.  I think the the high AOA shudders only kick in when they are already very intense as seen by cockpit shake. Also the slat « thumps » don’t seem to be reproduced. In any case it is a true joy to fly with your mod. Superbe. Many thanks again.

cheers

I think that too that the shudders should be gradual for all models not just in the stall phase.

On 1/20/2021 at 1:09 AM, KIWIvolshebnik said:

simshaker_error.JPG

I recently restored my pc and installed Stable SSM and SSA.  I also get this error and will wait for the next stable release if that will fix it?

I was also wondering if it would be possible to add 2 features to SSA. 

1. Would it be possible to restore the SSA window always to the last x/y location on the screen and also the width/height.   I think I had it restore the the same location once, but that may have been when the systray icon was still in the tray, and I started SSA twice?
  2. Would it be possible to add a 'Play' icon on the Effect Settings tab, next to each effect, so we could test each effects volume without having to go into DCS and try to make all of the effects happen for all aircraft?  (some are hard and very time consuming to make happen (and it's also hard to balance them all together from within the sim).  And an option to let them loop(engine rumble, etc) while you test some of the others at the same time.  I know this may be asking a lot.  But if you don't ask, you don't get.  🤔

Edited by Snacko

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

13 hours ago, Icaro_07 said:

I think that too that the shudders should be gradual for all models not just in the stall phase.

Ok, I'll have a look but it would be nice if one could find some AoA alpha values for the A4C on which the buffeting starts... Maybe someone knows the devs?

8 hours ago, Snacko said:

I recently restored my pc and installed Stable SSM and SSA.  I also get this error and will wait for the next stable release if that will fix it?

I was also wondering if it would be possible to add 2 features to SSA. 

1. Would it be possible to restore the SSA window always to the last x/y location on the screen and also the width/height.   I think I had it restore the the same location once, but that may have been when the systray icon was still in the tray, and I started SSA twice?
  2. Would it be possible to add a 'Play' icon on the Effect Settings tab, next to each effect, so we could test each effects volume without having to go into DCS and try to make all of the effects happen for all aircraft?  (some are hard and very time consuming to make happen (and it's also hard to balance them all together from within the sim).  And an option to let them loop(engine rumble, etc) while you test some of the others at the same time.  I know this may be asking a lot.  But if you don't ask, you don't get.  🤔

1. I'll have a look regarding the position/size...

2. A play button is/was on my wish-list as well but it's a bit tricky to model the playback since SSA always tunes the effect strength and pattern depending on the telemetry data. Thus the playback effect might feel a bit different then the effect you feel when you are flying..

Regarding the path not found issue.. Which stable version do you use? This might be related to the auto start. It's a bit buggy at the moment...

• Thanks 1

I'm attempting to edit .uwv files, but I'm having trouble determining which effect uses which .uwv. The SSA manual states:

To know corresponding uwv. file(s) for a particular effect place mouse pointer on its check box at SimShaker base module GUI and read a tooltip shown. Note: for inactive (gray) check boxes tooltips are unavailable, please feel free to ask me about corresponding .uwv files.

For me, placing the mouse cursor over these check boxes does not display a tool tip. This is true for all effects check boxes. Any idea why this might be?

Thanks! 

18 minutes ago, yaga2 said:

I'm attempting to edit .uwv files, but I'm having trouble determining which effect uses which .uwv. The SSA manual states:

For me, placing the mouse cursor over these check boxes does not display a tool tip. This is true for all effects check boxes. Any idea why this might be?

Thanks! 

Since SSA now uses various files for one effect, it#s a bit tricky...

you can take a look into the logs of SSA to determine which files are used for which effect. For AB it should be "p1_2_0_L" and "p1_2_0_R"

Edited by f4l0

39 minutes ago, f4l0 said:

Since SSA now uses various files for one effect, it#s a bit tricky...

you can take a look into the logs of SSA to determine which files are used for which effect. For AB it should be "p1_2_0_L" and "p1_2_0_R"

I see! That explains it, then. Thanks for clearing that up. 

I'm specifically looking at the gun. Which .uwv are used by 'Cannon/Gun Fire'? 

I'm trying to see if I can maximize how brutal and violent it feels while firing. 

2 hours ago, f4l0 said:

2. A play button is/was on my wish-list as well but it's a bit tricky to model the playback since SSA always tunes the effect strength and pattern depending on the telemetry data. Thus the playback effect might feel a bit different then the effect you feel when you are flying

+1 been wishing to have this for a long time 😉

about the telemetry data issue that you mention. maybe it could be solved in 2 ways:

A) effects that rely on telemetry data, but typically occur in a narrow range of data ingame. e.g. gear extension is a function of speed, but will typically occur below a certain speed (depending on a/c): have the effect play at constant intensity (typical extension speed), as this is what the player needs to tune the effect for

B) effects that rely on telemetry data in a broader range. e.g. g-feeling: have the effect play through the whole range, as the player needs to know the extreme values in order to tune the effect right

also, just as an idea: start/stop functionality (rather than play once button) allowing to play effects simultaneously would make tweaking easier, when trying to weigh each effect's intensity in relation the other effects.

9 hours ago, f4l0 said:

2. A play button is/was on my wish-list as well but it's a bit tricky to model the playback since SSA always tunes the effect strength and pattern depending on the telemetry data. Thus the playback effect might feel a bit different then the effect you feel when you are flying..

Regarding the path not found issue.. Which stable version do you use? This might be related to the auto start. It's a bit buggy at the moment...

Strange... but SSA does seem to remembering it's position now.  Even after rebooting..  But not the size.

The Play button would at least get you very close, wouldn't it?

I get 2 popups for that path issue, but SSA seems to work.  My version is 2.2.0.0.  

I was having BSOD when trying to setup 5.1 and ASIO.  But I think I fixed that by select only the Output option in ASIO4ALL for VB AUX.  

I did just get a .Net Error, followed by an Application error in the event Viewer.  The SSM just disappeared from the screen, but it was not a BSOD, so that's improvement.  Not sure what caused it.  ASIO was the recent problem...  Have you seen many other users using the 5.1 option and ASIO4ALL?

Spoiler

Log Name:      Application
Source:        .NET Runtime
Date:          2/24/2021 9:53:08 AM
Event ID:      1026
Task Category: None
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      MAXIMUS-12-HERO
Description:
Application: SimShakerSoundModule.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: exception code c0000005, exception address 073BFDB8

Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name=".NET Runtime" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1026</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2021-02-24T14:53:08.3615797Z" />
    <EventRecordID>16057</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" />
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>MAXIMUS-12-HERO</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>Application: SimShakerSoundModule.exe
</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

Spoiler

Source:        Application Error
Event ID:      1000
Task Category: (100)
Description:
Faulting application name: SimShakerSoundModule.exe, version: 2.26.0.0, time stamp: 0x60140e2d
Faulting module name: igdumdim32.dll, version: 27.20.100.8681, time stamp: 0x5f534cb8
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000fdb8
Faulting process id: 0x5a24
Faulting application start time: 0x01d70ab8cd43d729
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Andre\SimShaker Sound Module\SimShakerSoundModule.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\iigd_dch.inf_amd64_a086f01cc7be643a\igdumdim32.dll
Report Id: d174a60d-ebf2-4796-8b05-05b5ec60dbf7
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 
Event Xml:
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Error" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>100</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2021-02-24T14:53:08.6378412Z" />
    <EventRecordID>16058</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>SimShakerSoundModule.exe</Data>
    <Data>2.26.0.0</Data>
    <Data>60140e2d</Data>
    <Data>igdumdim32.dll</Data>
    <Data>27.20.100.8681</Data>
    <Data>5f534cb8</Data>
    <Data>c0000005</Data>
    <Data>0000fdb8</Data>
    <Data>5a24</Data>
    <Data>01d70ab8cd43d729</Data>
    <Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\Andre\SimShaker Sound Module\SimShakerSoundModule.exe</Data>
    <Data>C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\iigd_dch.inf_amd64_a086f01cc7be643a\igdumdim32.dll</Data>
    <Data>d174a60d-ebf2-4796-8b05-05b5ec60dbf7</Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
  </EventData>

</Event>

Edited by Snacko

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

12 hours ago, f4l0 said:

Ok, I'll have a look but it would be nice if one could find some AoA alpha values for the A4C on which the buffeting starts... Maybe someone knows the devs?

Just take a look how msffb2 start to vibrate  at certain aoa I that’s what o mean with a. Gradual shake before full stall develops and how the pilots feel the airplane in a dogfight.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, HILOK said:

+1 been wishing to have this for a long time 😉

about the telemetry data issue that you mention. maybe it could be solved in 2 ways:

A) effects that rely on telemetry data, but typically occur in a narrow range of data ingame. e.g. gear extension is a function of speed, but will typically occur below a certain speed (depending on a/c): have the effect play at constant intensity (typical extension speed), as this is what the player needs to tune the effect for

B) effects that rely on telemetry data in a broader range. e.g. g-feeling: have the effect play through the whole range, as the player needs to know the extreme values in order to tune the effect right

also, just as an idea: start/stop functionality (rather than play once button) allowing to play effects simultaneously would make tweaking easier, when trying to weigh each effect's intensity in relation the other effects.

Some nice ideas, but seems alot of work since I need to restructure some parts... but yeah, might be a nice holiday project..

3 hours ago, Snacko said:

Strange... but SSA does seem to remembering it's position now.  Even after rebooting..  But not the size.

The Play button would at least get you very close, wouldn't it?

I get 2 popups for that path issue, but SSA seems to work.  My version is 2.2.0.0.  

I was having BSOD when trying to setup 5.1 and ASIO.  But I think I fixed that by select only the Output option in ASIO4ALL for VB AUX.  

I did just get a .Net Error, followed by an Application error in the event Viewer.  The SSM just disappeared from the screen, but it was not a BSOD, so that's improvement.  Not sure what caused it.  ASIO was the recent problem...  Have you seen many other users using the 5.1 option and ASIO4ALL?

Hide contents

Source:        .NET Runtime
Event ID:      1026
Task Category: None
Description:
Application: SimShakerSoundModule.exe

Event Xml:
  <System>
    <Provider Name=".NET Runtime" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1026</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2021-02-24T14:53:08.3615797Z" />
    <EventRecordID>16057</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>Application: SimShakerSoundModule.exe
</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

Hide contents

Source:        Application Error
Event ID:      1000
Task Category: (100)
Description:
Faulting application name: SimShakerSoundModule.exe, version: 2.26.0.0, time stamp: 0x60140e2d
Faulting module name: igdumdim32.dll, version: 27.20.100.8681, time stamp: 0x5f534cb8
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000fdb8
Faulting process id: 0x5a24
Faulting application start time: 0x01d70ab8cd43d729
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Andre\SimShaker Sound Module\SimShakerSoundModule.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\iigd_dch.inf_amd64_a086f01cc7be643a\igdumdim32.dll
Report Id: d174a60d-ebf2-4796-8b05-05b5ec60dbf7
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 
Event Xml:
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Error" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>100</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2021-02-24T14:53:08.6378412Z" />
    <EventRecordID>16058</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>SimShakerSoundModule.exe</Data>
    <Data>2.26.0.0</Data>
    <Data>60140e2d</Data>
    <Data>igdumdim32.dll</Data>
    <Data>27.20.100.8681</Data>
    <Data>5f534cb8</Data>
    <Data>c0000005</Data>
    <Data>0000fdb8</Data>
    <Data>5a24</Data>
    <Data>01d70ab8cd43d729</Data>
    <Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\Andre\SimShaker Sound Module\SimShakerSoundModule.exe</Data>
    <Data>C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\iigd_dch.inf_amd64_a086f01cc7be643a\igdumdim32.dll</Data>
    <Data>d174a60d-ebf2-4796-8b05-05b5ec60dbf7</Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
  </EventData>

</Event>

@=Andre= should have a look at these exceptions since they occur in the sound module...

1 hour ago, Icaro_07 said:

Just take a look how msffb2 start to vibrate  at certain aoa I that’s what o mean with a. Gradual shake before full stall develops and how the pilots feel the airplane in a dogfight.

Yeah, this depends on the plane/wing geometry. Some planes have a nice transition in the buffet. Some have a very nasty behaviour, eg, when you feel the buffet, you are stalling...

So to tweak the A4C values, I need the parameters... I don't have a msffb2 stick...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1