[Official] SimShaker for Aviators

8 hours ago, f4l0 said:

Only the AB? With latest beta you mean the DCS beta or SSA beta?

Yeah sorry I wasn't clear. I'm on the SSA beta (2.1.7.0 at the moment), and for the last two updates going into AB in the F-18 results in the engine rumble basically just... stopping. DCS openbeta too, if that matters.

I just tried it again, forget what I said... it does appear to be technically working. But compared to the engine rumble/beat it's so high frequency that it feels like you're transitioning from pavement to smooth glass in a car. There's not a lot of felt effect in afterburner, at least with a transducer attached to a chair.

Edited by FoxTwo

Ok, I just borrowed a Jet Seat from a friend and am eager to try it. I hooked it up and the self test for the Shaker, and SSA both work!

It seems to get support for the F-14 I need a beta build though? Where can I download that, and I need any special config files too? Thanks in advance!

SYS : RYZEN 9 5950X + Crosshair VIII Hero + RTX 3090 FE 32GB + TridentZ NEO 32GB 3600MHz + FireCuda 520 1TB

VR Pimax 8KX : DCS 1.0, VR, Steam 100% (3148x3160), FOV 120 degrees || Quest2 || Index || Reverb G2

SIM : DCS || Star Wars Squadrons || Rise of Flight || IL2 Battle of Stalingrad || Elite Dangerous || Star Citizen

DCS: Textures & Terrain High, Water & Vis Medium, Heat Blur Low, Shadows Medium, MSAA 2x, DoF OFF, Lens Flare Only, Motion Blur Off, SSAA & SSLR Off, Clutter 170, Trees 66%, Smoke 0, Anisotropic 2x, Terrain Shadows Flat, Cockpit Global Illumination On

PIT : VKB Gunfighter base + VKB F14 grip || VKB Kosima grip + Virpl TC50 CM3 throttle + Logitch G pedals + Pimax Leap Motion hand tracking + SimShaker feedback

13 hours ago, nobuttons said:

Ok, I just borrowed a Jet Seat from a friend and am eager to try it. I hooked it up and the self test for the Shaker, and SSA both work!

It seems to get support for the F-14 I need a beta build though? Where can I download that, and I need any special config files too? Thanks in advance!

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AldPAmClTeGqgQlC2IVQGgGkRXqf?e=cW0R9X

5 hours ago, boschdi said:

Hi there

I got the same problem that simshaker is not working anymore due to framework.net error. I also cannot download the beta from the onedrive link. Could someone upload the beta to another provider?

THX

-boschdi

So you can not download this file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AldPAmClTeGqgQlC2IVQGgGkRXqf?e=cW0R9X

Which errors do you get?

15 hours ago, FoxTwo said:

Yeah sorry I wasn't clear. I'm on the SSA beta (2.1.7.0 at the moment), and for the last two updates going into AB in the F-18 results in the engine rumble basically just... stopping. DCS openbeta too, if that matters.

I just tried it again, forget what I said... it does appear to be technically working. But compared to the engine rumble/beat it's so high frequency that it feels like you're transitioning from pavement to smooth glass in a car. There's not a lot of felt effect in afterburner, at least with a transducer attached to a chair.

Did you increase the AB effect strength?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, f4l0 said:

Did you increase the AB effect strength?

Nevermind, I think it's a sound module thing. The output for afterburner seems really low when the audio is set to stereo but it's fine in mono.

That said, the A-4E-C 2.0/EFM beta isn't currently working.

https://github.com/heclak/community-a4e-c/releases/tag/v2.0.0-beta-1

Edited by FoxTwo

On 2/9/2021 at 1:38 AM, boschdi said:

I got the same problem that simshaker is not working anymore due to framework.net error.

Me too, I'm on the latest "stable" version. What I found though, is that manually launching SimShaker works just fine: I only get the error spam if I let DCS auto-launch it.

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

Hello, i was reading a book and says that at different aoa the airplane start to make vibration (buffet) depending on the amount of aoa, is there a way to replicate this with the simshaker, I know there is the stall effect, but this just happens when this condition is present, is there a way to replicate this ? Or mod something to make simshaker even better and give a better experience in DCS.

11 hours ago, Raven (Elysian Angel) said:

Me too, I'm on the latest "stable" version. What I found though, is that manually launching SimShaker works just fine: I only get the error spam if I let DCS auto-launch it.

I need some more details about the error, I also implemented some extended logging capabilities, thus SSA writes a log.log file in the installation folder. These information might help me to narrow down the issue...

3 hours ago, Icaro_07 said:

Hello, i was reading a book and says that at different aoa the airplane start to make vibration (buffet) depending on the amount of aoa, is there a way to replicate this with the simshaker, I know there is the stall effect, but this just happens when this condition is present, is there a way to replicate this ? Or mod something to make simshaker even better and give a better experience in DCS.

The stall effect is the buffet effect and it is dependent on the AoA and for most of the planes fine tuned with feedback of former fighter pilots. Some planes have a long curve from weak to strong buffeting, some are very fast till the effect reaches it's maximum...

7 hours ago, f4l0 said:

I need some more details about the error, I also implemented some extended logging capabilities, thus SSA writes a log.log file in the installation folder. These information might help me to narrow down the issue...

It might be an incompatibility issue with Windows 10, since it was a spam of .NET errors and disabling "auto start with Windows" seems to have fixed it: now I don't get them even when I Iet DCS auto-launch SSA:

log.log

Edited by Raven (Elysian Angel)
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

16 hours ago, Raven (Elysian Angel) said:

It might be an incompatibility issue with Windows 10, since it was a spam of .NET errors and disabling "auto start with Windows" seems to have fixed it: now I don't get them even when I Iet DCS auto-launch SSA:

log.log

Thx for the log, I spotted an issue there 🙂 But unrelated to your issue 😉

• Like 1

On 2/8/2021 at 9:52 PM, f4l0 said:
On 2/8/2021 at 8:28 AM, nobuttons said:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AldPAmClTeGqgQlC2IVQGgGkRXqf?e=cW0R9X

Works now, thanks!

SYS : RYZEN 9 5950X + Crosshair VIII Hero + RTX 3090 FE 32GB + TridentZ NEO 32GB 3600MHz + FireCuda 520 1TB

VR Pimax 8KX : DCS 1.0, VR, Steam 100% (3148x3160), FOV 120 degrees || Quest2 || Index || Reverb G2

SIM : DCS || Star Wars Squadrons || Rise of Flight || IL2 Battle of Stalingrad || Elite Dangerous || Star Citizen

DCS: Textures & Terrain High, Water & Vis Medium, Heat Blur Low, Shadows Medium, MSAA 2x, DoF OFF, Lens Flare Only, Motion Blur Off, SSAA & SSLR Off, Clutter 170, Trees 66%, Smoke 0, Anisotropic 2x, Terrain Shadows Flat, Cockpit Global Illumination On

PIT : VKB Gunfighter base + VKB F14 grip || VKB Kosima grip + Virpl TC50 CM3 throttle + Logitch G pedals + Pimax Leap Motion hand tracking + SimShaker feedback

I am running the 2.1.7 beta aviators and Sound module 2.26 and I noticed that some effects like wing fold in the F18 do not always work. I have to check and uncheck the box and sometimes restart sound module and aviators software for it to start working again. Then it will just randomly stop working. Other effects always work like gear and buffet, AB and fuel probe.

Edited by BMGZ06

System Specs: 13900K, Strix Z790 Gaming E, MSI 4090 Sprim Liquid X  OC'd, 64gb Gskill Trident Z DDR5, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 SSD,. Winwing throttle, Winwing panels/MIPs and VKB GF3/MCGU stick, MFG Crosswind V2, HP REVERB G2.

HI I am running "SimShaker Sound Module Setup v 2.26" and "SimShaker for Aviators Installer v2.2.0" and when I try open "SimShaker Sound Module" by clicking on the desktop shortcut nothing happens it aslo does not open when DCS s running. I have tried multiple times uninstalling the programs and reinstalling but nothing seems to work. Things went wrong after an update of the software. What is the best way to do a complete uninstall and re-install as I see there is also old remanence of files left after uninstalling through "Programs and Features".

Thanks in advance for any help.

Windows startup still showing "Simshaker for Aviators beta" after uninstall.

image.png

image.png

Edited by fUnk3mUnk3

45 minutes ago, fUnk3mUnk3 said:

HI I am running "SimShaker Sound Module Setup v 2.26" and "SimShaker for Aviators Installer v2.2.0" and when I try open "SimShaker Sound Module" by clicking on the desktop shortcut nothing happens it aslo does not open when DCS s running. I have tried multiple times uninstalling the programs and reinstalling but nothing seems to work. Things went wrong after an update of the software. What is the best way to do a complete uninstall and re-install as I see there is also old remanence of files left after uninstalling through "Programs and Features".

Thanks in advance for any help.

Windows startup still showing "Simshaker for Aviators beta" after uninstall.

image.png

image.png

Just FYI an older version of SSM works. "SimShaker Sound Module Setup v 2.22"

image.png

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, adrianstealth said:

hi andre

I've use sim shaker for some time with DCS its brill

I have new PC and wondered if it also works with msfs2020  ?

also I cant find my code to activate sim shaker when I come to installing it on new PC 

MSFS2020 is supported in SSA.

28 minutes ago, ChrisCo said:

I am trying to activate Simshaker Sound but it says store is currently down. Is this correct?

This is the thread for  Simshaker for Aviators and not the Sound Module please contact @=Andre=or use the correct thread...

Edited by f4l0

Hi,

Looking forward to an update to cover the new A4C v2.0.  It now shakes, rattles and thumps it will be great to have a F14 like simshaker experience.  In any case I think SSA is an excellent product and I really can't fly without it (using Realteus forcefeell -also excellent).  Keep up the great work (happy to donate to help the A4 roadmap).

Cheers

Edited by qvdg

16 hours ago, f4l0 said:

I just released a new beta (2.2.1) which should fix the A4C. So please test it and provide feedback...

I didnt get any answer regarding Hercules mod? Any time or never? I know you @f4l0 are bussy even with regular dcs modules but i asume if a4 is gatting attention as a community mod than herc should too (on my planet of apes) 🙂 anyway thanks for your great work!

Edited by Avenger31

Asus TUF RTX 3080 10g GAMING; Intel i9 10900K; Asus B460 TUF GAMING PLUS;

2x32GB DDR4 3200Mhz HyperX Predator RGB; SSD 1TB Samsung EVO Plus

106_47.jpg

Just had quick A4 v2.0 launch and trap on super carrier, launch ,flaps ,spoilers, hook , touchdown all feel great. I need to check the shudders at high AOA suspect there is a small delay between when you start to hear the shake and feel them but only first impression. In any case many thanks this is fantastic !

cheers