[Official] SimShaker for Aviators

Ok something is blocking the multicast. I googled around and found this: https://windowsreport.com/firewall-blocking-multicast/ Maybe it helps?

FYI - I've enabled outgoing transmissions, disabled some vpn software, and BAM! It's working again! Thank you!

One question though if you don't mind me asking: what does all that network stuff do if severing the connection precludes the seat from working? Is it possible to create a less-firewall-exceptional version? :)

FYI - I've enabled outgoing transmissions, disabled some vpn software, and BAM! It's working again! Thank you!

One question though if you don't mind me asking: what does all that network stuff do if severing the connection precludes the seat from working? Is it possible to create a less-firewall-exceptional version? :)

Glad it works...

SSA communicates to DCS via network-sockets. IPC might be a solution but would mean to rewrite some major parts of the data receiver...

I recently bought a Simshaker Jetpad and have been using the SimShaker for Aviators with DCS. It is a wonderful product. I am having problems with the software not recognizing the new P-47-30(early) and the P-47-40. Below is the error message I am getting:

1114399487_ErrorMsg.png.e4fff532bab49a04268b23db2c24ea85.png

I recently bought a Simshaker Jetpad and have been using the SimShaker for Aviators with DCS. It is a wonderful product. I am having problems with the software not recognizing the new P-47-30(early) and the P-47-40. Below is the error message I am getting:

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"Error Msg.png","data-attachmentid":7156583}[/ATTACH]

Looks like you are using an old version of SSA. The other P47 models are supported by the latest beta of SSA.

Hi @f4l0,

a quick question regarding SSA, and sorry if it has been asked before, I did not read through all 120+ pages... at least the "search" functionality did not return any result:

For local/custom add-on aircraft located in <username>\Saved Games\DCS\Mods or<username>\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods, SSA (still using the latest stable release, i.e. 2.1.0) seems to detect them properly, but always tags them as "invalid" and hence will neither create force output for them, nor create a profile copy from the generic entries. Here's an example from the SSA log output:

16:47:45.263  New AirFrame: MyTestPlane
16:47:45.273  Invalid or not supported aircraft!

Is this intentional? I.e. is there no way to have these custom/local aircraft treated as "Generic Jet/Piston Engine/Helicopter"?

Thanks!

12 hours ago, dunc said:

Hi @f4l0,

a quick question regarding SSA, and sorry if it has been asked before, I did not read through all 120+ pages... at least the "search" functionality did not return any result:

For local/custom add-on aircraft located in <username>\Saved Games\DCS\Mods or<username>\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods, SSA (still using the latest stable release, i.e. 2.1.0) seems to detect them properly, but always tags them as "invalid" and hence will neither create force output for them, nor create a profile copy from the generic entries. Here's an example from the SSA log output:

16:47:45.263  New AirFrame: MyTestPlane
16:47:45.273  Invalid or not supported aircraft!

Is this intentional? I.e. is there no way to have these custom/local aircraft treated as "Generic Jet/Piston Engine/Helicopter"?

Thanks!

Custom mods/planes are not supported.

Does the base software auto update or always manual installer?   Contemplating if I want to go to the beta or if will be able to get response from F-14A if I just wait until no longer beta? 

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

By any chance, did you change the engine effect? I mean, is that effect variable depending on engine RPMs?

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

Good day evereyone, especially f4I0:

I upgraded and updated my rig and something weird has occurred:

When starting the SFA my shaker "only" plays back the audio files and obviously NOT the .lua files from the aircraft chosen.
I am using Voicemeter to use audio-out options for getting the audiosignal to the headset and I tick the box in SFA for the signal to the amp for the shaker.
Somehow I got confused with the audio options in DCS since I am facing trouble getting everything to work simultaniously (SFS, DCS-audio and shaker).

Any suggestions for that?

TIA!

My System: Full Scale Huey SimPit

-Pit Computer: i7-12700K | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS Pro | 64GB DDR5 RAM | Nvidia RTX3090FE | Kingston KC3000 NVme

- All day use: i7-4790K | 32GB DDR4 RAM | ASRock Z97 Killer | GeForce RTX 2080 Ti AMP! | Oculus Rift | Pimax8KX | Sensoryx VRFree Gloves | X-TAL VR

New to SSA, had a right rave getting my new Jetseat working, for two reasons which I am posting here in case it helps another new user.

First SSA seems to like being run in Administration mode, and secondly AVG intercepts the program and blocks it from modifying files, once I sorted both of those I got the seat working pretty quickly.

Is there some place where people post some good well tested values for various aircraft maybe?

On 12/2/2020 at 11:23 AM, Tundra said:

By any chance, did you change the engine effect? I mean, is that effect variable depending on engine RPMs?

They are, especially noticeable in prop planes

On 12/2/2020 at 11:55 AM, EvilBert VR said:

Good day evereyone, especially f4I0:

I upgraded and updated my rig and something weird has occurred:

When starting the SFA my shaker "only" plays back the audio files and obviously NOT the .lua files from the aircraft chosen.
I am using Voicemeter to use audio-out options for getting the audiosignal to the headset and I tick the box in SFA for the signal to the amp for the shaker.
Somehow I got confused with the audio options in DCS since I am facing trouble getting everything to work simultaniously (SFS, DCS-audio and shaker).

Any suggestions for that?

TIA!

What does the SSA log say when you plan DCS? Maybe the connection between DCS and SSA is not working properly...

Is there a way to use generic settings for mods? 

Got the Hercules mod and get a error message from the system. 

Could you do some programming magic that SSA default to a generic profile if an unknown aircraft aka mod is selected

Thanks for your considerations

10 hours ago, f4l0 said:

They are, especially noticeable in prop planes

What does the SSA log say when you plan DCS? Maybe the connection between DCS and SSA is not working properly...

I will check on those.

But meanwhile something else has occured!

Somehow I managed to get things working (using a Buttkicker2 atm). Vibrations felt fine again and signals were from the .luas and not from the sound part. Everything felt ok when flying with the Huey.
After changing the plane (switched to the F-16) the Buttkicker went dead. And the effects did not come back when I was switching to the Huey again.

I did NOT use VB-Audio this time and kept the standard settings from DCS and SSA.

Will check tomorrow and report.

Cheers

My System: Full Scale Huey SimPit

-Pit Computer: i7-12700K | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS Pro | 64GB DDR5 RAM | Nvidia RTX3090FE | Kingston KC3000 NVme

- All day use: i7-4790K | 32GB DDR4 RAM | ASRock Z97 Killer | GeForce RTX 2080 Ti AMP! | Oculus Rift | Pimax8KX | Sensoryx VRFree Gloves | X-TAL VR

Is there anyone else who keeps getting the following .NET error with the latest SSA beta?

SimShaker for Aviators .NET error.png

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

1 hour ago, =Andre= said:

That usually due to Antiviral software activity.

I have exceptions for everything DCS related in my AV software. It seems like the latest version was indeed causing this problem, since temporarily disabling the realtime shields fixed it. Cheers!

• Thanks 1
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

iv been using sound mdule and aviators with a bass shaker using the onboard sound for a few weeks and its great.
iv just built a new pc and im getting error messege when i start sound module        
could not find sound card by its stored id.  i guess i need to point it at the new mobo soundcard but how??

7700k @5ghz, 32gb 3200mhz ram, 2080ti, nvme drives, valve index vr

7 hours ago, eatthis said:

iv been using sound mdule and aviators with a bass shaker using the onboard sound for a few weeks and its great.
iv just built a new pc and im getting error messege when i start sound module        
could not find sound card by its stored id.  i guess i need to point it at the new mobo soundcard but how??

Please download SimShaker Sound Module version 2.24 from simshaker.com website.

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9 hours ago, =Andre= said:

Please download SimShaker Sound Module version 2.24 from simshaker.com website.

done that and it lets me choose the soundcard. problem i have now is the onboard sound isnt listed, 
in windows sound settings its listed under inputs but not output! (yes ive checked the diabled section) i just cant get it to appear to windows.
ive ordered a cheap usb soundcard and hopefully i can run it from that

7700k @5ghz, 32gb 3200mhz ram, 2080ti, nvme drives, valve index vr

I've been running the v2.1.5 beta with absolutely no problems for a couple of weeks. Turned on my PC today, and it's stopped working. I can start the app, and the icon appears in my list of running apps in the bottom right of the desktop. When I go to right click it to get it going, the icon disappears. No warning, no nothing. I haven't changed a single thing on my PC.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and also checking it's on my list of excluded items with BitDefender AV, also ran as admin and did Windows Troubleshooter. Still no go. JetSeat is showing up in my list of connected devices in Windows.

Here's a quick video showing that I've excluded it from AV, the seat is detected, and what happens when I try to run it:

Edited by GunSlingerAUS

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals

5 hours ago, GunSlingerAUS said:

I've been running the v2.1.5 beta with absolutely no problems for a couple of weeks. Turned on my PC today, and it's stopped working. I can start the app, and the icon appears in my list of running apps in the bottom right of the desktop. When I go to right click it to get it going, the icon disappears. No warning, no nothing. I haven't changed a single thing on my PC.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and also checking it's on my list of excluded items with BitDefender AV, also ran as admin and did Windows Troubleshooter. Still no go. JetSeat is showing up in my list of connected devices in Windows.

Here's a quick video showing that I've excluded it from AV, the seat is detected, and what happens when I try to run it:

I'm not sure about that, but maybe you can find some additional information in the windows logs?

17 hours ago, f4l0 said:

I'm not sure about that, but maybe you can find some additional information in the windows logs?

There are many different types of logs that Windows churns out - which one are you referring to? And what am I looking for within that log?

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals

6 hours ago, GunSlingerAUS said:

There are many different types of logs that Windows churns out - which one are you referring to? And what am I looking for within that log?

Not sure either, unfortunately it's not that easy to filter/search the windows logs. Here are some instructions: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/ask-the-directory-services-team/advanced-xml-filtering-in-the-windows-event-viewer/ba-p/399761

But I'm not sure how successful this approach might be...

Does your AV software log something interesting?

Edited by f4l0

Update to my issue - my issue seems to have been caused by using the beta software. Andre told me to go back to the release version, and it's now working perfectly - v 2.1.0, which now also includes support for the F-14A

• Thanks 1