[Official] SimShaker for Aviators

Thx, I just changed the way DCS sends the data to SSA... I'll have a look and add some guards/default values for such a case

Yeah, I saw in the changelog that there were some changes. I know that you are struggeling with the fact that DCS does not export all the data you need sometimes.

Are these changes improvements to the data you can simulate effects?

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Yeah, I saw in the changelog that there were some changes. I know that you are struggeling with the fact that DCS does not export all the data you need sometimes.

Are these changes improvements to the data you can simulate effects?

Not jet. I just simplified the export to a 'dynamic' json format which makes things easier and flexible... Therefore I could reduce the simshaker.lua by roughly 50%. So, the issue must already be there with the old/stable version of SSA (I think ;) ). But I'll add some guards to check if something is `nil`before I do some string conversion ;).

Not jet.

Well, still sounds promising :D

So, the issue must already be there with the old/stable version of SSA (I think ;) )

Nope, I have a close look a the dcs.log file in case something is nil all the time. This came recently and distracted me from the nil errors in my scripts ;)

Oh, just for completeness, SSA effects are working fine as far as I could tell. The errors in the log are not braking anything in the functionality. They just spam the log. Most people won't event notice, I guess.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

Engine Rumble/Piston Beat in P-51 with 1.3.10.10

Hi f4l0!

I updated without issue to 1.3.10.10, and things are working great!

However, it seems the reworked Piston Beat effect that was added a few versions ago (I think 1.3.4), seems to have gone away. All other effects appear to work perfectly, but in level flight with no other sound events taking place, I no longer feel any engine rumble\piston beat in the P-51.

I verified SimShaker config, and tried adjusting the strength effect, but it did not make a difference... also tried restarting DCS, computer, etc. Will try other modules, but hoping there is something I can check\tweak to wake up the P-51's awesome rumble.

My setup includes a JetSeat, and a couple of Buttkickers (2.14 beta SSM)

Any info greatly appreciated... Thank you!!

Well, still sounds promising :D

Nope, I have a close look a the dcs.log file in case something is nil all the time. This came recently and distracted me from the nil errors in my scripts ;)

Oh, just for completeness, SSA effects are working fine as far as I could tell. The errors in the log are not braking anything in the functionality. They just spam the log. Most people won't event notice, I guess.

Ok, I just released a new hotfix...

Hi f4l0!

However, it seems the reworked Piston Beat effect that was added a few versions ago (I think 1.3.4), seems to have gone away. All other effects appear to work perfectly, but in level flight with no other sound events taking place, I no longer feel any engine rumble\piston beat in the P-51.

I verified SimShaker config, and tried adjusting the strength effect, but it did not make a difference... also tried restarting DCS, computer, etc. Will try other modules, but hoping there is something I can check\tweak to wake up the P-51's awesome rumble.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll have a look tonight...

Thanks for the feedback. I'll have a look tonight...

Hello

Could you tell me where version 1.3.10.10 is? I only see and can download version 1.3.10.0 from your site.

Thanks in advance

That seems to solve the issue. Thanks!

Hi f4l0,

I am getting an error trying to start aviators, I get the starter program running I just get an unhadled exception error when trying to run SimShaker Aviators. this is in the details:

************** Exception Text **************

System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions

Now I googled this and it stated to run netsts -o but I am unsure what the info was there??

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

Hi f4l0!

Hello

Could you tell me where version 1.3.10.10 is? I only see and can download version 1.3.10.0 from your site.

Thanks in advance

I cannot seem to get simshaker for aviators to work with simtools.

Simshaker wheels works fine.

The log file show no errors. I can test the motors in my jetseat, just no vibrations in game.

Anyone else having problems getting these two apps to behave with each other.

Any help would be appreciated.

Gigabyte Z390 mobo, i9-9900K, 32gb ram, GTX 2080 ti, Evo 970 nvme 1tb, 2 DSD button box OSW panels, Oculus Rift CV1, Odyssey Plus, Valve Index, Rift S, HP Reverb, 2 SimRacingStudio wind sim fans, MFG Crosswind pedals, Warthog hotas w 50mm extension, Simlab GT1 EVOcockpit, Gametrix Jet Seat, SFX-100 3DOF motion, 8 transducers, 2 Cougar MFD's

DCS World, Simshaker for Aviators, sound module

Modules: P51, F/18, All Rotor craft, F14, F16, FC3

Super Carrier

Hello

Thanks in advance

Hey,

it's primarily for the beta testers. Once we are happy with a release. I'll publish it as stable.

@all: I had some really tough working weeks lately, thus I need some time to recover ...

Hello I know this forum is for DCS but hope you can help me, I use the P3D and just get the G feeling when the aircraft is in a bank, when pitching the airplane it doesn’t give any vibration, can this be fixed or tweaked?

Thanks

Does anyone know if there is an issue with Andre's shop? I've tried to purchase the Simshakers for Wheels module but cant use paypal or bank wire transfer. Both get rejected. I tried sending an email from the contact details on the site, but haven't gotten a response.

Does anyone know if there is an issue with Andre's shop? I've tried to purchase the Simshakers for Wheels module but cant use paypal or bank wire transfer. Both get rejected. I tried sending an email from the contact details on the site, but haven't gotten a response.

The bank which provides me with the card payment service is changing something at their side due to the pandemic craziness. I had to temporarily disable card payments option until they had finished and returned to a normal operation.

PayPal - no issues, but have in mind that I can accept only from private accounts (not merchant/business) due to government regulations.

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi.

A few days ago after one of the beta hotfixes, the main rotor whirl effect on the Gazelle disappeared. Now there's no rotor effect no matter the settings in simshaker.

Another long standing issue with the Gazelle is a constant effect on the failure and damage setting, even if there's no damage.

Sent fra min G8441 via Tapatalk

Hi f4l0!

Just updated to SSA beta 1.3.10.13, and I am back in "Piston Beat Heaven" in the P-51... Thank you!!

PS - Tested a few other piston modules, and all seems perfect with them as well... Cheers!

Hi, where can I download beta? (My version is 1.3.10.0)

THX

Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast! (Ken Gatward before his solo Beaufighter mission 1943)See vid here

HW: i7-12700K, 32 GB RAM, MB PRO Z690-A DDR4 , GTX 3080, LCD UltraWQHD (3440x1440) G-SYNC 120Hz,Tobii Eye Tracker 5, VKB Gunfighter III (KG12 WWII), MFG Crosswind, AuthentiKit Throttle & Trims, Windows 11 64-bit

The bank which provides me with the card payment service is changing something at their side due to the pandemic craziness. I had to temporarily disable card payments option until they had finished and returned to a normal operation.

PayPal - no issues, but have in mind that I can accept only from private accounts (not merchant/business) due to government regulations.

Thanks for the reply Andre. I'll check on my side with Paypal. That's weird that it wont go through as I dont have a business account on Paypal. I do have two orders out there that say awaiting payment on my account at your site. Could you clear those & I can possibly have another go at it once I get the Paypal thing sorted? Thanks!

Great, thanks!

Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast! (Ken Gatward before his solo Beaufighter mission 1943)See vid here

HW: i7-12700K, 32 GB RAM, MB PRO Z690-A DDR4 , GTX 3080, LCD UltraWQHD (3440x1440) G-SYNC 120Hz,Tobii Eye Tracker 5, VKB Gunfighter III (KG12 WWII), MFG Crosswind, AuthentiKit Throttle & Trims, Windows 11 64-bit

Hi guys, to run butt-kickers with DCS do you need both Sim Shaker Wings as well as Sim Shaker Sound Module? Or do you only need one of those?

CPU: Intel Core i9 10900K  -  GPU: ASUS ROG Strix 3090 OC Edition  - Mobo: Asus ROG Maximus XII Formula Motherboard  -  RAM: 64 GB HyperX  -  EK Open Loop liquid-cooling  -  PSU: FSP Hydro+ PTM 1200 Watt liquid-cooled Power Supply   -   PIMAX 8KX Headset

ThrustMaster Warthog Throttle and Stick  -  Winwing Landing and Combat Panels  -  MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

For DCS you need SimShaker Sound Module. (Wings is for IL-2 Great Battles)