[Official] SimShaker for Aviators

Where are stored SimShaker settings for all my DCS aircrafts? I would like to backup config with my tuned settings :-) But I did not find the file... Please help me, THX.

Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast! (Ken Gatward before his solo Beaufighter mission 1943)See vid here

HW: i7-12700K, 32 GB RAM, MB PRO Z690-A DDR4 , GTX 3080, LCD UltraWQHD (3440x1440) G-SYNC 120Hz,Tobii Eye Tracker 5, VKB Gunfighter III (KG12 WWII), MFG Crosswind, AuthentiKit Throttle & Trims, Windows 11 64-bit

Where are stored SimShaker settings for all my DCS aircrafts? I would like to backup config with my tuned settings :-) But I did not find the file... Please help me, THX.

Look at documents and save games folders in your pc

There is not a file containing per aircraft setting in the ..\Documents\SimShaker for Aviators\ folder. I can see only three files there: .log, shortcut to .exe and Soundmodule.cfg. But this cfg contains only a few lines for only general settings... And there are no files for SimShaker in the ..\Saved Games\ folders.

Edited by tapi

Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast! (Ken Gatward before his solo Beaufighter mission 1943)See vid here

HW: i7-12700K, 32 GB RAM, MB PRO Z690-A DDR4 , GTX 3080, LCD UltraWQHD (3440x1440) G-SYNC 120Hz,Tobii Eye Tracker 5, VKB Gunfighter III (KG12 WWII), MFG Crosswind, AuthentiKit Throttle & Trims, Windows 11 64-bit

There is not a file containing per aircraft setting in the ..\Documents\SimShaker for Aviators\ folder. I can see only three files there: .log, shortcut to .exe and Soundmodule.cfg. But this cfg contains only a few lines for only general settings... And there are no files for SimShaker in the ..\Saved Games\ folders.

See here

912549556_indocumentsfolder.thumb.PNG.7e45262c2aa91ecbd1640ffe7f6e78b9.PNG

Thx, but I have Buttkicker so I do not use SimShakerWings but SimShakerSoundModule. That is why I do not have this folder.

Thx, but I have Buttkicker so I do not use SimShakerWings but SimShakerSoundModule. That is why I do not have this folder.

You can export your settings from SSA!

THX, I did not notice that.

OK, I looked into the folder under button "DCS Export Folder" i.e. ....Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\ and ..Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\ and all files here are just lua scrips with the same old date (i.e. the date I installed SSA).

But in recent days I have configured many values of different aircrafts. So I am still looking for a file with actual date where these my settings are stored...

Hi f4I0,

Quick note - just flown in 2.5.6 for the first time in my hornet - firing guns causes a 'stuck' vibration effect for me. Other effects seemed fine in flight ((haven't taken off in 2.5.6 yet)

SimShaker for Aviators beta Version 1.3.10.5

Let me know if you need more details.

THX, I did not notice that.

OK, I looked into the folder under button "DCS Export Folder" i.e. ....Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\ and ..Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\ and all files here are just lua scrips with the same old date (i.e. the date I installed SSA).

But in recent days I have configured many values of different aircrafts. So I am still looking for a file with actual date where these my settings are stored...

The lua scripts are updated/installed by SSA.

Your settings are stored in a .bin files. You can export that file from within SSA. Otherwise, feel free to take some screenshots of your loved settings...

OK, menu File --> Export settings --> .bin file is created.

Thx

Andre>

Hoping for some assistance with an issue that I have.

I'm trying to run both the DCS world client and server on the same PC.

Unfortunately, that appears to be causing a conflict, i.e. that if I boot the client first, THEN the server, that the Simshaker software appears to find the server last, and therefore stop listening to the client.

Here's the log:

===================================================

09:45:48.558 SimShaker for Aviators beta Version 1.3.10.0

09:45:48.562 ********** DCS World Public Release version folder found in Saved Games **********

09:45:48.566 DCS export feature setup: SimShaker.lua added to C:\Users\Mike\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts

09:45:48.572 DCS export feature setup: ExportCore.lua added to C:\Users\Mike\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\SimShaker-export-core

09:45:48.576 DCS export feature setup: ExportDevice.lua added to C:\Users\Mike\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\SimShaker-export-core

09:45:48.582 DCS export feature setup: KeyValueStore.lua added to C:\Users\Mike\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\SimShaker-export-core

09:45:48.587 DCS export feature setup: Network.lua added to C:\Users\Mike\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\SimShaker-export-core

09:45:48.588 DCS export feature setup: Protocol.lua added to C:\Users\Mike\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\SimShaker-export-core

09:45:48.591 local Tacviewlfs=require('lfs');dofile(Tacviewlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/TacviewGameExport.lua') call found in C:\Users\Mike\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\Export.lua

09:45:48.592 local SimShakerlfs=require('lfs'); dofile(SimShakerlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/SimShaker.lua') call found in C:\Users\Mike\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\Export.lua

09:45:48.593 dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[scripts\SimShaker-export-core\ExportCore.lua]]) call found in C:\Users\Mike\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\Export.lua

09:45:48.595 ********** Custom DCS World configuration found **********

09:45:48.597 DCS export feature setup: SimShaker.lua added to C:\Users\Mike\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts

09:45:48.598 DCS export feature setup: ExportCore.lua added to C:\Users\Mike\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\SimShaker-export-core

09:45:48.600 DCS export feature setup: ExportDevice.lua added to C:\Users\Mike\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\SimShaker-export-core

09:45:48.602 DCS export feature setup: KeyValueStore.lua added to C:\Users\Mike\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\SimShaker-export-core

09:45:48.603 DCS export feature setup: Network.lua added to C:\Users\Mike\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\SimShaker-export-core

09:45:48.604 DCS export feature setup: Protocol.lua added to C:\Users\Mike\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\SimShaker-export-core

09:45:48.605 local Tacviewlfs=require('lfs');dofile(Tacviewlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/TacviewGameExport.lua') call found in C:\Users\Mike\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\Export.lua

09:45:48.607 local SimShakerlfs=require('lfs'); dofile(SimShakerlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/SimShaker.lua') call found in C:\Users\Mike\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\Export.lua

09:45:48.608 dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[scripts\SimShaker-export-core\ExportCore.lua]]) call found in C:\Users\Mike\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\Export.lua

09:45:48.609 ********** Custom DCS World configuration found **********

09:45:48.611 DCS.openbeta_server export feature setup: SimShaker.lua added to C:\Users\Mike\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta_server\Scripts

09:45:48.613 DCS.openbeta_server export feature setup: ExportCore.lua added to C:\Users\Mike\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta_server\Scripts\SimShaker-export-core

09:45:48.615 DCS.openbeta_server export feature setup: ExportDevice.lua added to C:\Users\Mike\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta_server\Scripts\SimShaker-export-core

09:45:48.616 DCS.openbeta_server export feature setup: KeyValueStore.lua added to C:\Users\Mike\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta_server\Scripts\SimShaker-export-core

09:45:48.618 DCS.openbeta_server export feature setup: Network.lua added to C:\Users\Mike\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta_server\Scripts\SimShaker-export-core

09:45:48.620 DCS.openbeta_server export feature setup: Protocol.lua added to C:\Users\Mike\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta_server\Scripts\SimShaker-export-core

09:45:48.621 local Tacviewlfs=require('lfs');dofile(Tacviewlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/TacviewGameExport.lua') call found in C:\Users\Mike\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta_server\Scripts\Export.lua

09:45:48.622 local SimShakerlfs=require('lfs'); dofile(SimShakerlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/SimShaker.lua') call found in C:\Users\Mike\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta_server\Scripts\Export.lua

09:45:48.623 dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[scripts\SimShaker-export-core\ExportCore.lua]]) call found in C:\Users\Mike\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta_server\Scripts\Export.lua

===================================================

Any good ideas on how get Simshaker to ignore the DCS world server?

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Any good ideas on how get Simshaker to ignore the DCS world server?

1) Start everything you need for your flying session, including SimShaker software

2) Start the Server and configure it how you want it to be (unpause, settings and so on)

3) Now go to C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta_server\Scripts and delete SimShaker.lua, its folder and Export.lua

4) Restart your server without these files

5) Now you start your client, SimShaker software reads your client input only even when joined on your own server

Edited by Der Hirte

1) Start everything you need for your flying session, including SimShaker software

2) Start the Server and configure it how you want it to be (unpause, settings and so on)

3) Now go to C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta_server\Scripts and delete SimShaker.lua, it's folder and Export.lua

4) Restart your server without these files

5) Now you start your client, SimShaker software reads your client input only even when joined on your own server

Ah, I should exclude the server installations for SSA...

Update: Ok, should be fixed in the next beta release

Edited by f4l0

With the buttkicker, I can feel general output when I have it split from general output. I haven't felt much of anything in the 18c when it's on it's own sound card and using SSA. Am I missing something?

Owned: Ryzen 3900x, MSI AMD 470x mobo, 32gb 3200MHz ram, Gtx 1660 Ti, 970 Evo Plus 500GB, MsFFB2, TIR5, TMWH+18c Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Buttkicker/SSA, WinWing F-18C . Next is VR for simpit

Art Of The Kill:

With the buttkicker, I can feel general output when I have it split from general output. I haven't felt much of anything in the 18c when it's on it's own sound card and using SSA. Am I missing something?

Do you have the SoundModule from Andre installed?

Were you ever able to duplicate my F-14 flaps bug? Just curious if there was a fix coming. In the meantime I have a script that forcefully kills the system tray resident simshaker for aviators process after I close DCS, which is the only thing that fixes it for me.

I haven't gone through the 200 pages, but is there a way that I can add the tumble easily to a mod? I'm working on a couple of flyable projects... 1 works if I first load into a coremod that has the rumble, the others don't work at all.

A-10C - FC3 - CA - L-39 - UH1 - P-51 - Hawk - BS2 - F-86 - Gazelle - F-5E - AV8B - F/A-18C

i5-4590 - GTX 1060 - Oculus CV1 - TM:Warthog

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic9979_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

DCS 2.5.6 SSA 1.3.10.6 FA-18C Lost flaps movement effect

Hello, I'm having some issues after updating to DCS 2.5.6. I had not flown in a while, so when I started DCSW it asked if I wanted to update to 2.5.6, so I did to see what new goodies had been bestowed upon us by our friends at ED. I didn't run SSA at first, just wanted to check that everything started normally and looked ok. Shut it back down until a couple hours later when I started DCSW with the full monty. I started SSA, and it asked if I wanted to update to a newer version (1.3.10.6). Sure, why not... When the settings page came up all the values were set back to the default of 50, had lost my settings entirely. I had an export file, but it must have gotten deleted accidently along the way sometime because I was unable to locate it. So I set about the task of going through all the settings one at a time to reset everything. When I got to flaps movement, I set it at 15 or 20 if I recall, tested with FA-18C Caucuses Instant Action Ready on the Ramp. Waited for SSA to kick in, moved the flaps and felt nothing. Repeated with a setting of 50, nothing. Repeated with a setting of 100, still no effect. So far, this is the only effect that appears to be not working properly. Any suggestions? Thank you!

Edit: Restarted SSA and it's working now. Sorry should have tried that before I posted.

Edited by GeneralDynamics

System Specs:

Win 10 x64 Pro, ASUS Maximus X Formula, i9-9900K @ 4.7 GHz, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200 MHz, NZXT Kraken X73 AIO Cooler, Titan X Pascal GPU, EVGA Supernova 1000W P2 PSU, C: 1TB Samsung 960 Pro m.2 PCIe SSD, D: 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SATA SSD, HT Omega Claro PCIe 7.1 Sound, Denon AVR-1709 7.1 Receiver, 46" Sharp Aquos Quattron Main Screen, 27" Acer T272HL TouchScreen + Helios, TrackIR 5, ThrustMaster HOTAS Warthog, Crosswinds pedals, SimShaker

Hi! I´ve been flying with my buttkicker gamer 2 in combination with SSA for a week now. I really enjoy SSA´s effects but somehow my buttkicker does too much of, what I call the Klack-klack-sounds. I already tried different values for the effects and adjusted the volume to avoid clipping. So I again tried the feeling of steamsvr audio mirroring, and what a difference! The rumbles feel much more from down below and way more powerful than the Brrrrrt-klack-klack :) In some few situations I can feel Wags´ words under my butt aswell, and I know its because of audio mirroring. Well, I decided for now to have a combination of a few SSA effects and audio mirroring. But I still have my doubts I did everything right with SSA. How are you feeling its effects? Do you experience those klack-klack-sounds? Its sometimes so loud that its really annoying. Thanks!

Win10 Pro, Intel i9 9700k @5GHz, GeForce RTX 2080 TI, 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 @3200MHz RAM, MSI z390 Gaming Plus, HP Reverb Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD Base, Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB (for DCS), Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB (for Win10), Philips PHL 274E

Hi! I´ve been flying with my buttkicker gamer 2 in combination with SSA for a week ...Do you experience those klack-klack-sounds? Its sometimes so loud that its really annoying. Thanks!

Yes, this is my experience as well.

If I lower 'volume', the shaker does almost nothing, too loud and it klacks.

I think im going to add a second shaker, and get a better second sound card.

*You should not be hearing Wags voice thru the shaker! Something wrong there...

I am experiencing this too (I use only WWII modules).

What helps a little (but not solve the problem entirely):

a) lower volume of Buttkicker (or better via Voice Meeter volume slider) so that the loudest sounds do not generate ratling klack-klack sounds

b) Use good quality sound card (I have cheap USB sound card and it produces worse (ie. uneven rattling) buttkicker output than my onboard sound card)

c) Insert some silencing pad into the device:

Thanks for your advise. I'll give it another try.

Btw, I can "hear" Wags through the BK because I enabled audio mirroring in steamvr. For now this in combination with just a few SSA effects like flaps, gear up/down etc gives me the best results so far.

I'd like to use SSA alone, that's what I bought Andre's Module for. But unfortunately it just doesn't come anyway close to F14 engine rumbling or afterburner ie with audio mirroring. Or I'm doing something wrong here. I was flying with SSA alone for one week. Then I was reminded what the BK is actually capable of when I enabled Steamvr audio mirroring... with absolutely NO klack-klacks. So is it me or the effect source of SSA? ;)

Win10 Pro, Intel i9 9700k @5GHz, GeForce RTX 2080 TI, 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 @3200MHz RAM, MSI z390 Gaming Plus, HP Reverb Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD Base, Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB (for DCS), Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB (for Win10), Philips PHL 274E

For those of you that are experiencing clattering issues in ButtKicker transducers, check these guys out:

http://earthquakesound.com/index.php/en/home-audio-division/home-products/tactile-transducers

I'm running a Q10B 1000W transducer off their XJ-700R amp, and I love it. Works perfectly with SSA. I haven't experienced any clatter even after turning it up until my vision blurs. Yes, it's that strong. My sim equipment is mounted on a platform and casters, and it all probably weighs maybe 200 pounds. The transducer is mounted on the platform, not the seat, and it shakes the whole thing.

Call them up and chat with them, they're nice folks.

I had ButtKicker setups and experienced quality issues with their amps and equipment, and not only that, they can never seem to keep replacement items in stock and I guess that more than anything prompted me to look elsewhere. Very satisfied with Earthquake equipment.

Edited by GeneralDynamics

System Specs:

Win 10 x64 Pro, ASUS Maximus X Formula, i9-9900K @ 4.7 GHz, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200 MHz, NZXT Kraken X73 AIO Cooler, Titan X Pascal GPU, EVGA Supernova 1000W P2 PSU, C: 1TB Samsung 960 Pro m.2 PCIe SSD, D: 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SATA SSD, HT Omega Claro PCIe 7.1 Sound, Denon AVR-1709 7.1 Receiver, 46" Sharp Aquos Quattron Main Screen, 27" Acer T272HL TouchScreen + Helios, TrackIR 5, ThrustMaster HOTAS Warthog, Crosswinds pedals, SimShaker

Every bass shaker as a "good/working frequency range". Sometimes it might be necessary to modify the effect files thus they match you specific speaker. In my case, I added/mounted some weights to my shaker to dampen high frequencies and provide more "punch" to my system. However, I'm mixing in some game sound as well...

Regarding the flap thing, I'll have a look once I've some more time. Currently everything is running crazy here in Germany and thus I'm pretty busy keeping my normal business running...