[Official] SimShaker for Aviators

Thanks much. I rolled back .NetFramework from 4.8.0 to 4.7.2. I’m also back to SSA Ver.1.3.7.5. Still no joy. And Yep, I’d appreciate your offer to send me a special version with a debug output so we can troubleshoot the problem and hopefully find a fix. BTW: Just ordered Andre’s new Jet Seat. Looking forward to receiving it. As always, thanks for your dedication and help.

Mike

Ok... Does this issue only happen with the F18?

I just published a new beta... you could give it a try...

Edited by f4l0

For my setup, sometime, Windows resets the default sound output device to something else then Voicemeter, maybe that is the issue here?

Thanks for reply.

I did check that and it is set for Voicemeter.

Still having same issue.

Win 10 64bit; 32 GB DDR4 3200 Ram; ASUS MoBo; 1TB SSD;Intel i7 8700K; GTX 1080ti 11GB; Thrustmaster Warthog;Odyssey + VR

Not sure if it was some of the recent updates or if the export repair fixed it, but the A-10 gun effect is working again and the beer placed in the cockpit cupholder is foaming again every time the trigger second detent is pressed. This is diamond.

Frankly, I'm only set up for the Hornet. Not flying anything else. See my pit below:

Did you try the latest beta version? Does this error still happen? If so, could you please try one of the other modules...

Cheers

Yep. I tried 1.3.8.1. Still the same results. The Opps window. I'll see if I can roll back to a SSA version prior to 1.3.8.0 or even,1.3.7.5. Note, that I tried a system restore on Saturday but was blocked by Windows 10.

Really strange... Is it the same message? Could you please post the message? Did you try to repair the SSA export?

Hi Olaf: Thanks for working with me on this problem. Installed the beta you sent in your pm and got the Oops message below. Note that I was trying to send the image in a PM but couldn't get it to copy. So I'm sending t via this open post. Thanks again and hope to talk soon.

As always, best regards,

248312638_SSA1.3.8.1OOPsCapture.PNG.0f5e7911345cfff1d180d20767467493.PNG

I have a question about how sound module interfaces with DCS. What I want to do is have various electrical actuators fire/turn on when sound module sends a signal to the other transducers/shakers/jetseat. One example is when the ejection seat fires, I want an electromagnetic lock to actuate. Essentially, when the locks magnet is electrified, it throws the bolt away from the magnet. The energy is good enough that the feeling is similar to being kicked in the back, just like being ejected from a plane. It also would be perfect for the catapult launch. So the signal from SSA would go to the seat and Sound Module normally and would still do what it does for the shakers. Nothing would change, but the initial signal going to the shaker would also provide the signal to a relay that would then open to signal the relay to open and then to fire the lock bolt.

I am not explaining it too well. The signal doesn't have to sustain anything and I don't think it would take anything away from the proper functioning of the shaker. It would essentially be like a lighted switch. The light on the switch is really just a parasitic effect and it's energy would be enough to open the relay. After the relay opens, there is no further need for electricity.

Since the signals from DCS to the Jetseat and Sound module originate in SSA, I think the answer lies here..

i7-7700K, 32GB DDR4, 525GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080Ti 11GB, Liquid Cooling, Win 10, Warthog HOTAS, TPR Pedals, HP Reverb, Oculus Rift with Touch, Jetseat and bass shakers, PointCTRL, and Scale F-14B Cockpit

Hi.

I updated to the last beta version (.8.1) but the F-16 is not shown on the aircraft list. May there be anything wrong or do I need to select "generic jet engine" to use SimShaker with the viper?

Thanks.

Spanish Ala12rv Pilot 

Nevada TTR // Persian Gulf // Syria // South Atlantic

T.35C Tamiz // C-101 Mirlo // F-5E Tiger // FA-18C Hornet // Mirage F1 // EF2K!!! // F-14B Tomcat // F-16C Viper

MSI.Z690 // i9-12900F 5.1GHz // RTX3090 24GB // DDR5 5600Mhz 64GB

QuestPro // Hotas.Warthog // MFG.Crosswind // WW.Panels // TK.ICP // MFD.Cougar // Jetseat

Hi.

I updated to the last beta version (.8.1) but the F-16 is not shown on the aircraft list. May there be anything wrong or do I need to select "generic jet engine" to use SimShaker with the viper?

Thanks.

You need to first fire up DCS with SSA running in the background, and once DCS runs, SSA finds the F-16 entry.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

You need to first fire up DCS with SSA running in the background, and once DCS runs, SSA finds the F-16 entry.

It worked!! Thanks mate

Spanish Ala12rv Pilot 

Nevada TTR // Persian Gulf // Syria // South Atlantic

T.35C Tamiz // C-101 Mirlo // F-5E Tiger // FA-18C Hornet // Mirage F1 // EF2K!!! // F-14B Tomcat // F-16C Viper

MSI.Z690 // i9-12900F 5.1GHz // RTX3090 24GB // DDR5 5600Mhz 64GB

QuestPro // Hotas.Warthog // MFG.Crosswind // WW.Panels // TK.ICP // MFD.Cougar // Jetseat

Since a few updates I always get a windows security warning when an SSA updates rolls out.

1287375122_ssarisky.PNG.71b438b54c1d6894207620f1fa441b42.PNG

Only thing I can do is to skip the update. Anyone knows which windows 10 setting I need to change to allow the update to proceed?

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

How can i buy this software with US currency? PayPal does not allow transactions in the default currency for the developers country. I have played with the demo versions of this software, and I finally made it work. But, I am unable to buy the software.

How to buy with US currency??????

How can i buy this software with US currency? PayPal does not allow transactions in the default currency for the developers country. I have played with the demo versions of this software, and I finally made it work. But, I am unable to buy the software.

How to buy with US currency??????

Hey, SimShaker for Aviators is FREE :-) However, if you like, donations are welcome...

Hi and thanks for your reply. Isn't the SimShaker Sound Module a payware product? Also, you need the paid product to get all of the shaker effects, right?

Yes, you need to buy the SoundModule if you use a bass shaker, but this plugin/addon is not developed by me.

If you like, you can read about the history of the SimShaker project on the first post of this thread.

I think in such a case ClickOnce part of your Windows system may be not quite sane. SimShaker will not be automatically updated.

If you rename C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0 folder to 2.0_backup for example and restart Windows it will clear so called ClickOnce cache. You will be prompted to re-download all your ClickOnce applications once more, including SimShaker, once you double click the shortcut and it will probably will work in the normal fashion.

You can remove 2.0_backup folder afterwards.

Some more details you can find here https://www.kb.blackbaud.com/articles/Article/50811

Andre, thank you! After I initially got it working, I never came back and checked out this thread. Turns out I had exactly the problem you mention -- SSA was no longer updating itself. Renaming the 2.0 folder solved the issue. Thanks!

Hi f4l0, great work. Could you perhaps alter the way the effect works in prop planes? It would be cool to have it where you feel the startup and vibrations whilst the aircrafts are running at low/idle rpm.

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals