[Official] SimShaker for Aviators

Is there a way to assign an effect or vibration or something to the initial thump/shock of a catapult shot? I have a transducer that will basically punch me in the back when that thump happens. Now all I have to do is get something to tell that transducer to fire.

Is this more a Sound Module thing?

Edited by mariner3302

i7-7700K, 32GB DDR4, 525GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080Ti 11GB, Liquid Cooling, Win 10, Warthog HOTAS, TPR Pedals, HP Reverb, Oculus Rift with Touch, Jetseat and bass shakers, PointCTRL, and Scale F-14B Cockpit

Is there a way to assign an effect or vibration or something to the initial thump/shock of a catapult shot? I have a transducer that will basically punch me in the back when that thump happens. Now all I have to do is get something to tell that transducer to fire.

Is this more a Sound Module thing?

DCS does not export the data if you are on a catapult or not... I'll try to extract that data with sudden change in velocity... It's on my list but please be patient..

Sorry, but where can I get that from?

I think everytime you start up SSA, automatically checks for online updates :thumbup:

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

There were a few complaints regarding similar issues lately.

I think you guys can try to search for SimShaker for Aviators.exe in some of system named subfolders inside your C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0 folder and to run it manually.

There should be 2 folders containing SimShaker for Aviators.exe - 1 for the actual version and another for the previous one (a kind of a backup). You will need the first one.

Thank you, that seems to have done the trick!

Awesome to hear the F-16 has been added....but umm any way to actually update? No auto check/update going on here.

I downloaded the SSA setup file form the blog download section, but running it just loads current install of SSA, not a setup process. Also there is no update option in the software.

Edited by VampireNZ

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I've never seen a beta version for sim shaker aviator, nor have i ever seen an update available or automatic update occur for this software...ive always had to uninstall and reinstall newest version from website.

http://dsteam.azurewebsites.net/SSA/beta/publish.htm

It's always automatically updated for me. It checks every time the program is started.

Yeah I managed to track it down eventually.

Profile is working great - unfortunately no gatling gun fire effect thou :(

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeah I managed to track it down eventually.

Profile is working great - unfortunately no gatling gun fire effect thou :(

Do you use unlimited ammo?

Update: I just tested it on my side and the gun effect is working...

Edited by f4l0

Thank you, that seems to have done the trick!

I think in such a case ClickOnce part of your Windows system may be not quite sane. SimShaker will not be automatically updated.

If you rename C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0 folder to 2.0_backup for example and restart Windows it will clear so called ClickOnce cache. You will be prompted to re-download all your ClickOnce applications once more, including SimShaker, once you double click the shortcut and it will probably will work in the normal fashion.

You can remove 2.0_backup folder afterwards.

Some more details you can find here https://www.kb.blackbaud.com/articles/Article/50811

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Do you use unlimited ammo?

Update: I just tested it on my side and the gun effect is working...

Hi - no I don't use unlimited ammo. All other effects are working ok.

Edit: I just tried a SSA DCS Repair Export - gun effects are loud and proud. Thanks f4l0!

Edited by VampireNZ

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think in such a case ClickOnce part of your Windows system may be not quite sane. SimShaker will not be automatically updated.

If you rename C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0 folder to 2.0_backup for example and restart Windows it will clear so called ClickOnce cache. You will be prompted to re-download all your ClickOnce applications once more, including SimShaker, once you double click the shortcut and it will probably will work in the normal fashion.

You can remove 2.0_backup folder afterwards.

Some more details you can find here https://www.kb.blackbaud.com/articles/Article/50811

I would recommend people don't do this. My pc will now not run Simshaker at all and all sort of issues are now occuring. I even put the backup back and its still stuffed.

Win11 64bit, AMD Ryzen 58003DX, GeForce 3070 8GB, 2TB SSD, 64GB DDR4 RAM at 3200MHz _ full 1:1 FA-18C Cockpit https://www.youtube.com/@TheHornetProject

I would recommend people don't do this. My pc will now not run Simshaker at all and all sort of issues are now occuring.

Yes I had all sorts of issues as well last time I wanted to run SSA beta instead of SSA, and switching back afterwards. I'll just wait for the release version to be updated :)

Any issues with the F-16C in SSA? If not, I'll release a new stable version today...

Thank you! :thumbup:

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

I would recommend people don't do this. My pc will now not run Simshaker at all and all sort of issues are now occuring. I even put the backup back and its still stuffed.

That's a pity it didn't help. Maybe your case was a different one than I assumed.

ClickOnce is a minor part of Windows, which can be recovered by Windows itself, so in my option it's very little likely to get "all sort of issues" due to its failure.

But Windows is a complicated system. If you are not sure you better do not do that.

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My thanks both to f410 and the kind individuals who bought him the modules to enable development.

Just been out in my F16, awesome.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.