[Official] SimShaker for Aviators

Haven't been flying much lately. But today I was testing SSA with the F/A-18 and noticed that the Wheel Blocking was shaking all the time. I shut everything else off except that while I was in flight and it still shook.

So, I'm not sure what Wheel Blocking is? Is it for when they put the Chocks in?

I also noticed that I have to turn the Ground Roll up to 100% to get even a mild shake. I would like to turn it up to 150%.. It just seems too low.. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

Haven't been flying much lately. But today I was testing SSA with the F/A-18 and noticed that the Wheel Blocking was shaking all the time. I shut everything else off except that while I was in flight and it still shook.

So, I'm not sure what Wheel Blocking is? Is it for when they put the Chocks in?

I also noticed that I have to turn the Ground Roll up to 100% to get even a mild shake. I would like to turn it up to 150%.. It just seems too low.. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Thx for the report. I'll have a look once I've some spare time...

I think I asked this about a year ago, but forgot.. What is Wheel Blocking?

A few minutes later I think it wasn't constantly running. I'll test it again later after a reboot.

Sent from my Moto Z Play using Tapatalk

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

Thanks. I'm confident your collaboration with Blu will deliver a remedy aimed at a truly all-around immersive experience. After all, that's the goal you guys are dedicated to achieving. And to be quite frank, as a modest pi-builder, I can't fly without my Jet Seat/SSA working along side Blu's Helios exports. The symbiotic relationship between the two apps - and realistic results - are just pure nirvana - IMHO.

Again, thanks for your unflinching support to the community.

Best regards,

Mike

Thx for the report. I'll have a look once I've some spare time...

I checked again today and the Wheel Blocking was not constantly running. So, probably just a weird glitch.

To date, I haven't fiddled with any of the settings. I just run defaults. I have read where some of the settings don't make sense and should be turned off. But I generally getting what I want with default settings: bumps when I think there should be bumps, such as stalling or driving down the runway. Additionally, you get some cues about which way you are banking or pitching.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi all,

Got my Jetseat a few days ago and already think it is amazing and taken the game to a whole new level for me! Great job guys.

I have been looking at a few settings and trying to figure out if there is a way to change the afterburner effect, via uwv or some other way, so you get an initial "big thump" in the F-15C when they kick in and then a slightly lower power continual rumble after this. You hear the audible thump of the engines, so I'd like to try and mirror this with the vibrations too.

Does anyone know if this is possible? I did ask Andre and he said it would be best to post it here!

I look forward to any help / suggestions!

Hi all,

Got my Jetseat a few days ago and already think it is amazing and taken the game to a whole new level for me! Great job guys.

I have been looking at a few settings and trying to figure out if there is a way to change the afterburner effect, via uwv or some other way, so you get an initial "big thump" in the F-15C when they kick in and then a slightly lower power continual rumble after this. You hear the audible thump of the engines, so I'd like to try and mirror this with the vibrations too.

Does anyone know if this is possible? I did ask Andre and he said it would be best to post it here!

I look forward to any help / suggestions!

Hey Matt,

I know what you mean, currently the AB effect slights in. But I might add an option in the future which will boost the strength for the initial phase...

Cheers

Hi there Olaf! I hope you might help me out with something. I'm working with FlyPT on his motion simulator software and out of 17 tested aircraft the Huey (naturally it had to be my most used module) is the only one our touchdown detection isn't working on.

Huey doesn't seem to be putting out telemetry updates for the struts, but SimShaker for Aviators is still somehow detecting the touchdown.

We are using the following in the LUA:

LoGetAircraftDrawArgumentValue(1)

LoGetAircraftDrawArgumentValue(4)

LoGetAircraftDrawArgumentValue(6)

The Huey never updates these values as I fly/land/crash. If possible please let me know how you are detecting touchdown on the Huey.

Thank you!

PS- I absolutely love SSA and couldn't live without it at this point but I think your piston engine effects in Simshaker sound in general need to be a much faster beat. It feels like a one cylinder engine running in the aircraft I've flown! Thump thump thump. I've been considering trying to make my own sound file for it but thought you might want to address it "officially".

Edited by TripRodriguez

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Demo of my 6DOF Motion VR Sim:

Thanks for the response f4l0!

Being quite new to all this, how long do these changes usually take? Do you have a development roadmap you are working too or is it more based on user requests?

Thanks again.

I applied the following (Line 569 in my file) edit to the SimShaker.lua file under the SSA Install directory to export the C-101CC data. The same type of "or" statement was used for the L-39 export on line 591.

elseif obj.Name == "C-101EB" or obj.Name == "C-101CC" then

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fair Winds and Following Seas

AppCrash on opening SimShaker Beta App

Hey Guys!

I was hoping someone might have some advice for me in that in the last week this application has started to immediately crash when opening. I see it briefly in the task tray but when I hover over it it, it immediately closes. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling without any success. I am running the latest version of Windows 10 and try to keep all drivers at the very latest.

Below is the XML data from the two Application Log event entries that get recorded when attempting to open the app.

Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Log Name: Application

Source: Application Error

Date: 7/1/2019 7:57:17 PM

Event ID: 1000

Task Category: (100)

Level: Error

Keywords: Classic

User: N/A

Computer: DESKTOP-TPHU46L

Description:

Faulting application name: SimShaker for Aviators beta.exe, version: 1.3.7.3, time stamp: 0x5d0616f4

Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.17763.475, time stamp: 0x9877ee8b

Exception code: 0xe0434352

Fault offset: 0x0011c762

Faulting process id: 0x1654

Faulting application start time: 0x01d52ff35d808222

Faulting application path: C:\Users\bpmor\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0\EK4LY7TT.JQT\7J75DT9O.J1H\sims..tion_582bdd2a80198c18_0001.0003_207c481763c8ff81\SimShaker for Aviators beta.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll

Report Id: f41cf3e5-1e91-49cb-8919-9c151bfde1d1

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Application Error" />

<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>100</Task>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2019-07-01T09:57:17.117412400Z" />

<EventRecordID>3242</EventRecordID>

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer>DESKTOP-TPHU46L</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data>SimShaker for Aviators beta.exe</Data>

<Data>1.3.7.3</Data>

<Data>5d0616f4</Data>

<Data>KERNELBASE.dll</Data>

<Data>10.0.17763.475</Data>

<Data>9877ee8b</Data>

<Data>e0434352</Data>

<Data>0011c762</Data>

<Data>1654</Data>

<Data>01d52ff35d808222</Data>

<Data>C:\Users\bpmor\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0\EK4LY7TT.JQT\7J75DT9O.J1H\sims..tion_582bdd2a80198c18_0001.0003_207c481763c8ff81\SimShaker for Aviators beta.exe</Data>

<Data>C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll</Data>

<Data>f41cf3e5-1e91-49cb-8919-9c151bfde1d1</Data>

<Data>

</Data>

<Data>

</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

Log Name: Application

Source: .NET Runtime

Date: 7/1/2019 7:57:17 PM

Event ID: 1026

Task Category: None

Level: Error

Keywords: Classic

User: N/A

Computer: DESKTOP-TPHU46L

Description:

Application: SimShaker for Aviators beta.exe

Framework Version: v4.0.30319

Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.

Exception Info: System.Xml.XmlException

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(System.Exception)

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(System.String, System.String[])

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseText(Int32 ByRef, Int32 ByRef, Int32 ByRef)

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseText()

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent()

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()

at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read()

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Skip()

at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Skip()

at System.Configuration.XmlUtil.StrictSkipToNextElement(System.Configuration.ExceptionAction)

at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ScanSectionsRecursive(System.Configuration.XmlUtil, System.String, Boolean, System.String, System.Configuration.OverrideModeSetting, Boolean)

at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ScanSectionsRecursive(System.Configuration.XmlUtil, System.String, Boolean, System.String, System.Configuration.OverrideModeSetting, Boolean)

at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ScanSections(System.Configuration.XmlUtil)

at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.InitConfigFromFile()

Exception Info: System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException

at System.Configuration.ConfigurationSchemaErrors.ThrowIfErrors(Boolean)

at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ThrowIfParseErrors(System.Configuration.ConfigurationSchemaErrors)

at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ThrowIfInitErrors()

at System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.OnConfigRemoved(System.Object, System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigEventArgs)

at System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.OnConfigRemoved(System.Object, System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigEventArgs)

at System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigRoot.OnConfigRemoved(System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigEventArgs)

at System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigRoot.RemoveConfigImpl(System.String, System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord)

at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.GetSectionRecursive(System.String, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean, System.Object ByRef, System.Object ByRef)

at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.GetSection(System.String)

at System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.System.Configuration.Internal.IInternalConfigSystem.GetSection(System.String)

at System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.GetSection(System.String)

at System.Configuration.ClientSettingsStore.ReadSettings(System.String, Boolean)

at System.Configuration.LocalFileSettingsProvider.GetPropertyValues(System.Configuration.SettingsContext, System.Configuration.SettingsPropertyCollection)

at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertiesFromProvider(System.Configuration.SettingsProvider)

at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertyValueByName(System.String)

at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.get_Item(System.String)

at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.GetPropertyValue(System.String)

at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.get_Item(System.String)

at SimShaker.Properties.Settings.get_Starter_ShowBalloon()

at SimShaker.UI.AutoStarterForm..ctor()

at SimShaker.Program.Main(System.String[])

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name=".NET Runtime" />

<EventID Qualifiers="0">1026</EventID>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>0</Task>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2019-07-01T09:57:17.071925000Z" />

<EventRecordID>3241</EventRecordID>

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer>DESKTOP-TPHU46L</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data>Application: SimShaker for Aviators beta.exe

Framework Version: v4.0.30319

Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.

Exception Info: System.Xml.XmlException

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(System.Exception)

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(System.String, System.String[])

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseText(Int32 ByRef, Int32 ByRef, Int32 ByRef)

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseText()

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent()

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()

at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read()

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Skip()

at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Skip()

at System.Configuration.XmlUtil.StrictSkipToNextElement(System.Configuration.ExceptionAction)

at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ScanSections(System.Configuration.XmlUtil)

at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.InitConfigFromFile()

at System.Configuration.ConfigurationSchemaErrors.ThrowIfErrors(Boolean)

at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ThrowIfParseErrors(System.Configuration.ConfigurationSchemaErrors)

at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ThrowIfInitErrors()

at System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigRoot.OnConfigRemoved(System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigEventArgs)

at System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigRoot.RemoveConfigImpl(System.String, System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord)

at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.GetSectionRecursive(System.String, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean, System.Object ByRef, System.Object ByRef)

at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.GetSection(System.String)

at System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.System.Configuration.Internal.IInternalConfigSystem.GetSection(System.String)

at System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.GetSection(System.String)

at System.Configuration.ClientSettingsStore.ReadSettings(System.String, Boolean)

at System.Configuration.LocalFileSettingsProvider.GetPropertyValues(System.Configuration.SettingsContext, System.Configuration.SettingsPropertyCollection)

at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertiesFromProvider(System.Configuration.SettingsProvider)

at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertyValueByName(System.String)

at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.get_Item(System.String)

at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.GetPropertyValue(System.String)

at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.get_Item(System.String)

at SimShaker.Properties.Settings.get_Starter_ShowBalloon()

at SimShaker.UI.AutoStarterForm..ctor()

at SimShaker.Program.Main(System.String[])

</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

I applied the following (Line 569 in my file) edit to the SimShaker.lua file under the SSA Install directory to export the C-101CC data. The same type of "or" statement was used for the L-39 export on line 591.

elseif obj.Name == "C-101EB" or obj.Name == "C-101CC" then

Oh, you are right, I'll add this for the next release ;)

Thanks for the response f4l0!

Being quite new to all this, how long do these changes usually take? Do you have a development roadmap you are working too or is it more based on user requests?

Thanks again.

Due to the summertime, workload and the renovation of my house, SSA development is currently extremely slow. We try to move mid August into our new home. I hope to have more time for DCS and SSA after that...

Simshaker has for some time now had the bug where at least the following effects are completely missing:

- F-18 right engine rumble (You can easily notice this when you are at the ramp starting your right engine first. Left engine effect is working fine.)

- F-18 cannon/gun fire

- A-10C cannon/gun fire (Quite fundamental effect for this particular plane)

I have asked two other friends (similar setup) to test these and they are missing them as well. Hope to get this fixed soon.

Regardless of this small issue, thanks for the magnificent product.

Simshaker has for some time now had the bug where at least the following effects are completely missing:

- F-18 right engine rumble (You can easily notice this when you are at the ramp starting your right engine first. Left engine effect is working fine.)

- F-18 cannon/gun fire

- A-10C cannon/gun fire (Quite fundamental effect for this particular plane)

I have asked two other friends (similar setup) to test these and they are missing them as well. Hope to get this fixed soon.

Regardless of this small issue, thanks for the magnificent product.

Cannon/gun fire effects work in both modules, you must disable unlimited ammo.

Cannon/gun fire effects work in both modules, you must disable unlimited ammo.

It's obviously disabled. Does someone actually use unlimited ammo?

Hornet right engine rumble (non-afterburner rumble) and hornet/warthog guns still not working. Other effects are working fine.

It's obviously disabled. Does someone actually use unlimited ammo?

Hornet right engine rumble (non-afterburner rumble) and hornet/warthog guns still not working. Other effects are working fine.

Of course, I use unlimited for training purposes!

With Simshaker aviators and sound module (the last to work with Busskicker 2), the gun/cannon effect of F18, F14 and A10 work for me, and them are the most gratifying effects ;-)

Perhaps is because I have the last betas of simshaker, I don't know.

However, right engine rumble effect doesnt's work.

Of course, I use unlimited for training purposes!

With Simshaker aviators and sound module (the last to work with Busskicker 2), the gun/cannon effect of F18, F14 and A10 work for me, and them are the most gratifying effects ;-)

Perhaps is because I have the last betas of simshaker, I don't know.

However, right engine rumble effect doesnt's work.

So the hornet right engine rumble does not work, that's confirmed.

Regarding the gun, could it be that the effect is working but being clipped out by other high amplitude effects?

I have both, Jetseat in USB mode and 2 x Buttkickers with sound module. Worked perfectly before. Tested stable and beta versions of simshaker without success, also fresh install.

Edited by Firaga

So the hornet right engine rumble does not work, that's confirmed.

Regarding the gun, could it be that the effect is working but being clipped out by other high amplitude effects?

Tested both versions of simshaker without success, also fresh install.

Do you have jet seat or a bass shaker?