[Official] SimShaker for Aviators

Just installed the SSA and unfortunately gets this error.

When you get that error there should be a green icon in your task tray. It is the seat handler 1.0.0.8.

On it there is a drop down box to select the force feel seat. See if that fixes it.

Edited by Arctander

Strange...the app apparently starts, (and I have rumble) but when trying to open the UWV editor, I get a NET framework error. I checked that I have Microsoft .NET framework 4.6.1 (apparently I have this or a newer, since I cannot install from MS site and get a message I have or a newer version. I know this is s beta, so should I be able to adjust settings in the editor ?, or is this a "bug". I run Win10 Pro 64bit.

--------

System.NullReferenceException: The object reference is not set to an instance of an object.

ved UWVeditor.Form1.timer1_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)

ved System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)

ved System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

ved System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

When you get that error there should be a green icon in your task tray. It is the seat handler 1.0.0.8.

On it there is a drop down box to select the force feel seat. See if that fixes it.

It did :) but cannot use the "editor", is that normal (get e .NET framework error

Hey fellows,

Here are several issues mixed together...

I got a message from the Realtus dev with a new library/dll for the seat. I hope to test this library soon...

Hey fellows,

Here are several issues mixed together...

I got a message from the Realtus dev with a new library/dll for the seat. I hope to test this library soon...

Super, looking forward to hear further :)

Is it just me feeling only 6 motors out of 8 vibrating on the Realteus ForceFeel with SSA?

iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, i7 4 GHz, 32 GB RAM, AMD R9 M395X 4 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Cougar MFD | MFG Crosswind | EDTracker Pro | Realteus ForceFeel

DCS World | Bf109 | Fw190 A8/D9 | P47 | P51 | Spitfire | I16 | C101 | L39 | F86F | MiG15 | MiG19 | MiG21 | FC3 | A10C | AJS37 | AV8BNA | F5 | F14 | F16 | F/A18 | M2000 | JF17 | Christen Eagle | Yak52 | SA342 | UH1H | Mi8 | Ka50 | Combined Arms | NS430 | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Channel | Syria | NTTR | WWII Assets

Is it just me feeling only 6 motors out of 8 vibrating on the Realteus ForceFeel with SSA?

SSA says the seat to use all 8 motors but with 6 motor files. Thus I *should* control all motors! What do others observe? Maybe another issue which must be solved by the Realtus devs...

I can also report that with ForceFeel and DCS A10C - after I crash/get shot down. ForceFeel pad keeps vibrating until I close the SSA

Thanks, I try to reproduce it...

Update: I just published a new beta with the new ForceFell.dll. Maybe this improves the situation...

Edited by f4l0

After restart I Also tried a quick flight in an F18. As soon as I pulled G/caused turbulence the effect got stuck.

I can report however that all eight motors were vibrating for me....

Is it possible that the seat gets stuck with an effect it then blocks all following signals? Or could it be a 'disconnect' that leaves the last effect playing? Is there any way of seeing a log?

Edited by Arctander

I can also report that with ForceFeel and DCS A10C - after I crash/get shot down. ForceFeel pad keeps vibrating until I close the SSA

Is it just ejecting? I.e. does afterburner or turbulence or ground roll also cause it?

Does shutting down ssa stop it, or did you need to press the physical button on the seat?

Just did a short test flight. The A10C crash still requires me to reboot PC, if I want to use SSA with DCS.

When the plane crashes, vibration is constant but only in most forward motors (closest to the knees), shutting off ForceFeel pad with the button, of course, stops vibrations, but the will continue when the unit is turned back on.

Shutting down DCS does not stop vibrations.

Turning Off SSA and starting it again stops vibrations, but I also a loose connection to the unit - massage or motor test function does not work, the pad does not react to DCS.

I have tried to end processes: ibaJetSeatHandler and SSA, and start SSA again, this does not restore the connection to ForceFeel pad. Restart of PC helps.

Which process should be restarted to regain connection to ForceFeel pad?

Just did a short test flight. The A10C crash still requires me to reboot PC, if I want to use SSA with DCS.

When the plane crashes, vibration is constant but only in most forward motors (closest to the knees), shutting off ForceFeel pad with the button, of course, stops vibrations, but the will continue when the unit is turned back on.

Shutting down DCS does not stop vibrations.

Turning Off SSA and starting it again stops vibrations, but I also a loose connection to the unit - massage or motor test function does not work, the pad does not react to DCS.

I have tried to end processes: ibaJetSeatHandler and SSA, and start SSA again, this does not restore the connection to ForceFeel pad. Restart of PC helps.

Which process should be restarted to regain connection to ForceFeel pad?

No change for me. On test mode the 5th motor keeps running and won't stop requiring physical shut down of the seat.

Edit: If I close and restart SSA I get this error from the seat handler:

https://imgur.com/K4Qq2KX

Then this one

https://imgur.com/VPwmSni

So, only one motor is running crazy?

What happens if you close the ibeJetseatHandler application? That's the app you selected that you like to use the ForceFeel...

I'm currently on the road and be at home not until tomorrow evening...

I'm getting the same errors as Arctander from SeatHandler. And I am getting nothing from the ForceFeel. Unfortunately the last update seems to have broken things for me. I check with the ForceFeel Control Center and the connection works and all motors are working, but unfortunately I'm getting nothing from SSA when I launch DCS or X-plane.

Closing ibaJetSeatHandler stops vibrations. But i am not able to interact with seat without doing a proper PC restart. I am closing SSA and ibaJetSeatHandler processes in task manager, and starting it SSA again. Seat Handler 1.0.0.8 opens partly - GUI is not rendered fully, small form, no seat picture and nothing to choose. SSA won't interact with seat - motor test does not work.

If I click on it Seat Handler icon I get the option to start ibaSeatHandler process but this gives same errors as Arctander posted.

Upon a plane crash, my ForceFeel seat keeps running motor 1 and 2.

image to seat motors

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7919/39804112013_50c47c8403_b.jpg

Edited by NosTr4D4m
image to big

Closing ibaJetSeatHandler stops vibrations. But i am not able to interact with seat without doing a proper PC restart. I am closing SSA and ibaJetSeatHandler processes in task manager, and starting it SSA again. Seat Handler 1.0.0.8 opens partly - GUI is not rendered fully, small form, no seat picture and nothing to choose. SSA won't interact with seat - motor test does not work.

If I click on it Seat Handler icon I get the option to start ibaSeatHandler process but this gives same errors as Arctander posted.

Upon a plane crash, my ForceFeel seat keeps running motor 1 and 2.

image to seat motors

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7919/39804112013_50c47c8403_b.jpg

Could you please perform the following test. Disable the damage effect in SSA, open view->experimental effect monitor and then crash the plane. What effect is running crazy?

So, only one motor is running crazy?

What happens if you close the ibeJetseatHandler application? That's the app you selected that you like to use the ForceFeel...

I'm currently on the road and be at home not until tomorrow evening...

Hi f410.

Only motor 5 gets 'stuck' when doing the test run in SSA. When in game, and an effect gets 'stuck' it's every motor (all 8 ).

Closing the ibeJetSeatHandler has no effect on the forcefeel seat. I have to press the physical button on the seat and restart.

Edited by Arctander

I've just run two tests using the experimental monitor.

the first test I disabled damage I took off under afterburner and the effect persisted when back into military power. Experimental monitor showed this even after I crashed the plane.

https://imgur.com/m0WThxI

I then disabled afterburner, and took off on military power. Got some speed and popped out my speedbrake. An Effect persisted but when I looked at the monitor I saw nothing 'active' (If I understand correctly)

https://imgur.com/dYd5lcL

Edited by Arctander

Disabling Damage effect solves my problem. Which was Damage effect stucks after the plane is destroyed

I am flying A10C

I'll have a look if there is maybe a bug with one of the effect files...

@All I plan to release a new beta tonight or tomorrow with some enhancements regarding the seat handler...

With the last 2 beta versions of SSA, my ForceFeel doesn't work when DCS launches. I also can't run any vibration test.

ibaJetSeatHandler shows the green icon in the taskbar, but I can't open it by left-clicking. I only hear a Windows "ding" when I try to open it, but nothing happens. Only when I right click the icon, following errors appear:

OS7uiLj.png

GRSu8r9.png

Before the 1-before-last beta update, my ForceFeel worked fine. Having ForceFeel Control Centre installed or not installed doesn't make any difference. Uninstalling and re-installing SSA also didn't help.

Edited by Elysian Angel
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

With the last 2 beta versions of SSA, my ForceFeel doesn't work when DCS launches. I also can't run any vibration test.

ibaJetSeatHandler shows the green icon in the taskbar, but I can't open it by left-clicking. I only hear a Windows "ding" when I try to open it, but nothing happens. Only when I right click the icon, following errors appear:

OS7uiLj.png

GRSu8r9.png

Before the 1-before-last beta update, my ForceFeel worked fine. Having ForceFeel Control Centre installed or not installed doesn't make any difference. Uninstalling and re-installing SSA also didn't help.

I also have this same issue. I have written a bit more detailed message to Olaf about it. I wonder if it's the new ForceFeel DLL? I'm not sure. I try re-installing, re-starting, closing ibaJetSeatHandler, I even tried grabbing the ForceFeel.dll from the ForceFeel Control Center and putting it in the SSA folder as a replacement, but unfortunately to no avail. For now I am back to just using the FF in sound mode which is nowhere as rewarding or immersive as when using the amazing SSA.