What Jaguar GR1 ?

That got my intertest !!!!!!

There was a Jaguar GR1 in the old 2.5 version mate

AMD Ryzen 9 7845HX with Radeon Graphics           3.00 GHz

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

There was a French Jaguar A around,  with French liveries, it stopped working a long time ago and nobody resurrected it as far as I know.  It was made by a group who's name escapes me now.  Some of their other stuff does reappears from time to time as other groups (VSN inc) rebuild it to the 2.7 standard but I never saw the Jaguar A reappear, it needed to be rebuilt in 3dmax and a new edm exported to 2.7 standard but nobody was much interested in doing the work.  I recollect trying to generate some interest in it along with Hawkeye60 but to no avail.  If we are talking about a different GR1 Model I would be seriously interested,  I would love to do some skins for that. 

Jaguar A is VERY similar to the GR1, the GR1 has the radar pod attached to near the top of the fin, thats the most noticeable difference. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, crazyeddie said:

but I never saw the Jaguar A reappear, it needed to be rebuilt in 3dmax and a new edm exported to 2.7 standard but nobody was much interested in doing the work. 

Not quite true.

The interest was there, but re-export can't be done without the source file. The original author never replied, so the only option would have been to make a model from scratch.

17 hours ago, razo+r said:

Not quite true.

The interest was there, but re-export can't be done without the source file. The original author never replied, so the only option would have been to make a model from scratch.

Rgr ... as I indicated my memory of it was a little bit vague.   So what is this GR1 that Oban is talking about, is it the same model I wonder or is there a decent GR1 out there.  

PS: I did some Brit skins for that Jaguar A, I have them filed away somewhere, if it ever reappears I will dig them out. 

Edited by crazyeddie

New YF-12A version 2.7.5.02

New with damage model and the brake parachute should be visible in online mode now.

- VSN_YF12A.edm collision model
- VSN_YF12A-oblomok-wing-l.edm + VSN_YF12A-oblomok-wing-r.edm
- vsn_yf12a_lod01.edm
- VSN_YF12A.lods customized
- VSN_YF12A.lua customized

https://filehorst.de/folder.php?key=duuqITUb

@Jack_VeilYou should match your download link with this one above. Nice work from you

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Hello, this afternoon I had the pleasure of downloading and flying the VSN-YF-12 Black Bird , an interesting aircraft for the DCS.
However, I humbly ask the creators of these amazing mods, to look with affection for two mods that will be created will make the delight of old generation virtual pilots, which are the North American F-100 Super Saber and the Chance-Vought F8U Cruzader.
If the F-80, F-84 already exi

Hello, this afternoon I had the pleasure of downloading and flying the VSN-YF-12 Black Bird , an interesting aircraft for the DCS.
However, I humbly ask the creators of these amazing mods, to look with affection for two mods that will be created will make the delight of old generation virtual pilots, which are the North American F-100 Super Saber and the Chance-Vought F8U Cruzader.
If the F-80, F-84 already exist, why not these two fighters!

Il 5/9/2021 at 01:11, cdpkobra ha scritto:

New YF-12A version 2.7.5.02

New with damage model and the brake parachute should be visible in online mode now.

- VSN_YF12A.edm collision model
- VSN_YF12A-oblomok-wing-l.edm + VSN_YF12A-oblomok-wing-r.edm
- vsn_yf12a_lod01.edm
- VSN_YF12A.lods customized
- VSN_YF12A.lua customized

https://filehorst.de/folder.php?key=duuqITUb

@Jack_VeilYou should match your download link with this one above. Nice work from you

Ok, ASAP I'll work on it!

Thank you

• Thanks 1

Hi All,

I totally agre with Jacson158 request posted yesterday, for a F-100 and a F-8U Crusader Mods , which, I think, would be great additions to DCS.

They would perfectly fit with the existing F-4, F-105, and other cold war and Vietnam era Mods, e.g., the Migs, A-4, A-6, etc.

Are there any of theses F-100 and F-8U  somewhere, even flying AI only ?

Thanks,

Fly low

Edited by toan

Well in my case my Christmas gift would be a MIG-27M I bought a good 3d model a while back in different formats but since I am job less I haven't had time or resources to make a mod out of it and casually it looks like the one that just came out in the WT game but I can dream right.

5 hours ago, Urbi said:

Incidentally, I made the model of the A-4 and the RF-80A available to the team.

Thank you so much, the F-80 is a jewel :thumbup:

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Love the SR-71's.  Thanks to everyone involved.

If I can suggest, they need weathering.

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234951555-what-color-for-sr-71a-how-to-weather/ 

Or this discussion

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?/topic/208499-sr-71-blackbird-doubts/

Basically "iron ball" not shiny and that picture posted in Britmodeller shows streaks etc.

Again thanks to everyone involved.

Sorry to go off topic, but I am trying to decide if I can find someplace to display the new Revell 1/48 SR-71.  Hang from the ceiling? https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235067176-148-lockheed-sr-71-blackbird-by-revell-3d-renderstest-shotsbox-art-release-october-2021/&do=findComment&comment=4173509

Edited by NoCoolName66

Hi, even for me the F-35 C version alone behaves like this when landing on aircraft carriers; even the take-off of the F-35 C version is not going well, it takes off but the exhaust remains in the take off position and then crashes after a couple of minutes.

CPU: i7 12700K 5.0 Ghz - MB: Asus Prime Z-690P - Cooler cpu: MSI MAG CORELIQUID 360R V2 - RAM: XPG Lancer RGB 64 Gb 6000 - GPU: ASUS Rog Strix Gaming RTX 4080 16G - SSD M2 PCi4: 1x XPG Gamming S70 1 TB -  1x MSI Spatium M480 2 TB - 1x Crucial P3 Plus 4 TB - Power: CORSAIR HX1000i - Case: COOLER MASTER H500 ARGBP - Hotas Warthog (FLC+THR)-  - TM MFD Coguar - Honeycomb Alfa Flight Controller - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - Virpil TCS Plus base+ SharKa-50 Collective Grip - Virpil Mongoost T-50 CM3 Throttle - Virpil Sharka-50 CP3 -  Virpil Alpha Constellation Alpha + Moongose T-50 CM3 base - Virpil ACE Collection Pedals -Track IR5 - Oculus Rift S -  HP Reverb G2 V2 - Monitor MSI Optix MAG322CQR WQHD 165 Hz - Windows 10 Pro - DCS: All Modules & Terrains

16 ore fa, Marroux ha scritto:

Hi,

My F35 VSN fails to land.
Whatever the ship, the approach goes well, but the F35 quietly enters the water at the last moment.

Is this a known problem?

Hi, even for me the F-35 C version alone behaves like this when landing on aircraft carriers; even the take-off of the F-35 C version is not going well, it takes off but the exhaust remains in the take off position and then crashes after a couple of minutes.

CPU: i7 12700K 5.0 Ghz - MB: Asus Prime Z-690P - Cooler cpu: MSI MAG CORELIQUID 360R V2 - RAM: XPG Lancer RGB 64 Gb 6000 - GPU: ASUS Rog Strix Gaming RTX 4080 16G - SSD M2 PCi4: 1x XPG Gamming S70 1 TB -  1x MSI Spatium M480 2 TB - 1x Crucial P3 Plus 4 TB - Power: CORSAIR HX1000i - Case: COOLER MASTER H500 ARGBP - Hotas Warthog (FLC+THR)-  - TM MFD Coguar - Honeycomb Alfa Flight Controller - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - Virpil TCS Plus base+ SharKa-50 Collective Grip - Virpil Mongoost T-50 CM3 Throttle - Virpil Sharka-50 CP3 -  Virpil Alpha Constellation Alpha + Moongose T-50 CM3 base - Virpil ACE Collection Pedals -Track IR5 - Oculus Rift S -  HP Reverb G2 V2 - Monitor MSI Optix MAG322CQR WQHD 165 Hz - Windows 10 Pro - DCS: All Modules & Terrains

On 7/24/2021 at 5:13 PM, jacson158 said:

Hello to all moderators and here I appeal to cdpkobra and its collaborators: please consider for a moment making a F8E Cruzader Mod, even with the cockpit of the
F-15, so that we can use the ED carrier, in a 60's scenario.
We already have the A-4, the A-6 and even the F-105 Thund, even missing the F8E, so we can
create a scenario of the Vietnam conflict.
Since
Thank you for all the VSN flyable aircraft mods.

Hi @jacson158

That is a fantastic idea. The F8 will be made by, I think, Letherneck Simulations as a full fidelity module. As it takes time to make the mods (and mostly a bit of money) it might be not that appealing. The next problem is, that if SFM is used, there is a problem with carrier landing with SFM-MODs...of course it might be worth a look or two 😉 Your described scenario is one that is appealing to me as well 😉 But wouldn't be the F-4 a better fit??

And here is a bit of NEWS:

There will be a rerelease of the VSN_F104G/S Mod with a 3d-cockpit and with an EFM. It will take place in October, so I would advise to just watch this space 🙂

But before, J.P.Ferrée has a little treat for you

On the 17th of september he will air the Trailer for the ReRelease, (which is pretty cool by the way) on his channel. Here is the cover of the Trailer:

TWM_COVER_1920x1080-1.jpg.66d7965030269200c3a35a5df431958c.jpg

And here is the link to his channel with lots of other pretty cool cinematics and short-films:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCencd-epE-gXBElKqQfoyBg

So take a look, have fun and watch this space for further news.

Cheers,

PeeJott.

Edited by PeeJott17
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3