VSN flyable aircraft mods

Use other cockpit on VSN flyable?

I do not care about weapons or cockpit functionality in regards to a solution, but is there any way to use a full fidelity module cockpit on a flyable?

Edited by marquaad

Dear Oban,

I've just checked those Tornados. Nothing weird to report: I've been able, as usual, to load any kind of weapon, tank or device on its proper pylon (well, of course) from those available in their own database.

So, please tell me how and in what could I help you.

One more; sure do you already have tried to uninstall and re-install them from scratch, right?

With best regards.

Did multiple clean ups, and repairs and 2-3 reboots, and deleted all the old VSN Tornado stuff, and re -installed, seems to be back up and running again.

DCS in a nutshell lol

AMD Ryzen 9 7845HX with Radeon Graphics           3.00 GHz

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

Do the weapons work?

I will check, dumb bombs come off without any issues, IIRC before 2.6, could never lock/launch Sea Eagles or the Alarms before.

AMD Ryzen 9 7845HX with Radeon Graphics           3.00 GHz

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

I don't have FC, but I do have the f15C and A10A modules. Is there a way to get the Tornado flyable with just the A10A pit?
I don't have fc either. but have been able to use all of the vsn mods. I do have the a10a and f15c. I needed the su27 for the tornado so tested it with the free trial then bought it when I saw it working. So far so good in single play and on a closed multilayer basis.

Can't get the aircraft carrier to work as game crashes looking for some fake light fbx or something but everything else OK for now. I'm using . 6 open beta

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk

Edited by ICEVIPER

mod does't work, F35 have invisible cockpit, Tornado don't have cockpit and visual is on top of the frame. I have FC3 istalled thx to free event

The free event has ended, so your fc3 isn't really working even if it is still installed.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Hello, everyone,

I can choose the machine in the Open Beta. It is also marked yellow, so it is a machine that I as a player should be able to control.

But when i go on a mission, i can only look at the plane and not into the cockpit.

I own the module FC3. Does anyone have any ideas?

A Youtube video for the installation would be nice, because you can see if you make any mistakes while copying or executing the module.

Version: DCS OpenBeta 6.8.2
Maps: Persian Gulf, Syria, Nevada, South Atlantic
Aircraft: F/A-18C Hornet, A-10C II Tank Killer,  JF-17, AV-8A-Harrier, F-5E, L-39C
Sonstiges: Supercarrier
PC: Ryzen 7 5800X, 32 GB DDR4, RTX 3080TI, Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog, Drivers Up to Date

Hello, everyone,

I can choose the machine in the Open Beta. It is also marked yellow, so it is a machine that I as a player should be able to control.

But when i go on a mission, i can only look at the plane and not into the cockpit.

I own the module FC3. Does anyone have any ideas?

A Youtube video for the installation would be nice, because you can see if you make any mistakes while copying or executing the module.

I cant get any of these to work either (anymore)... Typically ED has changed the use of FC3.dlls that now apparently prevent this type of MOD working anymore...... Bottom line ED sux

Originally Posted by stefasaki viewpost.gif

When you downloaded moduls for testing you perhaps noticed the latest DCS Updater 2.9.16.18 - it encrypts the DLL-Files.

All of your Mods which make use of for example FC3 content are useless now.

They still work in OpenBeta though…

Say thank you to those who carelessly spread Mods including the IP of ED.

I remember times when the Mod user had to copy the needed DCS files from his own installation which was usually tolerated by ED.

The good news are: Mods which have their own stuff (flight models, cockpits, …) will still work.

Originally Posted by Rifter View Post

When you downloaded moduls for testing you perhaps noticed the latest DCS Updater 2.9.16.18 - it encrypts the DLL-Files.

All of your Mods which make use of for example FC3 content are useless now.

They still work in OpenBeta though…

I test it on Open Beta. So it dosnt work on Open Beta also.

Great Job ED...:-(

Version: DCS OpenBeta 6.8.2
Maps: Persian Gulf, Syria, Nevada, South Atlantic
Aircraft: F/A-18C Hornet, A-10C II Tank Killer,  JF-17, AV-8A-Harrier, F-5E, L-39C
Sonstiges: Supercarrier
PC: Ryzen 7 5800X, 32 GB DDR4, RTX 3080TI, Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog, Drivers Up to Date

Copy folders from Flaming Cliffs

DCS World\Mods\aircraft\Flaming Cliffs\bin

copy folder "bin" to

VSN_Mod\

DCS World\Mods\aircraft\Flaming Cliffs\FM\data

copy folder "data" to

VSN_Mod\FM\

I test it on Open Beta. So it dosnt work on Open Beta also.

DCS 2.5.6 it works again, the "bin" and "data" folders must be copied from Flaming Cliffs to the mod.