2.5 Caucasus Map Expansion to Grozny

Krasniye

So from what Wags has hinted at it sounds like 2.5s map is going to be expanded a bit.

It seems to be a very good guess that it will include Crimea which is awesome!

However I think the map could be expanded eastward just a tiny bit to fit in Grozny and surrounding areas.

For those of you who don't know Grozny is the capital of Chechnya and taking the city has been a huge part of the First and Second Chechen wars.

I know this may have some politics around it but Grozny is quite a large place, sizeable to Sochi and it has 2 airfields in its vicinity. It would make a great expansion to the map regardless of its history.

Ditto

I think it would be better to fill out the current map with towns and airfields then expanding the borders. I like your idea of Chechnya tho

I agree with both ideas. I think this is not going to happen though since they are working on another terrain as well. The same could be said about Nevada. Terrain is there but it is just focused around three airbases with pretty much anything else something that looks like low res satellite textures.

I am some waiting for 2.5 merged release!

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

So from what Wags has hinted at it sounds like 2.5s map is going to be expanded a bit.

[..]

No.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2869960&postcount=48

• Like 1

Playing: F-16C

Intel i7-13700KF, 64GB DDR5 @5600MHz, RTX 4080 ZOTAC Trinity, WIN 11 64Bit Prof.

Squadron "Serious Uglies" / Discord-Server: https://discord.gg/2WccwBh

Ghost0815

Actually I think ANY direction would be great for a possible future expansion.

Crimea is nice, and so is Chechnya to the northeast.

To the south and southeast we have Turkey, Armenia and Azerbaijan, and a bit further southeast there is Iran. Lots of interesting areas, both geopolitically and geographically.

But honestly: I understand everyone who wants to put the focus elsewhere. We have been in the Caucasus for a looong time now.

You can dream what you want, but it doesn't help, when someone say ED will do this or that - and they had post about it already.

[..]

However I think the map could be expanded eastward just a tiny bit to fit in Grozny and surrounding areas.

[..]

Edited by mwd2

Playing: F-16C

Intel i7-13700KF, 64GB DDR5 @5600MHz, RTX 4080 ZOTAC Trinity, WIN 11 64Bit Prof.

Squadron "Serious Uglies" / Discord-Server: https://discord.gg/2WccwBh

Ghost0815

You can dream what you want, but it doesn't help, when someone say ED will do this or that - and they had post about it already.

This isn't to say ED won't do it in the future though. If you asked ED 8 years ago when we would get the F-18 you probably wouldn't get a promising answer.

• 3 years later...

I wouldn't mind paying something like 10$ for such an "expansion", is just 100km from Mozdok to Chechnya eastern borders. They have all the proper generic buildings, and will need to model only some specific ones for Grozni. After all, Hinds, Hips and Ka50 all fought there in the two wars.

Roughly this area to be added...

HaUJhAh.jpg

BTW Rohde added a very cool article about the real combat use of the Ka50 in Chechnya here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1641842&postcount=1

Edited by Stratos
Added the map area...

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

That's some thread necromancy, this one's been dead and buried for 4 years now

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

That's some thread necromancy, this one's been dead and buried for 4 years now

We now know that ED, CAN update the maps as they did with the PG, adding parts to the basic first released map. No need to create a new post when this one already exists.

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...