Deactivation issue, no deactivations left

Jeesus

Dear All!

I am having an issue and thought to post here first instead of a support ticket. I happen to need to reinstall my OS therefore I started to deactivate all my mods to reactivate them after fresh install.

The problem is that on of my modules, namely the A-10C ran out of deactivations last time I did similarly. Star force should give an extra after 31 days, at least that is what the support page says, but as the last deactivation was over a year ago, it clearly did not happen.

Thank you in advance for your suggestions.

TrailBlazer

Star force should give an extra after 31 days, at least that is what the support page says, ...

Reread the page. That only applies to activations. Deactivations do not replenish.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I have never understood why ED went with this activate/deactive system.

Its paid for, who cares how many times you reinstall your OS or upgrade your system? That data truely is nobodies business but your own.

Overcomplicated to say the least.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

I have never understood why ED went with this activate/deactivate system.

Its paid for, who cares how many times you reinstall your OS or upgrade your system? That data truly is nobodies business but your own.

Over complicated to say the least.

If they didn't have an activation limit then everyone on earth could activate the game with one code and ED would be out of business the next day.

What I don't understand is why they care how many times the module is deactivated. reactivation is one thing, but deactivation?

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

I've had a lot of games with activation codes and non of which had a limit to my knowledge.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

I've had a lot of games with activation codes and non of which had a limit to my knowledge.

I have run into, only a few times, in the past but it has been a long time.

I agree, that limited deactivations make no sense to me. I would love to see a quote from the Starforce exec that came up with that idea, especially one where it is explained to the customer (ED, in this case) as a benefit.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: