Single EJECT command

Goblin

I have searched the forums without finding the answer, so I'll put it up as a whish instead...

The EJECT command (Ctrl E) must be pressed 3 times in order to eject. I understand why, and it's a good idea because few things are as annoying as accidental ejections :)

But, since I now fly in VR, seeing the keyboard is hard and I would like to make a DIY ejection handle. But if I want to assign the EJECT command to a button or switch, it has to be pressed 3 times as well.

Would it be possible to change the "3 times to EJECT" to just 1 single keypress?

Or maybe this is possible by editing a lua file..?

• Like 1

Just edit the command in the game menu

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

you can assign it to any command you'd like, even a single joystick button

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

I pretty sure this comes from the real world...The command "EJECT" is said 3 times to prevent any confusion betwwem the command to leave the Aircraft NOW and any other situation where the word is used.

Sierra

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

I pretty sure this comes from the real world...The command "EJECT" is said 3 times to prevent any confusion betwwem the command to leave the Aircraft NOW and any other situation where the word is used.

Yes, but the ejection handle is only pulled once ;)

And this is my problem, since I would like to make an ejection handle for my simpit, as this will be much easier to use when flying VR.

Yes, but the ejection handle is only pulled once ;)

And this is my problem, since I would like to make an ejection handle for my simpit, as this will be much easier to use when flying VR.

Have you posted in the home cockpit section? https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2356934&postcount=1

Sierra

Edited by Sierra99

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

You probably can't add a ranfom controller to the Thrustmaster TARGET, but you can use the script editor to achieve this with the Warthog, Cougar or the T.16000....

I agree with your wish. It could just be an alternate eject key that would be empty by default so you can map whichever control on it you want to.

Regards,

MikeMikeJuliet

• Like 1

DCS Finland | SF squadron

Have you posted in the home cockpit section?

No, I haven't. But that's a good idea.

Of course, there are workarounds to accomplish this. Some have been mentioned here.

But I still think, in the interest of VR suitability, there should be an easier way to eject.

I agree with your wish. It could just be an alternate eject key that would be empty by default so you can map whichever control on it you want to.

Of course! That's it!

Add a command under VR in the commands section that accomplish the same thing as 3xCtrlE but with a single press.

This can't be that hard to do?

I really don't want to rip my HMD off to find the keyboard to hit CtrlE three times when I just had a missile up my tailpipe. Finding the correct button on the HOTAS and press that one three times takes long enough...

A single button, that when pressed once, starts the Ejection.

Please, ED! :)

If your HOTAS or keyboard has macros, then you could set one to emulate the Ctrl+EEE keypress

I did that with one of the hot keys on my gaming keyboard.

Yeah, It should be an easy fix. Just add an extra entry with the same function, but only requires one "press", and just leave it blank for those who need to switch. =)

Edit1: Oups. Didn't check page 2 :P My suggestion was already brought up.

Edit2:

Alternatively you use something like an arduino for the eject handle and tell it to "press E 3 times" when you pull the handle.

Edited by Jarlerus

Yeah, It should be an easy fix. Just add an extra entry with the same function, but only requires one "press", and just leave it blank for those who need to switch. =)

Edit1: Oups. Didn't check page 2 :P My suggestion was already brought up.

Edit2:

Alternatively you use something like an arduino for the eject handle and tell it to "press E 3 times" when you pull the handle.

Yep, it's great that we can come up with all kinds of solutions to the problems, but this is one of those that A) should be an easy fix by ED and B) if it can be fixed within the game, that's always better than fiddling around with anything else.

PS. you go sniped :D

Yep, it's great that we can come up with all kinds of solutions to the problems, but this is one of those that A) should be an easy fix by ED and B) if it can be fixed within the game, that's always better than fiddling around with anything else.

PS. you go sniped :D

Yeah, that's why I started with the easy in-game fix :P

But until it's fixed, alternatives can be the only thing that works.

A good idea, IMO. I use a macro in my Saitek SST Software, but to use only the ingame mappings one day would be fine.

I think, it shouldn't be difficult or time eating for ED, to implement a second one-click eject command, which would be unassigned by default.

:thumbup:

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

And the best workaround is...

MMJoy2.

This is the firmware for microcontrollers, written by mega_mozg, and is the firmware I use for my ConTrollRhttp://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4266967/1

Just set one switch to ON/OFF repeat, and you have yourself a single switch Ejection button. :)

But still... ED, it's a good idea to drop the 3x requirement for Ejecting, or just add a single command under VR. Because you don't have time to take off the HMD and look for CtrlE, much less hit it three times, when ejecting in VR.

The extra command is what I'd recommend to be added. If ED were to change the existing command to a single press only, I believe a lot of people would just get annoyed at the amount of accidental ejections. Not necessarily with the keyboard, but picture having the current command mapped to your stick, and you unintentionally hit it...

So long as the control is strictly out of your way its no problem, but if it is amidst frequently used controls, there is a real danger of many accidental ejections...

In these kind of cases with DCS we need OPTIONS, so that those who want to use the current type of control can still do so, while giving others the possibility to do things another way.

Regards,

MikeMikeJuliet

Edited by MikeMikeJuliet
  • Like 1