Campaign complete! (Huge thanks!)

Pizzicato

Hey Apache,

I just completed the Mig-15 campaign and wanted to take a moment to say a big "Thanks!" for creating such a fantastic campaign. :thumbup:

I have to confess that I was originally really skeptical of the premise. I'm a realism buff, and any artifice immediately breaks the immersion for me, so I wasn't initially sold on the credibility-stretching premise. As it turns out, however, you did an amazing job of crafting an experience that felt remarkably plausible and immersive.

I was also hugely impressed by the creativeness and execution of the missions. There were lots of clever and compelling twists and turns that kept me totally hooked, and a huge amount of attention to detail.

There was never a moment where I felt unclear about what was being asked of me in any mission, either. The dialogue, VO and scripting was top notch. It all felt really natural and really brought the experience to life.

I was also impressed with the fact that you realised that difficulty doesn't equal gameplay. None of the missions felt frustratingly difficult. Instead, they all felt geared towards delivering a compelling and immersive experience - and they all accomplished that goal admirably.

Finally, the last two missions were a fantastic way of wrapping the campaign. They were both really well thought through and excellently executed.

Oh, and you FINALLY gave huge value to my full-price-but-pretty-much-untouched-since-Day-One Mig-15 purchase.

All in all, $10 for the campaign was absurdly cheap and enormous value for money.

Thanks for your amazing efforts. Hugely appreciated. :thumbup:

Pizzi

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

• 2 weeks later...

Flew today my first mission (couldn't resist and bought the Mig just to be able to fly the campaign with my F86) in VR and it was one of the best experiance I've had for a long time! :) Very pleased with the campaign so far, if it continues like this I will be extremely happy!!

Although since I can't write stuff down (because VR) I'd love to see individual Kneeboards...

Thanks for the superb work!!

Hey there JG4! looking forward to hearing what you have to say about the campaign as you progress through it. The first few missions set the story, and then it really picks up.

I hope this doesn't upset you to no end, but I just got word from ED that the campaign WILL be split so that owning both aircraft is not necessary. (i'll make a thread about this in the sub-froum) Now, with you saying you just bought the Mig. You can probably (but don't hold me to this, cause i really don't know) ask for a refund. Or ... if you're like me. Keep it because it is a FANTASTIC aircraft.

On another note, my main beta tester (itscrisp) and I are looking into how to do just what you asked, put some of the important briefing pages into the kneeboard. So that all the VR guys can keep the needed info readily available.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Museum Relic Campaign: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=164322

Community Missions (SP & MP) --> https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=205546

Hey Apache,

just saw your other thread... well it's a bit of a bummer that I just bought the Mig, but now that I have it I see it as an investment for you guys to continue on making such cool planes and campaigns :)

Maybe I even become a Mig pilot eventualy... never say never ;)

News on the kneeboard sounds extremely good, hope you guys can figure out something in the future! Would help the immersion a lot!

Untill then I'm off to my next mission - looking forward! The writing, maps and screenshots add so much to the experiance!

Cheers and thanks,

Sputnik

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Just to say you're making me ansious... I got the training on the Mig-15 completed, flew several single missions, including the navigation ones with very good results.

I already got the campaign installed and I am looking forward to start flying it. I decided to wait until I felt proeficient and confident with the -15 ops.

Tomorrow I will fly my first!

All the best,

Sydy

This campaign is what i have been looking forto play every weekend for the past few months i must say, i go though 1 or 2 every weekend and it is brilliantly made, you bring some very nice ideas to the missions that i never would have thought of, the missions fits right in with this aircraft and what it can do.

I am scared of completing it now, because i have no clue what to spend my time with next :-(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]