Aero Brake Too High HUD Warning missing

mytai01

According to Eagle Engaged, when the pitch reaches 13 degrees or more during aero braking the HUD symbology starts flashing to warn of imminent tail strike.

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

That is correct according to the primary flight manual.

The "w" should start blinking, but this is a Flaming Cliffs aircraft so this little detail isn't modeled.

You'll just have to be a superior pilot and pay attention to it by yourself :smilewink:

There are many things missing in the F15c in Flaming cliffs..

Unless someone one makes an all new F15c Module we wont see it because ED has the excuse it's old code.....

For the WIN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If your desired effect on the target is making the pilot defecate his pants laughing then you can definitely achieve it with a launch like that.

Hopefully, a real F-15 module will be made some day.

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

guess I'm pitching too high at touchdown then..

13 degrees is my average on the aerobraking roll...

There's not much reference on how to land the F-15 it seems... or perhaps I'm just too lazy to search..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The -1 describes the procedure.

Approach at 21AoA, flare when you detect ground-rush, and retard the throttle as needed.

Maintain 23 units AoA for effective aerobraking.

That's the standard landing - there are instructions for minimum ground runs etc.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

What's the Pitch limit for the F-15C anyway? based on the aircraft's length

I mean disregarding AoA/Tailstrike warnings whatsoever...

15 degrees? 17 degrees?

Anyways, I'm practicing that ground rush thing most of the time..

Though it's kinda hard to do at night when I can't really determine how low I am based peripheral picture or so..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]