DCS World Su-34 Fullback

If you know how to texture that'd be lovely, even if only simple textures, something besides a grey color pallet is nice.

I do not know how to texture

But google does:

http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-add-a-texture-in-Blender/

PC Specs: i7 4790 (non K), MSI GTX 980, 1TB Seagate HDD, 32GB Crucial DDR3-1600MHz RAM, 3 Samsung 1920x1080 monitors, EVGA 850W G2 PSU

Nearly 1000 views, that's impressive. Great to raise awareness of the project to get potential contributors.

Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. -General George S. Patton

To make a suitable model into DCS: World, require you model them on 3DS Max 2011-2014 and convert them on EDM format with the EDM plugin (and textures with Photoshop).

Can't you model in blender, get a 3DS max trial, covert from blender format to EDM? Or is that not allowed?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

PC Specs: i7 4790 (non K), MSI GTX 980, 1TB Seagate HDD, 32GB Crucial DDR3-1600MHz RAM, 3 Samsung 1920x1080 monitors, EVGA 850W G2 PSU

Can't you model in blender, get a 3DS max trial, covert from blender format to EDM? Or is that not allowed?

Actualy, the only EDM conversor format has from 3DS to EDM. Blender format has not alowed and all animations and texture work need integrate on 3DS to export them to EDM format.

EDM plugin

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=86205

Chech the "old" begins guide manual to more info (that manual require a urgent update):

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116901

Shouldn't you be able to get a plugin for blender to export to 3ds, open it in 3ds max, and then convert to EDM?

Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. -General George S. Patton

Hopefully there is a workaround, I don't know how to use 3DS max, nor would I like to restart this project.

Hopefully there is a workaround, I don't know how to use 3DS max, nor would I like to restart this project.

Go ask the guys at HoggitDev, they modeled the cockpit in Blender and I am pretty sure the aircraft was done in blender as well

As I said earlier, I'm coming to a stand still trying to figure out how to model certain parts, not working out too well.

Modeled the wing and remade the cabin and back, I replaced the cabin vertices with a half circle and scaled it to the right size to make it more true and round.

http://i.imgur.com/fHUV2nB.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/VzijGpS.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/G80TIBi.jpg

I didn't keep the ailerons on the wings so that they could be added in later and made flexible instead of being a rigid mesh.

Edited by ErrDeeEff

uh i thought ED is already making a Fullback AI model?

Highly doubtful as they are currently busy with the F-18 and other stuff

Wonderful to see someone even expressing interest in getting more Russian birds into the sim! While this one will be particularly difficult to get in as an actual flyable module (highly classified, other things people have already mentioned rendering almost any representation of it to being purely fantasy/guesswork) - at the very least this is good practice for you, and if you get something really good maybe at some point it can even replace the horrible AI model already in the sim.

Don't let anyone discourage you. The community needs all the developers it can get (especially those interested in Russian aircraft because goodness knows no one else seems motivated to do them, not even the ones with information WIDELY available), and everyone starts somewhere! Keep it up!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I dont know how much modeling they are currently needing to do on the F/A-18C anymore...

I was thinking about the A-G Radar modeling, but then again after how long they have been working on the hornet it would not shock me if they are close to finishing

• ED Team
I was thinking about the A-G Radar modeling, but then again after how long they have been working on the hornet it would not shock me if they are close to finishing

Not sure the 3D modeller would be involved in that, so I am doubt that would interrupt the modelling of anything else.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Not sure the 3D modeller would be involved in that, so I am doubt that would interrupt the modelling of anything else.

true

Well I am back guys, Sorry I hadn't updated in a few days because I took some time to stop and think about how I'd continue to do some of the more tricky parts, and I think I figured out some of them, including the engine intake and exhaust. Just have to connect it from the top, the bottom, and in between and then connect it to the cockpit to get a big portion of the fuselage done. A picture will come out when I manage to get this portion at least semi-completed.

• Like 1

Sorry this isn't the most progress, but I have made at least some on the engines. Once I finish the intake I am going to do the bottom of the fuselage.

http://i.imgur.com/ZKnD9MB.jpg

Looking good, nice! I wish I could model like that

Looking good, nice! I wish I could model like that

Well that's surprising seeing this is the 2nd real thing I've ever modeled, 1st that I have a reason to finish. Thanks for that.