PicksKing Modded Texture Compilation PMTC V2.2

No tree shadows mod works in 1.5.5 for me, when combined with Starway's scenery version 1.1.

There is something in PicksKing's compilation, though, which is not compatible with 1.5.5 - the forests do not render anymore. Pity, 'cause it was my favourite scenery mod (on the other hand, no forests means better fps :D).

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

No tree shadows mod works in 1.5.5 for me, when combined with Starway's scenery version 1.1.

There is something in PicksKing's compilation, though, which is not compatible with 1.5.5 - the forests do not render anymore. Pity, 'cause it was my favourite scenery mod (on the other hand, no forests means better fps :D).

Then it must be Barthek. I'm running vanilla Barthek right now and it won't render any forests with the no trees mod enabled.

If you have problems with the trees then keep all files in

"c:\...\DCS World\Mods\terrains\CaucasusBase\Structures\High\EDM"

as original. The easiest way to do so:

1 restore the original files via repair or deactivate the mod via JSGME or whatever you use.

2 unpack the mod somewhere else. Not into the main folder.

3 get into this folder, navigate to "Mods\terrains\CaucasusBase" and delete the folder named "structures"

4 copy over the remaining files into the main folder.

Now you should have tree shadows again and the trees look a little strange with their color and brightness fluctuation, as the originals do look. But no more problems with missing trees.

I cant do anything more because I am not a programmer. Seems like everything else is up to 2.5. Lets hope it will come soon as possible.

Edited by PicksKing

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gainward RTX 2080 OC | i7 8700K OC | 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3600 MHz | MSI Z370-A PRO | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB

hi im new to adding mods. what do you mean buy main folder? i'm assuming you mean in to the c/dcs world?

yes, I mean "c:\...\dcs world". thats the main folder.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gainward RTX 2080 OC | i7 8700K OC | 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3600 MHz | MSI Z370-A PRO | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks for the mod. I have a "problem" though. When I activate it, my trees are gone(The ones outside cities).

My texture compilation contains the no-tree-shadow-mod from mustang. The current version of dcs is not any more compatible with mustangs mod so do the following:

If you have problems with the trees then keep all files in

"c:\...\DCS World\Mods\terrains\CaucasusBase\Structures\High\EDM"

as original. The easiest way to do so:

1 restore the original files via repair or deactivate the mod via JSGME or whatever you use.

2 unpack the mod somewhere else. Not into the main folder.

3 get into this folder, navigate to "Mods\terrains\CaucasusBase" and delete the folder named "structures"

4 copy over the remaining files into the main folder.

Now you should have tree shadows again and the trees look a little strange with their color and brightness fluctuation, as the originals do look. But no more problems with missing trees.

I cant do anything more because I am not a programmer. Seems like everything else is up to 2.5. Lets hope it will come soon as possible.

Edited by PicksKing

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
Any chance this will be updated with Barthek's 7.0 textures?

No. Maybe I will make an own texture mod but only for DCS 2.5 if its possible. Not earlier.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for sharing your lovely compilation!

Just curious which terrain textures are actually used?

EDIT: Nevermind, stupid question. Great work!

Edited by Kenta

Failure is the mother of all success.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

PicsKing please can you tell me if your Mod work with DCS 1.5.6 ?

Thanks in advance, Skull.

Hello,

PicsKing please can you tell me if your Mod work with DCS 1.5.6 ?

Thanks in advance, Skull.

Yes works fine. You only need to remove the tree files of the integrated "no tree shadow mod" by mustangs as described in post #28

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2945229&postcount=28

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...

This is where Viggen feels "home" ..

thanks to all the hard workers for the great stuff!!

we are coming to a point where landscape - in a computer simulator - can be enjoyed as landscape, know what I mean?

It is the ultimate joy for a simpilot to fly around, and to see things look like in real.

After 28 years of flying more or less all important sims starting on C64, Amiga, P486, P586, .... DCS together with THIS ONE is ... simply speaking ... "when a dream of a boy comes true ..."

Now I will stop blab blab *sorry* :music_whistling: and go to "my hangar" and see what "my Viggen" is doin' .....

:joystick:

• Like 1

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

thanks to all the hard workers for the great stuff!!

we are coming to a point where landscape - in a computer simulator - can be enjoyed as landscape, know what I mean?

It is the ultimate joy for a simpilot to fly around, and to see things look like in real.

After 28 years of flying more or less all important sims starting on C64, Amiga, P486, P586, .... DCS together with THIS ONE is ... simply speaking ... "when a dream of a boy comes true ..."

Now I will stop blab blab *sorry* :music_whistling: and go to "my hangar" and see what "my Viggen" is doin' .....

:joystick:

Thanks. Somehow its fun to see some people are still interested in this :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No worries this keeps atractive for your eyes. I am since december on oculus rift the different terrainmods are stunning in the rift and blows away out of your chair.

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

Still interested? It's my standard terrain. Cannot fly Caucasus without it. Colors are just right (others are too bland or too garish). But, most important for me as a heli flyer: no fake trees blocking my LOS but allow AI to see, track, and shoot me through it!

Still interested? It's my standard terrain. Cannot fly Caucasus without it. Colors are just right (others are too bland or too garish). But, most important for me as a heli flyer: no fake trees blocking my LOS but allow AI to see, track, and shoot me through it!

Yes thats my basic problem with other texture packs too. They have simply awesome details that its even possible to mask the low object quality of the T3 vanilla caucasus map. Almost unbelievable that this is possible, if you see the vanilla textures and the outdated map format. But somehow the color and brightness fine tuning dont work if you compare it with aerial photos.

I wished the big modders Mustang, Starway and Barthek would work together to find golden mean, somewhere between them.

Edited by PicksKing

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

yes indeed

Just tried your mod for 3 days, and it's truly amazing :thumbup:

after trying this out for 2 days on my fast machine, I have nothing to add, except for:

LH :thumbup: + RH :thumbup:

and a honest :worthy:

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1