Screen shot tutorial stream

Coxy_99

Ok for the guys that are asking me how i make my screen shots look near on real (Or try) Ill give a quick tutorial on how to get cinematic screen shots, It will be my first live tutorial so bare with me ill try my best :D Ill give a quick guide on how to get them, Im using this guide by Bucic which is how i got into the whole DCS world camera work. You can see his commands here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114260

So tomorrow night 7PM GMT 16/8/16

Twitch link is in my sig below :)

Nice, I'll be there. :)

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Canceled?

https://magnitude-3.com/

https://www.facebook.com/magnitude3llc

https://www.youtube.com/@magnitude_3

i9 13900K, 128GB RAM, RTX 4090, Win10Pro, 2 x 2TB SSD

i9 10980XE, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090Ti, Win10 Pro, 2 x 256GB SSD, 4 x 512GB SSD RAID 0, 6 x 4TB HDD RAID 6, 9361-8i RAID Controller

i7 4960X, 64GB RAM, GTX Titan X Black, Win10 Pro, 512GB PCIe SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD

It's 19:00 CEST, not GMT

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill TridentZ | GPU: Palit RTX3080 Ti 12GB | SSDs: 2xSabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 | Samsung Pro 256GB | Samsung EVO 850 500GB | Samsung QVO 1TB 

Peripherals: Warthog HOTAS | TrackIR 5 | MFG Crosswinds | 3xTM Cougar MFDs | HP Reverb G2

Ok so as not sure how many came along on two or three, Heres my write up on making cinematic screen shots.

Firstly i take into account the time, season, weather and also the position of your camera is also important, I keep my track IR on using that to slightly adjust my position if need be, Again a nice little thing ED have added to F2 and F3 views. I tend not to use heavy clouds in my shots. I then look at the type of aircraft im taking a screen of the quality varies from a nice L-39 shot to an A.I F-16 so pick your aircraft wisely, I also look at when im zoomed in the ground noise and textures and when using the sun, Because for me well they dont look pretty, Maybe in 2.5 things will look prettier :)

This is what i for me call a bad screen shot, Reason being you can see the colours clearly blending in. For me the blending of colours is to obvious

First screen is not enhanced using windows 10

attachment.php?attachmentid=146528&stc=1&d=1471426953

This one is enhanced and as you can see the blending effect is more visible. Clouds will also give this same blending effect also hence why i avoid clouds.

attachment.php?attachmentid=146529&stc=1&d=1471427150

This is also why when zooming im careful look how BIG that sun can get.

attachment.php?attachmentid=146539&stc=1&d=1471430129

This shot represents what i mean about the ground noise and textures its makes an ugly shot, Also the A.I aircraft needs some love for close up shots.

attachment.php?attachmentid=146530&stc=1&d=1471427669

Compared to this shot where the L-39 looks a lot neater and the background is less lets say bad while zoomed in.

attachment.php?attachmentid=146531&stc=1&d=1471427736

So how do you make an F-16 look good you ask simple. Give him distance again A.I models are not there best.

attachment.php?attachmentid=146533&stc=1&d=1471427909

So then we look at how to get your perfect shot, Well timing can also come into it, Using the F3 key and the right zoom level you can get some nice shots.

attachment.php?attachmentid=146534&stc=1&d=1471428041

I do however prefer the more "Im stood on the ground" looking up in the sky shot for example.

attachment.php?attachmentid=146536&stc=1&d=1471428618

Again A.I are not the best for screens fuel tanks are aquare and so on so keep your distance, Put the aircraft on the horizon.

So then how do we add that extra colour depth and sharpness, Well for me im using nothing fancy like vegas pro and all them other programs, Im using windows 10 viewer where by for free i can use the tools to set my colours and so on.

Not enhanced shot:

attachment.php?attachmentid=146537&stc=1&d=1471429199

Enhanced shot adding that sharpness and colour:

attachment.php?attachmentid=146538&stc=1&d=1471429302

As you can see with the two images one looks sharper than the other again this is all free in windows 10.

I hope this helps and again the camera commands are in the first post and are really handy.

Mods im using are starways 2.5 textures and sweet FX.

Edited by Coxy_99
  • Like 1

For a year i use WIN10 and I never see this enhancer :) (i never click on edit to see)

Nice tool for our screenshots.

Thanks Coxy.

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

There is a little checkbox in your twitch settings that makes twitch record your broadcasts so everybody that can't be on time can watch it at a later point.

...for next time :)

4790K@4,6Ghz | EVGA Z97 Classified | 32GB @ 2400Mhz | Titan X hydro copper| SSD 850 PRO

Moments in DCS:

--> https://www.youtube.com/user/weltensegLA

-->

WELD's cockpit: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=92274

There is a little checkbox in your twitch settings that makes twitch record your broadcasts so everybody that can't be on time can watch it at a later point.

...for next time :)

Hey ok thanks ill check that out very much new to twitch so still learning, Ill have a look :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...
Nice info. I didn't know about the enhance in Windows 10 photo viewer. I would have like to have seen your tutorial.

Although I have Photoshop and the Nikon photo editing software, I have found the tools included with Windows 10 to be very handy when I don't need anything fancy.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Although I have Photoshop and the Nikon photo editing software, I have found the tools included with Windows 10 to be very handy when I don't need anything fancy.

Or like me your completely useless with photoshop and so on :) lol