Sweet FX

Kreye

Okay guys - just playing with this a bit, I cranked up the contrast and dynamic saturation - thats about it. If someone else has a little time, take this preset I've attached below (see screens for reference of what it looks like in play) and see if you can use tonemapping or curves settings (or perhaps gamma lift, maybe exposure values?) to get a little more of the 'blah' grey tint out of the image.

Bear in mind I was flying under live current weather for KLAS which is pretty cloudy so that probably is why one of those images looks a little greyed out!

Screen_160819_132012.thumb.png.bf8ab5afa6ba754fdcb82c3d1ebea900.png

Screen_160819_132031.thumb.png.9eafc753551e174dea14b1cedf80a969.png

Screen_160819_132236.thumb.png.f81eba2deb41f6436589bd89d09466ef.png

SweetFX_settings.txt

Thanks Schwarz. Looks beeter for me now.:thumbup:

OCGkDYW.jpg

MSI R9 280X 6GB x2 Crossfire /ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 Mobo/AMD FX 4170 Bulldozer 4core CPU/RAM Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB/ Corsair RM 1000WATT PSU/Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit/ X52 & CH Pedals/ MSI DS502 GAMING Headset

It might appear that way at some resolutions due to the LumaSharpen value; if your menu/gui/HUD text looks wrong, go into SweetFXSettings.txt and decrease the value for LumaSharpen, or simply disable it entirely - this feature sharpens the image based on the value input for it, if its enabled at the top (0/1)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi guys,

I'm trying to get ReShade 3.0.5 and SweetFX 1.5.23364 working with DCS 1.5 and 2.0?

I am a COMPLETE Noob at this so would appreciate a bit of a walk through talk through on how to get it all working?

I have installed the 2 apps as per their readme.txt's and everything is in the right folders etc. But when i run DCS 1.5 (not loaded the injectors onto 2.02 yet) nothing whatsoever is different from the standard graphics? Have tried hitting Scrollock etc. but still nothing happens?

As i said, am a complete novice on this so any help would be massively appreciated?

Many thanks.

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - Intel Core i9-13900K - 64GB Corsair Vengeance RAM @ 3200 MHz - ASUS TUF GAMING B660-PLUS WIFI D4 - Zotac NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 - 2TB  INTEL NVMe SSD (Windows 10) - Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB (DCS) - Crucial CT1000 1TB NVMe SSD - WinWing F-16EX Stick - WinWing Orion Throttle Base with both F-18 & F-16C TQS Throttle Grips - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech G-910 Keyboard - Logitech G-502 Lightspeed Mouse - Logitech G-533 Headset - Occulus Quest Pro VR - TrackIR 5 with Track Clip Pro

I'm running an older version than yours, so not sure what's applicable

Do you get a confirmation that it's installed correctly? Its some white text in the top LH corner and comes up immediately in the start up screen?

If you are getting that but no effects have you enabled some of the effects?

Initially with the version I have nothing was enabled, so when you hit the Scroll lock, there was no difference. Again though you should get some white text LH corner informing you if its enabled or disabled.

To start to see the various effects I had to go into the injector, enable the effects, "Push to Application", then when I enabled ReShade I could see them in Game

Hi,

No i don't get the text you're referring to in the top left of the opening screen but i'm pretty certain that the apps themselves have installed ok?

I enabled all the effects when i installed ReShade and hitting Scrollockdoesn't seem to have any eefect on anything?

A bit puzzled to say the least?

Thanks for your response though.

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - Intel Core i9-13900K - 64GB Corsair Vengeance RAM @ 3200 MHz - ASUS TUF GAMING B660-PLUS WIFI D4 - Zotac NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 - 2TB  INTEL NVMe SSD (Windows 10) - Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB (DCS) - Crucial CT1000 1TB NVMe SSD - WinWing F-16EX Stick - WinWing Orion Throttle Base with both F-18 & F-16C TQS Throttle Grips - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech G-910 Keyboard - Logitech G-502 Lightspeed Mouse - Logitech G-533 Headset - Occulus Quest Pro VR - TrackIR 5 with Track Clip Pro

No problems, let me have a go at seeing if I can install the latest version & report back.

If I cannot, I've got a copy of my earlier version available that I can transmit to you through DropBox if you are interested

Glad to assist if I can

Ok I just installed it for DCS 1.5 and it installed fine (although I don't like the interface and I'm going to re-install the version 1 I had been running)

Did you direct Reshade to the DCS.exe file and not the Updater? These are in the bin folder.

After that make sure you select Direct 10+ as the version of DirectX

That's all I did and it installed a treat, if you tell it to use a lower version of DirectX it won't work

To add when it installed I got the white text followed by a short tutorial on first run.

So if you are not getting the text on start up something is wrong

If you go into the bin folder you'll see a dxgi.dll delete that and any reshade files plus the Reshade folder. You can easily check if its a reshade file by hovering over the file with the mouse. If its an Eagle Dynamics file, leave it, but you'll also see some by Crosire and these are the files to delete

After deletion check DCS is running correctly, if its not you can re-install the files deleted from the recycle bin or better use DCS_Updater to do a repair

Recheck and after that try another install

If it still doesn't work I can give you the earlier version too, just drop me a PM and I'll pop it up onto Dropbox

Edited by Weegie
Additional info & clarification

Hey Weegie,

You solved it but not in the way you probably expected??

I saw it as soon as i read your message! It was the .exe? I had ReShade pointing to Run.exe in my DCS 1.5.5 folder and not DCS.exe!

The funny thing is that i did the same thing when setting up VoiceBot for my speech recognition voice commands the other night? Nothing was working because i had it pointed at Run.exe?

Anyway, works great now so lots of fiddling with shades and colours etc now!!

Many thanks.

Great

Well I did sort of wonder about if you were pointing at Updater as opposed to Run. Anyway I thought it was worth a mention.

Glad to assist in a small way when I can

I'm running the following, which might be worth a try as a starting point

All Sweet FX settings

Liftgammagain

Vibrance

Tonemap

Lumasharpen

Have fun

• 2 weeks later...

Hmpf, I've recently decided to try SweetFx as well but all I'm getting is a game crash on startup. Downloaded JSGME, created specific mod folder and placed there sweetfx (few versions found in this and other thread), every time I switch them on and try to start the game it loads for a few seconds and then I get crash on black screen, not even reaching pre-menu bar.

It happens on all versions of SweetFx I have so this problem is common to all of them.

Anyone had such issue or possibly knows how to deal with it ?

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

• 2 weeks later...
The last time I tried to use SFX 1.5 on DCS 1.5.4 the game flat wouldn't load, I got a black screen. I tried 1.5 on DCS 2.0.2 and it did the same.

Sweet FX 2.0 w/ ReShade seems to run okay, but as far as profiles/tweaks and settings, there really aren't many current/new ones for SFX/RS 2.0... Here's one that I use, not sure how much difference it really makes though, it's pretty light in terms of tweaks... the attached zip at the bottom of my post is a JSGME version, do NOT manually install it, you'll regret it the next time an update hits, trust me!

Thanks mate, it looks quite nice.

Hiromachi -

I've attached for download my own personal SweetFX settings in a JSGME-ready folder, just drop this folder into your JSGME mods folder, enable it in JSGME, and it should work just fine in both 2.0 and 1.5.

I'm sorry to report but it still doesnt work. Same issue. Game is crashing soon after start. I doubt its anything with SweetFx versions, but then again, I also dont use any other mods and have latest DCS 1.5 version. It's been installed 2-3 months ago after I removed all older versions so it's relatively fresh.

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

I'm sorry to report but it still doesnt work. Same issue. Game is crashing soon after start. I doubt its anything with SweetFx versions, but then again, I also dont use any other mods and have latest DCS 1.5 version. It's been installed 2-3 months ago after I removed all older versions so it's relatively fresh.

Same with mine! :noexpression:

Same with mine! :noexpression:

You can do it with mine (1.5 & 2.0). It´s work 100% and is JSGME-Ready :joystick:

ReShade 0.1.1 with SweetFX 2.0.zip

Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 7900X @ 4.7 MHz            Motherboard: Gigabyte B650 AORUS Elite AX    Module: 64 GB Corsair Venegance DDR5 @ 3000        Video: RTX 4090 PALIT GameRock OC 24 GB

Monitor: SAMSUNG U28E590 @ 4K                      Other: HP Reverb G2 and WD Black SN850X                    The answers is ... 42!

NO GO! :(

Probably a mod that I'm not willing to let go of yet.

Sorry to hear about that. This rshade-build is for graphic-cards with DX 10 and above. Maybe you have a DX 9 card?

Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 7900X @ 4.7 MHz            Motherboard: Gigabyte B650 AORUS Elite AX    Module: 64 GB Corsair Venegance DDR5 @ 3000        Video: RTX 4090 PALIT GameRock OC 24 GB

Monitor: SAMSUNG U28E590 @ 4K                      Other: HP Reverb G2 and WD Black SN850X                    The answers is ... 42!

I'll let you know

Yepp! :)

Pls wrote if everything is ok.