Server Selection F5 vs MiG21

Dino Might

What's everyone's favorite dogfight server?

I have tried the main ones and really don't like the imposters settings - wondering if there are any out there that don't use them.

I find that imposters really take away from sneaking around with radar off.

Dunno, don't think any of the impostors settings make sense... I think the "Universal Visibility mod" looks 1000x better and make sense(ED should hire that guy), to bad I can't get it too work anymore...(If anyone know, please enlighten me).

Specs:

Intel i7 3770k 3.5Ghz, Nvidia GTX980 4GB, 8gb RAM

Just gonna throw it out there.

I play exclusively with VR (Rift). Without scale to 2.0 for targets, i simply do not see anything that's not 500ft from me.

I'm pretty sure most VR users have the same issue.

http://www.youtube.com/konotani

Computer Specs:

Z97X-gaming Mobo

4670k i5

24G DDR3

GTX 1080

Asus PG278Q Rog Swift 27-INCH G-SYNC

Valve Index

Thrustmaster Warthog

Fanatec Clubsport Pedals (used as Rudders)

Thrustmaster T300 Arcantera Wheel

Obutto R3volution rig

It's bad for everyone, especially with higher resolution for some reason. I work the zoom view constantly in conjunction with trackIR, and I still struggle to see planes beyond about a mile (when fully zoomed). As for identification, well that's about 1000 ft or less...

Still, I will take this over imposter settings. Imposters cannot be how it is in real life. I have spotted planes while skydiving, and they scale with distance, getting quite hard to pick out beyond a few miles.

Edited by Dino Might

I admit that the scaling sistem actually is far from being perfect end need lot of improvement, but having it off is much worst and unrealistic that having it on. In real life in a clear sky without haze u can cleatly spot something moving from more 6/7 milesif u have a 10 to 10 visus. Without scaling is almost impossible to spot even at less than 2 miles and is like being complately myopic.

Edited by TBear

Just gonna throw it out there.

I play exclusively with VR (Rift). Without scale to 2.0 for targets, i simply do not see anything that's not 500ft from me.

I'm pretty sure most VR users have the same issue.

In the same boat. Unfortunately there's no easy way to make spotting easier without using imposters for VR users - even on 2.0 pixel override it's extremely difficult to see targets as they blend so well.

The large impostors are so bad I cannot fly on any server that has them.:protest:

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

Saw a new server up that was doing testing. Has AI CAP and ground targets with an interesting scoring system. Only 5 v 5 with about as many AI aircraft on each side. Hopefully it expands and increases ratio of human to AI fighters.

Oh, and NO IMPOSTERS! Woohoo!

ETA: Unfortunately, I forgot to mark down the name of it...

Saw a new server up that was doing testing. Has AI CAP and ground targets with an interesting scoring system. Only 5 v 5 with about as many AI aircraft on each side. Hopefully it expands and increases ratio of human to AI fighters.

Oh, and NO IMPOSTERS! Woohoo!

ETA: Unfortunately, I forgot to mark down the name of it...

It's my server, Red Vs. Blue, and I really appreciate you trying it out. I plan on scaling it up if the performance holds up.