T.FlightHotasX Rocker to Switch

Hi Guys,

Is it possible to turn the rocker on the throttle of the T.Flight HotasX into a regular key press (ie, as left and right buttons)? Otherwise it always returns the input value to the middle position when centered.

For example, I would like to use it for increasing/decreasing certain radar parameters. It can do that except that it returns to the middle value when centered. Any work around? Axis tune?

Cheers

Edited by GrEaSeLiTeNiN

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4
HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 |
My Files | Windows 10 Home x64

If you can use the T.Flight with the T.A.R.G.E.T. software you should be able to turn the rocker into a virtual keypress instead of an axis which would allow you to use it as you describe.

I haven't messed with T.A.R.G.E.T. too much myself so I'm afraid I can only point you in the right direction.

Hi,

Just about to retire my T-Flight HOTAS with a Warthog on the way. It isn't compatible to use with the T.A.R.G.E.T software, that's only for the Warthog and T16000.

Otherwise you can assign the rocker switch as an axis so far as i know. I haven't had any luck in configuring it as a button, as you mentioned it re-centres itself.

As an alternative you can configure the rocker switch as a modifier.

On the other hand (this could be a long shot) you could try and "reverse" the rocker switch maybe?

So as it returns back to centre it might try and do what you are trying to accomplish?

Trial and error I guess is what you'll have to do going forward.

I have the left ALT, SHIFT and Ctrl buttons assigned together with my POV Hat switch working the radar and target designator, which does the job.

Hopefully somebody else might be able to chime in who also has the T-Flight HOTAS.

Best of luck.

"Flying is a great equalizer. The plane doesn't know or care about your gender as a pilot, nor do the ground troops who need your support. You just have to perform. That's all anyone cares about when you're up there - that you can do your job, and that you do it exceptionally well." :pilotfly:

Specs: i5 3570K OC 4.3ghz. 16gb ram 1800mhz, GTX 980, track IR 5 pro, TM Hotas X, Saitek combat pedals, W10 64-bit updated from W7

DCS on Samsung SSD 850 Evo

Had one a few years ago. I thought the rocker was meant to be used as a rudder in lieu of the stick twist option which you can lock to disable. If it can be assigned to rudder, I would think you could assign it to other axis type inputs. I never tried other switch types with it.

I don't think there is an axis tune option for the type input you want to use. So that doesn't make sense to me.

Edited by MegOhm_SD

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

Just tried what you asked, I could make the Rocker switch as you described. :/

"Flying is a great equalizer. The plane doesn't know or care about your gender as a pilot, nor do the ground troops who need your support. You just have to perform. That's all anyone cares about when you're up there - that you can do your job, and that you do it exceptionally well." :pilotfly:

Specs: i5 3570K OC 4.3ghz. 16gb ram 1800mhz, GTX 980, track IR 5 pro, TM Hotas X, Saitek combat pedals, W10 64-bit updated from W7

DCS on Samsung SSD 850 Evo

There is no option to make the rocker a modifier in DCS.

The rocker can be used for things like zoom and radar range in DCS but it always re-centres the value. I think DCS should fix it by giving us the option not to recenter the value for commands like radar range - otherwise it is kind of impractical/pointless.

An alternative to TARGET that works with T.Flight is JoytoKey. But I haven't tried to see if it could turn the rocker into a regular key press/button.

DCS programming should also give more options like 'toggle'.

Edited by GrEaSeLiTeNiN

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4

Just tried what you asked, I could make the Rocker switch as you described. :/

Sorry, by 'switch' I meant if it was possible to turn the rocker into individual left right regular buttons/key presses (and not into a Modifier or Switch). I think that it is not possible in DCS.