Windows 10 Anniversary Update - Experiences?

What you should do everytime you get a new 10-build is clean up your drive including System -Files.

Each build hogs at least 15GB, plus updates and other stuff, easily you can free up to 30GB on your SSD.

******** When you do this, there will be NO MORE rollback available. Test the new build THOROUGHLY before you void your way back !!!!!!!!!*********

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

I just went back to version 1511. On the last Win 10 update (1607) there where several apps force on including cortana, xbox, calendar etc. You can not uninstall them nor turn them off. Same way with some of the privacy settings. I even try the reg edit hack to turn off cortana, after which I got another update that force it back on.

Edit:

Never mind, the update is being push through and won't let me stop it.

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

So the new update is presently downloading, anyone have any positive/negative experiences with it?

Have been reading this guy's blog since buying his XP Dummies Guide.

He wrote his Dummies book for Windows 10 but he is not much of a fan :

https://www.askwoody.com/2016/i-recommend-that-you-actively-block-the-windows-10-anniversary-update/

I still use Windows 7 Pro. When I get or build a new machine I will get whatever is new, then.

Maybe DCSW will go Linux...

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Bought a new 12-port powered USB hub recently which worked fine pre-AU, but now with AU my machine refused to recognize it. Likely due to my at-this-point fairly old mobo, but annoying nonetheless. Aside from that and the minor annoyance of having multiple cloud tie-in settings changed (after I'd turned them all off upon installing Win10 for the first time), no other problems on my PC and a laptop.

Yeah it seems to have horked DCS Simple Radio and caused random DCS crashes...YAMMV

Sierra

This. Got a crash lastnight after about 10 minutes of play on 2.0. Never crashed a single time before on me until installing the update.

ROTORCRAFT RULE

GB Aorus Ultra Z390| 8700K @ 4.9GHz | 32 GB DDR4 3000 | MSI GTX 1080ti | Corsair 1000HX | Silverstone FT02-WRI | Nvidia 3D Vision Surround | Windows 10 Professional X64

Volair Sim Cockpit, Rift S, Saitek X-55 HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Microsoft FF2, OE-XAM Bell 206 Collective, C-Tek anti-torque pedals

UH-1, SA342, Mi-8, KA50, AV8B, P-51D, A-10C, L39, F86, Yak, NS-430, Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf

Me too I updated without any problems. Mig21 still working without any additional activation taken.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

I think this newest Microsoft Anniversary Update is reflective of some of the difficulties ED has when they do an update. There are so many different systems out there one can almost count on the fact that such an update will only create problems for some users. I initially early updated to the Anniversary Update and immediately noticed the problems I spoke about in my previous post. But after reading on here all those that updated without issues, I thought I would give another try. Tried via the regular Windows Update approach, same issues....rolled back. Then tried the recommended Microsoft Media Creation Tool, same issues.......rolled back. That's 3 attempts at the new Update and all approaches left the same issues. " If the dog bites you once....." Now I will listen to the wise sages that have all along said..WAIT until they have squashed ALL the bugs! I am waiting.

Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon, GForce TitanX, ASUS Z-97A MB, 16GB GDDR3 GSkill mem, Samsung SSD X3,Track IR, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, Acer XB280HK monitor,GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

Anyone getting high ram usage after boot, idle of cpu from 3% to 10% but memory just keeps climbing the service host local system 14 is just eating up my ram after 4 hrs its up over 50% i have no viruses disabled everything that i don't use and still its eating it up.

Eagles may soar high but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines.

System Spec.

Monitors: Samsung 570DX & Rift CV1

Mobo: MSI Godlike gaming X-99A

CPU: Intel i7 5930K @ 3.50Ghz

RAM: 32gb

GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 980Ti VR Ready

Cooling: Predator 360

Power Supply: OCZ ZX Series 80 Plus Gold

Drives: Samsung SSD's 1tb, 500g plus others with OS Win10 64 bit

I only use the insider preview on my tablet, 14905 fix some bug and get some new bug... however there isn't huge problem for daily using.

And I'm worry about win10 will make some problem for the starforce activation tools(and the steam game), so I still use win7 x64 on my desktop and laptop, because win10 always change its patch number, and I don't have enough time to re-install the system OS, if it is broken.

I had an issue where my screen would flash black for a half second a few times in a row. Only started after the Anniversary update, rolled back and it stopped. However I haven't seen anything (recent) about it in a quick google search so it may be on my end.

I also didn't like the placement of the notifications button in the system tray being moved to the right of the time and not being able to move it.

Oh and either search isn't indexing anything when the computer is idle because my search on the taskbar can only find programs now.

My Specs

Asus Maximus Hero IX Z270

i7 7700k @ 4.7GHz

32GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3700MHz DDR4

EVGA RTX 2080Ti

Samsung 960 Evo 1TB M.2 NVME SSD

EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2

Acer XB270HU 144Hz @ 1440p (IPS)

Valve Index

OOOOhhh, I wish I had the Alpha of a Hornet!

I think this newest Microsoft Anniversary Update is reflective of some of the difficulties ED has when they do an update. There are so many different systems out there one can almost count on the fact that such an update will only create problems for some users. I initially early updated to the Anniversary Update and immediately noticed the problems I spoke about in my previous post. But after reading on here all those that updated without issues, I thought I would give another try. Tried via the regular Windows Update approach, same issues....rolled back. Then tried the recommended Microsoft Media Creation Tool, same issues.......rolled back. That's 3 attempts at the new Update and all approaches left the same issues. " If the dog bites you once....." Now I will listen to the wise sages that have all along said..WAIT until they have squashed ALL the bugs! I am waiting.

There will unfortunately be no such state at any time in the future, you also explained yourself why this will most likely be that way and not have a good end for all.

Zillions of different systems and configurations in an ever changing Software environment will never achieve the state of ripeness you and actually all others hope for.

I am more than happy if I am proven wrong ;)

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

• 2 weeks later...

Gee, I hope these new autonomous cars, and delivery drones don't use consumer grade programs.

Life would suck if you need to reboot at 65 MPH or you get hit in the windshield by an Amazon delivery drone that couldn't recover after being winged by a shotgun blast as it flew over a bad section of town were some 12 ga strapped dude though he might get himself a free Rolex if he hit it just right.

Sometimes progress ... isn't. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

XSPC Water Cooled ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Formula

Intel i7-6700K @ 4.5Ghz

32GB-3200Mhz Rip Jaw DDR4 RAM.

EVGA GTX 980Ti SC+

Samsung 950 512GB SSD

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

Saitek Combat Pro Pedals

Mod'd OpenWheeler cockpit

Oculus Rift CV1.

....reboot at 65mph !!!!!!!! That's it !!!

Wait for the first real one to happen,,, I sometimes have to cut my engine on the VW Diesel to reset the AirSensor chip.....but thats just a 1 sec thing LoL

It's all very thin glass we walk on in this modern world

Edited by BitMaster