A-10c BFT 10-flt planning issues

Need Help on BFT-10....

I am finding it hard to complete this mission.

1..The first waypoint is fine no problem.

The remaining three tasks, I am finding it hard to figure out reaching the waypoints on time....Considering my airspeed and DTOT are matched up, I am other to late or early. :(:unsure:

I have watched the youtube of recon stewart many times and I have also noticed weird timing issues which funny enough it passed him....

Can someone explain to me as to when do I start to insert + 5mins on DTOT..for eg ...Do I wait until the FE stops reading out the instruction or do I need to enter it ASAP???!!!!!

I am at a loss here....many time I haven;t quite reached the waypoints and I have passed the required time.....:dunno:

many thks

The 5 min timer starts as soon as the FE instructions are issued.

You should immediately record the desired TOT so you can enter it later into the CDU (current time + 5 mins).

Then figure out where the waypoint is, enter your recorded DTOT and then fly the computed airspeed to get to the waypoint by the DTOT.

There is a zone around the waypoint that you need to be in by the TOT expiry. You also have to be at the correct altitude.

I recommend trying the practice missions as I think there is some extra dialogue to help.

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

Hi Sabre,

It took me 6 go's on the Practice mission before I could start the offical PO, however you mention a zone around the waypoint...do you know the range???

Obtaining the Altitude is not the issue here as mentioned before I have done this mission 6-8 times over and can confirm 8000ft, 10000ft, 12000ft and 8000 ft {i know this in order!!:)

Munga

Hi Sabre,

It took me 6 go's on the Practice mission before I could start the offical PO, however you mention a zone around the waypoint...do you know the range???

Obtaining the Altitude is not the issue here as mentioned before I have done this mission 6-8 times over and can confirm 8000ft, 10000ft, 12000ft and 8000 ft {i know this in order!!:)

Munga

There are 3 zones around each waypoint

The "early" zone is 400m or 0.2 nautical miles

The "on time" zone is 5556m or 3 nautical miles

The "late" zone is 9260m or 5 nautical miles.

If you are inside the 400m zone before the TOT you will fail - considered too early.

If are outside the 9260m zone at the TOT you will fail - considered too late.

If you are in the 5556m zone at the TOT that's considered a pass.

So try and be within 3 nm of the waypoint at the TOT time. Since it's 5 min from the dialogue and the dialogue takes about 10 seconds we start checking for TOT at 310 seconds (5 mins + 10 seconds). At 340 seconds (30 seconds later the checking stops and we considered you have missed the TOT if you weren't detected by one of the other triggers.

It's a bit complicated but it works to cover the conditions. If you are having trouble determining the waypoint location you can check the F10 map as a vehicle is placed at each location.

• 2 months later...

Having a few problems with this mission myself. I keep straying out of the military operations zone while setting my coordinates.

I'll sometimes get a warning if I approach the edge but not always. I feel the waypoints are maybe a bit too tight to the edge if your not fast enough changing course to the new destination.

• 1 year later...

I would very much appreciate help with the last waypoint (rng/Brg from Bullseye) I can't seem to get the offset page to become a new waypoint. I entered the rng/brg correctly after cycling to Bullseye, but when i go to the waypoint page subsequently, the info hasn't updated, nor can i create a new waypoint using the previous offset. Getting a little frustrating now so would really appreciate some guidance please.

Thanks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There is a really good tutorial done by Warrior X here.

Once you get Bullseye displayed on the offset page then put in the range and bearing and then create the new waypoint and record the number created. Then switch back to the waypoint page and bring it up and enter the DTOT, elevation, etc.

As a cheat you can view the location of the vehicles on the F10 map view and fly to them as the zones are located with the vehicles.

Edited by Sabre-TLA

• 2 weeks later...

I am noticing that when I navigate toward waypoint 2, instructor tells me to turn to heading 04 at about 5k altitude. He mentions get to angels 6. But when I reach 04 and climb to angles 6, I get told to terminate because I am off altitude. My speed was around 201 knots and I was at 5990-6000 ft. This happened every time I tried to do this mission.

I think this is another one where you need to fly 500 ft less than the stated altitude. I am using a QFE 29.90. Tried to repair 1.5.8 but that didn't do anything.

Edit : Deleted the misison and did a repair. Keeping 5500 ft until he gives coordinates seems to work. But now Everytime I navigate to the said coordinates I'm told I'm at the wrong altitude. It's 8, 10, 12, and 8. For the third coordinate I am told again wrong altitude when I'm on auto pilot at 12k. So I turn inland because I'm flying out the moa and I get the terminate message while I'm pretty much away from the sea. I wonder if I'm in putting the coordinates in too early because there isn't much time but I don't think that would matter because I get there on time.

Edited by sze5003

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Sorry you are having issues with this mission.

All of the altitude triggers are impacted so for 8 fly 7500 for 10 fly 9500 for 12 fly 11500.

We have updated all the missions and they tested ok with the new trigger values so just waiting for ED to get them into the next patch update.

Thanks Sabre, that does help after I fly 500 ft less. I had issues with the instructor also taking a while to tell me the next instructions and many times I was failed because he took forever to give me the next waypoint. Not sure why this was happening. By the time he would finish talking I start to put coordinates in and then he would say you flew out the MOA, terminate.

Not sure if you are suppose to fly the way I did but I entered the navigation points in the computer during the startup of my A10. I flew this one so many times I memorized the coordinates.

I then just followed along as the instructor told me the waypoints. If you do this you must wait until he's done talking and a couple seconds after put in the DTOT. I then navigated according to the speed I was required to fly and did fine.

Itching to move on to the advanced qualification misisons although I don't think I'll ever pass AAR lol.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Well done! You do need to be mindful of the MOA boundaries.

It's ok to orbit while waiting for coordinates to stay within the MOA. You can also orbit to increase your speed required to make the DTOT if the computed speed is too slow.

We have made some changes for the 2.5 release which will allow you to use the F10 menu to bring back the coordinates if you miss them the first time around.

Well I completed the BFQ campaign! Thanks so much Sabre for your help and quick responses. The practice missions I think are a must for everyone to do first before doing the actual check rides.

I have seen some people say they didn't like doing the practice missions but I think of it as my training before my check ride. I will probably replay these in 2.5.

Now on to the advanced qualification campaign! I never have done air to air refueling so I hope that campaign also has practice missions so I can see what it's like. I'm glad recon Stewart still has the YouTube channel up as that also helped me immensely.

I recommend these misisons even if you are new, as long as you pay attention and practice you learn a lot. I feel more comfortable now to try out other campaigns. Took me a while to complete but so glad I finally passed now!

• 3 years later...

The timer starts in the same trigger as when the dialogue is heard but I think we add 10 seconds for the dialogue so you could try and get to the waypoint by 5 mins and 10 secs and you should be good.  Arriving before that we would consider it early.  Try that and see if it's ok or not.

• Like 1