New GME software

sedenion

Ive been using OvGME for a couple of months or so now and have no problems, i manage a lot of mods and this is great utility. Thanks Sedenion !

Regards

DL available skins here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=Strut

Pictures of my Skins here: https://imgur.com/a/bOQyQqW

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64bit, Intel® Core i7-5820K CPU OC @ 4.50GHz x6, X99A GAMING PRO CARBON, MSI RTX 2080 TI GAMING X TRIO 11Gb, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSD 960 EVO250GB, SSD 850 EVO 500GB, JetSeat, MFG Crosswind Pedals, VPC Mongoose T-50, TMWH, DSD ButtonBox, Pimax 5k XR/BE

Just starting to play with OvGME tonight and JSGME is now removed for good from my HDD. Impressive piece of software Senedion. Bravo et chapeau bas. Thank you also for taking time to write a detailed documentation. Everything is pretty clear.

I created a repository server on the BSD website and things are working great. :thumbup:

Now BSD pilots can quickly check and install latest mods before flying a mission without the headache of looking for version and installation errors. Fantastic.

• 2 weeks later...

It's actually very simple using a trick.

-Make your modification (not safe as you apparently do it but... to each is own I guess).

-Make sure there are no other mods installed by OvGME (or JSGME but be sure not to use them both)

-Do a repair

-Pick your correctly structured modded files from "Back Up" folder

If you have multiple "mods" there... say some sounds, some luas and some textures and you would like 3 mods, one for sounds, one for luas and one for textures, simple make 2 more copies of that backup folder and delete from each one what there is not necessary... example, from first folder delete the luas and the textures, from second the sounds and the textures and from last the sounds and the luas. Rename those folders to... for example: "sounds", "luas" and "textures" and then proceed to create the mods archives with OvGME

:beer:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Much quicker to zip the individual files and folders with folder structure intact and merge them using winrar, but tedious to do.

It's the way I do it too.

But if you have a complicated mod that you worked on some time and you worked directly on the game files it is a much simpler way by this "repair" way. The BackUp001 folder is directly your Mod. It really can take 1 minute to build this way a complicated mod as opposed to doing it manually (even from the beginning) that would be how you say... tedious.

If that could be expanded to select additional files and folders from specific locations or be able to create a list to create the archive it would be the icing on the cake.

I think the problem here might be the necessity of OvGME to know the entire and final DCS World folder structure. It has to be noted that this changes sometimes from update to update sometimes even at big scale (see the Caucasus map). This knowledge might be beyond Sedenion interest as he went for the "user must know the directory tree" approach and OvGME work on folders it assumes already correctly structured and doesn't check at all.

A second problem would be the necessity of introduction of folder creation like in an Window Explorer window for mods that expand beyond DCS World folder tree. Examples are skins and texture mods that superimpose on game archives by using folders with the archives names. At this point basically is the same tedious work someone has to do it no matter what.

I'm trying to eliminate steps not create them.

OvGME is an open source program. That is another great feature. Other talented programmers can add future functions to it.

Edited by zaelu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

• 4 weeks later...

Subscribed

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like there may be an issue with unicode file names. I tried using this for Command Modern Naval/Air War Community Scenario pack, and it errors on file names with different character sets like

Air Battle over Berat-Kuçovë, 2021.ini

The full pack with a few other filename examples can be seen here

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B205vpZC1pGmZjE1NXQtN0EtWnM/view

Any thoughts on a fix for this? It won't create a Mod Archive, nor does it work with a zip file that contains such files.

OvGME does not use symbolic links to keep the original dcs folder completely untouched, right? Nexus mod manager for instance works with symbolic links and Mod Organizer for the Bethesda games presents mods via symbolic links to the orginal game folder only while Mod Organizer is running. Do i have to disable all mods before i apply ab update for DCS World like we needed to do with JSGME?

OvGME does not use symbolic links

Right.

Nexus mod manager for instance works with symbolic links and Mod Organizer for the Bethesda games presents mods via symbolic links to the orginal game folder only while Mod Organizer is running.

don't know how this work...

Do i have to disable all mods before i apply ab update for DCS World like we needed to do with JSGME?

yes.

• Like 2

just for clarity. If i forget to disable my mods before an update to dcs world, all mod files that this update touches are moved to the ingame '_000backup' folders. The easiest/safest way should then be to simply open OvGME and disable and then reanble all mods, which then should be copied over from my root mod folder, right?

If you have mods that were modified by the update you might get files from older version back in the folder.

Best though would be to make a check/repair of DCS after you "disabled" the broken mods before reenable.

Edited by zaelu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi all,

Getting this error when I try to run an initial snapshot. Any ideas?

I have all Visual C++ runtimes up to date.

Am on Windows 10 x64. DCS 2.0.4.

I get exactly the same error on exactly the same file on both 32 and 64 bit .exe

The size of the file (Nevada.surface5) is...

Size: 3.37 GB (3,619,422,496 bytes)

Size on Disk: 3.37 GB (3,619,426,304 bytes)

As an aside, JSGME gives me a "Stream Read Error" for 2.0.4 as well.

Capture.PNG.1454da2a7aaac03ddc0511b5fc902758.PNG

111.thumb.PNG.3e34981357ed336001722f4a4555f300.PNG

Edited by speedbird5