Which Connection Type?

TorwaK

Hello people,

I've dedicated lockon game server which works on 5mb/s internet connection and line is symetric, 5mb/s download and 5mb/s upload. At my lockon server computer, I selected 2048/2048 for connection type in game, but some people said that its wrong and actually I should select 128/128 because its better against of lag and loss. So which connection type is better for my features? :helpsmilie:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core i7-6700K, @5GHz | Asus Maximus Hero VIII | 2 x eVGA GTX 970 SLI | Kingston Predator 16GB DDR4-3000Mhz | 2 x Samsung 850 PRO 240GB RAID-0 | AOC G2460PG G-SYNC LCD | OCULUS RIFT CV1 VR | THRUSTMASTER HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO PEDALS

The 128/128 setting people talk about is for the clients. The server bandwidth should be set according to what bandwidth you have available (with some overhead, of course). Those that host dedicated servers may have a magic setting (akin to 128/128) they prefer regardless of available bandwidth, so I'd check with them should you have problems after using a custom setting like 4096/4096.

Actually I think the same... if not why creators made in menu alternative connection types. :joystick:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core i7-6700K, @5GHz | Asus Maximus Hero VIII | 2 x eVGA GTX 970 SLI | Kingston Predator 16GB DDR4-3000Mhz | 2 x Samsung 850 PRO 240GB RAID-0 | AOC G2460PG G-SYNC LCD | OCULUS RIFT CV1 VR | THRUSTMASTER HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO PEDALS