Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 8

gregzagk

Well, yes, It is definitely an advantage to have a second pair of eyes and it makes shooting on the go with the Gazelle much more viable for sure

I agree that a live observer makes live easier but I doubt about "shooting on the run". TV camera cannot purely lock on target and frequently twitches reducing effective range of HOT3 missile. I did a couple of hits while staying on manual hover but it would be near impossible task to hit Strela-10 with HOT3 at ~4km range w/o going into auto-hover mode.

you just had to be ultra careful about it.

Exactly ;)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I've read the Polychop dudes have already addressed the grass problem and you can even do sliding landings now since the last big patch. I didn't have a chance to try it, yet, so no promises. ^^ But even before I found it to be quite possible to land on grass, you just had to be ultra careful about it. Most of the time I just landed on roads/rooftops or something to be completely safe.

The landing on grass is normally fixed now, but the pilot still passes out when landing on grass, last time I checked. He comes back to consciousness rather fast, though.

Whisper of old OFP & C6 forums, now Kalbuth.

Specs : i7 6700K / MSI 1070 / 32G RAM / SSD / Rift S / Virpil MongooseT50 / Virpil T50 CM2 Throttle / MFG Crosswind.

All but Viggen, Yak52 & F16

I agree that a live observer makes live easier but I doubt about "shooting on the run". TV camera cannot purely lock on target and frequently twitches reducing effective range of HOT3 missile. I did a couple of hits while staying on manual hover but it would be near impossible task to hit Strela-10 with HOT3 at ~4km range w/o going into auto-hover mode.

Having speed makes for a much more stable gazelle, pilot can then keep the target into the +/- 3° . It works really fine in multicrew, but for desync. Once Polychop resolves this (ie, the copilot puts cross on target on his screen, but it's off on the pilot screen, and the pilot screen is the one that dictates if it hits, unfortunately), shot on the move in multicrew are gonna be awesome.

• Like 1

Whisper of old OFP & C6 forums, now Kalbuth.

Specs : i7 6700K / MSI 1070 / 32G RAM / SSD / Rift S / Virpil MongooseT50 / Virpil T50 CM2 Throttle / MFG Crosswind.

All but Viggen, Yak52 & F16

HOnce Polychop resolves this (ie, the copilot puts cross on target on his screen, but it's off on the pilot screen, and the pilot screen is the one that dictates if it hits, unfortunately), shot on the move in multicrew are gonna be awesome.

Thanks for sharing this!

Not to sound like a troll but, adding more Gazelles is going to fix this problem? I don't have the Gazelle, and honestly have no plans on buying the thing. I'm sure being it's a new module, it's going to have bugs or whatever. But could landing the Gazelle without damage be done with practice or training? I know it took me a while to land the Shark without damage back in the day.

Reaper6

Problem should be fixed by now, still a mi8 or even a huey have a huge advantage in time it takes for landing. And actually blue gets only 2 hueys as red gets 2 mi8s.

But I think with all ze gazelles red should maybee get 4 mi8s. That should be fair, mi8 is simply straight away by far better transport chopper then anything blue has but numbers should work out quite well here.

[2huyes +6 gazelles vs 4 mi8s + 2 sharks]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

I personally am ok with taking away the bomber from the Ka50, for me personally it is useless. Unless I want to divert enemy fighters from an area, I hardly use it. Also, just to note that they have added more buildings to airfields. So no longer can a single Ka50 pilot destroy an airfield. Actually I should say... The Ka50 still can take down an airfield on his own, but it is very difficult compared to previous rounds.

Just to note as well, if I am correct the Gazelle is multirole? So having two sets of eyes would be an advantage over the Ka50, If using the correct tactics. I think at least from my view, that is where Blue Heli pilots are lacking, not machinery.

Reaper6

Well, depends. For sure 2 pairs of eyes is an advantage, but not as much as it would be having a second pairs of eyes in the shark, because the gazelle needs way more babysitting to keep flying in a straight line. :DD

And it cant load a mix of armament, so either its hot3, or mistral, or cannon.

So to cover all the aspects of armament the shark has, ranged a2g, ranged a2a, gun and rockets, you need 3 gazelles. You are still at a disadvantage in a2g and guns and about even on a2a [mistrals only have 4km range against heli but while so are easier to lock on]. Not even considering systems.

So yeah, 6 Gazelles, 2 of each, add up overall to something comparable to ammunition and versatility one shark can carry.

Only thing I want though is having at least one mistral and one gun gazelle at airfields for defence. That pack should be quite adequate to deal with a ka50. [ranged and close in weapons]

[And before anyone starts crying omg bluefor whines, I am flying redfor this round. :D]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Exactly ;)

Thats an exageration, you just need practice to do it and they need to fix the ground stabilising in combination with yaw. But its possible, its also well possible to fire from the hip against helicopters, they just need to be at range, so you can fire with centered camera and then slew onto the target.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Only thing I want though is having at least one mistral and one gun gazelle at airfields for defence. That pack should be quite adequate to deal with a ka50. [ranged and close in weapons

Not at Red airfields... Put a hundred of them at originally Blue owned airfields doesn't make a difference to me.

Reaper6

"De oppresso liber"

NZXT Phantom Full Tower, Intel Core i7 4960X Processor(6x 3.60GHz/15MB L3Cache) 20% Overclocking, 64GB DDR3-2133 Memory, NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan Black-6GB SLI Mode(Dual Cards), Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 Motherboard, ViewSonic PJD5132 SVGA Multi-Region 3D Ready Portable DLP Projector, Track IR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog, Cougar MFDs.

Not at Red airfields... Put a hundred of them at originally Blue owned airfields doesn't make a difference to me.

Reaper6

Yeah I only meant home airfields. :) Atm blue only has hueys and 342m at sochi which is a massive PITA.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

6 Gazelles equal 1 Ka50? Aren't they able to spawn 4 Gazelles and 4 Hueys at each FARP, where we can only spawn 2? Even though it would suit my needs, I'm not sure I'm on board with making available Helis at all airfields. And purely having Blue able to spawn Helis at all airbases and not Red I am definitely not on board with that one. Aren't Gazelles also able to carry a Man-Pads?

Reaper6

I'm clearly talking about native controlled AIRFIELDS reaper. forward base discussion is not in order.

The gazelle M takes a couple of minutes to get the Hot-3 system up and running. Its just not suitable for base defense. The gazelle is the slowest chopperin the game dragging it down from a farp tp assist defense unlikely..

Yes, 6 gazelles for each KA50, you can do the math too.

#I've been dreaming about an unlicensed version of the MIG-31...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes, 6 gazelles for each KA50, you can do the math too.

Wow...

Reaper6

"De oppresso liber"

NZXT Phantom Full Tower, Intel Core i7 4960X Processor(6x 3.60GHz/15MB L3Cache) 20% Overclocking, 64GB DDR3-2133 Memory, NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan Black-6GB SLI Mode(Dual Cards), Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 Motherboard, ViewSonic PJD5132 SVGA Multi-Region 3D Ready Portable DLP Projector, Track IR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog, Cougar MFDs.

Wow...

Reaper6

Thats how good your bird is :thumbup:

Made some tests flying the ka50 against multiple Gazelles, it was like swating flys left and right although fun. It was a scary conclusion.

Almighty Shark!

#I've been dreaming about an unlicensed version of the MIG-31...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes it is very real, there are people who fly the mirage that refuse to play because it is now labeled as RED

"Tell me that's a joke right ?... What the heck is currently happening ?! If things are defined like this, I'll probably pass that round 9, I mean it, I do find no interest at all in such scenerio, neither my squadron. I don't know what came up in admins mind with that initiative, I really don't get it. Moving the M2KC in the REDFOR was maybe the biggest move which makes me really doubt of BS realism fidelity."

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2878123&postcount=1187

:huh:

That's pretty childish to be honest. But nobody forces them to fly the Mirage. There are enough other planes on blue.

Greg, don't tell me, I don't care, but other people do care.

When it comes to teamcolors I am basically a dog but it is a sad reality that people do identify and boost their ego with certain coalitions in computer games. That is all I was pointing out, it is also one of the reasons why we have a drought of players on red side during american prime time.

You guys could have quoted me. It's not a matter of ego, it's just my own preference, I'm into realism, I do not enjoy fictive things. You might like arcade things, you might like FC3, you might like random barrel rolls, I don't, I rather professional modules for instance. Now show some respect as I don't judge you. We all have our preferences, I haven't judged anyone so far. I won't fly Round 9, that's my choice, that's my problem as you said, as simple as that, I ain't satisfied about how things are going on, but who cares ? I'll do other stuff. Enjoy the game, enjoy Blue Flag.

Read the rules hear:

http://forums.eagle.ru/rules.php#en

Your post will be removed and warning points issued if you violate these rules.

I guess my previous post was too rude ? Alright.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

While I don't agree with the Mirage ONLY being on RED, I'm not going to let it stop me from enjoying round nine. Each to their own, I flew RED during round seven and had a blast so I'm looking forward to it. However, having it on both sides would be the best idea. (Just like how it was during round seven.) Also tone it down with the realism talk, Blue Flag is based on fictional scenarios and that's what makes it fun.

Thats how good your bird is

Made some tests flying the ka50 against multiple Gazelles, it was like swating flys left and right although fun. It was a scary conclusion.

Almighty Shark!

Are you doing the tests with the M or the L variant

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

Was catching up with the thread and the whole "Red vs Blue" naming issue. That people won't fly because an aircraft is now on the red side and it shouldn't be and buddyspike should use different colors.

My suggestion is to abandon the whole idea of Red vs Blue and do like the US Military(stories about 5 fictional countries here here ) does now for large exercises and make up fictional countries at war. Buddyspike then could write up there own stories behind the countries and why they are fighting and why they have this aircraft and that aircraft. This no longer makes it a Red can't have a <insert aircraft here> or Blue can't have this aircraft because <insert reason here>. Something that might get the fun back into Blue Flag.

Specs: It's a computer...it runs DCS....

Audentes Fortuna Juvat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

While I don't agree with the Mirage ONLY being on RED, I'm not going to let it stop me from enjoying round nine. Each to their own, I flew RED during round seven and had a blast so I'm looking forward to it. However, having it on both sides would be the best idea. (Just like how it was during round seven.) Also tone it down with the realism talk, Blue Flag is based on fictional scenarios and that's what makes it fun.

Yeah, but, for example, what scenario can you think of would mysteriously lose all radar guided missiles? lol They've been based on eras which is realistic and that's what he's been talking about and it's also been what's drawn the crowd.

• Like 1

I9 9900k @ 5ghz water cooled, 32gb ram, GTX 2080ti, 1tb M.2, 2tb hdd, 1000 watt psu TrackIR 5, TM Warthog Stick and Throttle, CH Pedals

Yeah, but, for example, what scenario can you think of would mysteriously lose all radar guided missiles? lol They've been based on eras which is realistic and that's what he's been talking about and it's also been what's drawn the crowd.

Up you go sir. :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm into realism, I do not enjoy fictive things. You might like arcade things, you might like FC3, you might like random barrel rolls, I don't, I rather professional modules for instance. Now show some respect as I don't judge you.

Don't want to burst your bubble treacle but compared to the Flanker, the Mirage with its flight model, damage model and radar model is more arcade than any other module out there.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

Don't want to burst your bubble treacle but compared to the Flanker, the Mirage with its flight model, damage model and radar model is more arcade than any other module out there.

Unless you are referring to now fixed bugs, Razbams SMEs disagree with you. Damage models are broken across the board for ai aircraft, but as someone who has flown a lot or mirage, the damage model sure seems correct, missiles kill it 98% of the time and the other 2% disable it so greatly that you are lucky if they don't finish you off.

• Like 1